Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd cut that thing up too! Watch ya thinking about using? Axe? Multcher? Mower? Any three work great on Huskies!
hey kid! i got a scrounge pile on my drive. about 1/4 cord or so. need to get it gone. stacked. i burn firewood all the time... day before
P1010016.JPGP1010017.JPG

outside; kept me warm for a few hours... :)

The Navy's CWIS is a six barreled Gatlon gun that fires 20mm projectiles at 7000 rounds a minute. It's is an anti air craft and an anti missile defense weapon. In
other words.

It shoots real fast!
rapp, rappp.... rappp goes a Thompson on Auto...

Zipp, zippp.... zipppp goes the 3,000/min gun. those big guns are just simply too cook! 👍

I never had 4 at the same time, but often 2 or 3 at a time, and the current one is #10.

I had 3 classic Mustangs when I got married the first time. Two 68 Fastback GTs and the 70 Boss 302 body. One of the 68s had a 302 4 bbl and was my economy car (got 18 MPG) and the other was a factory 428 CJ with the 4:30 drag pack option. (Very rare, worth lots of money now). I never rebuilt the 428 and both my 427 and my 390 GT were much faster than it, even w/o the gears.

My X got us in charge card debt and I had to sell the Mustangs and I purchased a 1980 Pinto Station Wagon that I used to bring home wood to heat the house. After I began to recover financially, I had an 85 T-Bird Turbo Coupe and an 85 Mustang GT. After that a 92 T-Bird Super Coupe, a 2000 Mustang GT then my current 2006 Mustang GT. Also had a couple of Rangers along the way. First year they were out I got a 4 cyl 4 speed 2wd w/standard cab (that was all they made at the time) and later got a V6 5 speed extended cab 4WD one. Also had a couple of Explorers over the years, the first one was by far the best. Bought it used and could not kill it. The 2nd one I bought new, and it had perpetual problems. Every 6,000 miles, it needed a new plug on #4 (plus other problems). Ford always said they fixed it, but never did.

Getting up to my property with the 2wd Ranger in the snow involved installing chains and driving recklessly, but I always managed to make it up the hill (just not always on the first attempt). You do what you have to do, and hope you survive it!

My current F-150 goes up so effortlessly with the Blizzacks that I pinch myself!
How did the 85 T bird run with the 4 banger 2300?

drained that oil in Moar Project. total pita! never worked on such a POS as that machine. oh well... it is coming around. the dipstick was the clean oil! never seen such black oil come out of a mower engine before! takes the cake... film at 11.

this was the clean oil... topside where the dip stick dipped into it
View attachment 1056865
When I rebuild the engine on the suburban I couldn’t believe the sludge build up in that engine. Part of the reason the head gasket project turned into a full rebuild.

Anyone know how a rev limiter works? Does it completely shut off the spark or maybe go into a 1 spark per 10 revolutions thing? Had a Husky powered K12 rescue saw that wouldn't rev much past idle and I determined it was only firing about 1 time every 10 revolutions. Exhaust note sounded odd too. A new coil fixed the problem but I'm curious about what would make a coil act this way. Maybe the rev limiter was shorted and on all of the time?

Not sure why Mike but I Stihl have the chains for my 74 Pinto wagon. :crazy2: Hauled a lot of wood in that thing.
My hauler and skidder was a 1979 Subaru wagon with on the fly 4wd and low range, No tailgate and a big hook bolted to the frame in the rear, Never thought of tire chains though!

Man! Some of you guys will get every last stroke out of a saw hu?

Ten jugs, twenty pistons, seven gas tanks, three fly wheels, but them wraps thar? Them's original serial number! Yes sir!

🤣Good on ya!👍
AM parts have allowed us to bring lots of good saws back to life that would have been unaffordable with OEM parts. For me, I mostly work on 044/440, 046/460 and 066/660 saws. Meteor pistons work as good as OEM and are often half the price, AM tank holders and recoils are far less than half of OEM, you just need to know what OEM parts to use with them and how to make them reliable. And, all the plastic covers work and are cheap (with some modifications here and there). I have also had good results with AM coils, but mixed results with AM carbs. I rebuild the OEM carbs whenever possible, and even bought some new OEM when I find an OK price for my higer "performance" builds.

OEM controls work better on AM tank holders, and OEM pull ropes work better on AM recoils, plus I always check them out an spray them with some silicon.

I acquired many of my saws by fixing other saws. You get 9 broken saws, fix 5 and give them back to original owner who lets you keep the rest. Fix and sell 3 to more than cover the cost of all the parts, fix and keep the old 066 for yourself!!!

Ahhhh...now I can rest. My eyes and brain hurt from reading this thread quickly. I started reading the posts from the beginning of December. When did the thread title change? Was there a kerfuffle about how we didn't stay on topic? I wasn't keeping up since last May or so. Anyways, good to see all the usual suspects and welcome to the newbies. Off to put some time on the MS400.

I wasn't keeping up since last May or so
OK, so you and @Cowboy254 just need to answer a few basic questions:
  1. Tracked skidsteer or tractor?
  2. 22LR or 50 cal?
  3. Pine or black locust?
  4. Grass is green/sky is blue or other?
That should pretty much get you up to date so we know where you stand on these important topics.

KThxBye! :hi:

I never had 4 at the same time, but often 2 or 3 at a time, and the current one is #10.

I had 3 classic Mustangs when I got married the first time. Two 68 Fastback GTs and the 70 Boss 302 body. One of the 68s had a 302 4 bbl and was my economy car (got 18 MPG) and the other was a factory 428 CJ with the 4:30 drag pack option. (Very rare, worth lots of money now). I never rebuilt the 428 and both my 427 and my 390 GT were much faster than it, even w/o the gears.

My X got us in charge card debt and I had to sell the Mustangs and I purchased a 1980 Pinto Station Wagon that I used to bring home wood to heat the house. After I began to recover financially, I had an 85 T-Bird Turbo Coupe and an 85 Mustang GT. After that a 92 T-Bird Super Coupe, a 2000 Mustang GT then my current 2006 Mustang GT. Also had a couple of Rangers along the way. First year they were out I got a 4 cyl 4 speed 2wd w/standard cab (that was all they made at the time) and later got a V6 5 speed extended cab 4WD one. Also had a couple of Explorers over the years, the first one was by far the best. Bought it used and could not kill it. The 2nd one I bought new, and it had perpetual problems. Every 6,000 miles, it needed a new plug on #4 (plus other problems). Ford always said they fixed it, but never did.

Getting up to my property with the 2wd Ranger in the snow involved installing chains and driving recklessly, but I always managed to make it up the hill (just not always on the first attempt). You do what you have to do, and hope you survive it!

My current F-150 goes up so effortlessly with the Blizzacks that I pinch myself!
I owned 5 Avantis at one time all running and driving and 2 parts cars . But I've owned at least 20 others too . Pretty high percentage of all Studebaker Avantis built . They built a little over 5k of them

Yeah I'd cut that thing up too! Watch ya thinking about using? Axe? Multcher? Mower? Any three work great on Huskies!
i don't have no Huskies... my sled dog team is AKA Norwegian Elkhounds...
1676132284307.png

LOL, but i see ur point now!!! thanks for the tip....1676132355610.png
:drinkingcoffee:

When I rebuild the engine on the suburban I couldn’t believe the sludge build up in that engine. Part of the reason the head gasket project turned into a full rebuild.
no doubt about is Shooter - some real nasty stuff over in the engine cleanout gunk barrel!! ~ :omg:

but does a goood job!

yep! the pan, too. it all goes into the cleanout vat
1676132852908.png

Ahhhh...now I can rest. My eyes and brain hurt from reading this thread quickly. I started reading the posts from the beginning of December. When did the thread title change? Was there a kerfuffle about how we didn't stay on topic? I wasn't keeping up since last May or so. Anyways, good to see all the usual suspects and welcome to the newbies. Off to put some time on the MS400.
We were kerfuffled more than once by moderators. Somebody with more brains than me asked to have the name change to include basically everything and we have been kerfuffle free ever since. At ease, carry on, smoke em if u got em. Oh and glad ur back.

Latest posts

Back