Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worry a bit about your doggo's hearing. Looks like a lovely day though.
Trust me. They'll bounce out and go a little distance away and either lay down in the sun or catch some fresh sniffs if the saw noise bothers them. I don't make them sit there and listen to it. I only make them stay on the wheeler when I'm tip'n trees over, but the wheeler's a good safe distance away when I'm doing that anyway.

What, chains for plowing? 🤣🤣Your snow is much dryer and lighter in the interior vs Kodiak fir sure. We can get very wet heavy snow then have it freez if the wind changes. I've seen neighbor kids ice skate down the roads after a slushy snow fall then a freez up. I'll post pictures. Ain't nobody going anywhere without chain's! I've seen the States six wheel drive road grader chained up on all six many many times! However, Kodiak "isn't real Alaska" is it? Tell that to one of our bears. 🤣🤣👍
I’ve run chains on graders even here with our dry snow, but never in a skidsteer anywhere from Haynes to prudhoe.

Run a soft tire, and get your front tires off the ground to get all the weight on the back ones and it will go. You won’t be able to push up a pile as high as a tracked machine will, but I’ve done a LOT of plowing and hard pack removal with a skidsteer and have never run chains.

Actually, a tire machine will plow better than a track machine will in my opinion, but you can’t ramp snow up with the tires.

I’ve run chains on graders even here with our dry snow, but never in a skidsteer anywhere from Haynes to prudhoe.

Run a soft tire, and get your front tires off the ground to get all the weight on the back ones and it will go. You won’t be able to push up a pile as high as a tracked machine will, but I’ve done a LOT of plowing and hard pack removal with a skidsteer and will have never run chains.

Actually, a tire machine will plow better than a track machine will in my opinion, but you can’t ramp snow up with the tires.
If that's what your drop'n down? I will definitely pick it up and research it some more. 👍

I like it when you talk dirty!!!
😋
fired some off on the barbie for dinner tonite. last nite, too. these T-Bones on sale $5.87 or so... w/card. N Ryan brand. so we went back today and got these. melt in mouth! lots marbeling. extra thick cut. $75-$100 ala carte any top steak house here in town!! killer. this beast is 2+ #s!!! and no, did not eat it all, but sure did make a big dent in it.... 🤩

BL's 2-pndr T-Bone.... med rare, plse
P1010015.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010006.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010019.JPG

I'm hoping to get some time and ambition to see if I can get some fire wood out of the trees the farmer knocked down in the hedge row along our joint border. Besides the trees he knocked down there are several that he skinned up pretty go so I think they will be dead come spring. Probably have to wait till after they pick the corn in the fall to go for them.

Most of the trees are around the size that Stillhunter has in his pickup.

It's not a pissing match. It is a clear cut case of slander caused by one individual and backed by another with a big forum to lead people on then dismisss others. Most people are not interested in the truth. The truth is my rep pays a price and so does my family everytime he goes around bashing me.

If I started a thread on who would like to vote on Ken having a good rep it would be interesting to see the results. Once it's in the reasons behind those decisions would prove very interesting. When you have the soapbox and all the ears it is easy to destroy others or anything you perceive as a threat. Doing it repeatedly shows intent. Doing it without proof shows ignorance. Hiding behind a keyboard while locking others out is easy. This is how kings operate.
Pissing match may have been the wrong term. Inquisition may be better.
I personally don't think you've done any wrong and any wrong you may have committed has been made right and you've made every attempt to make it right. Even going above and beyond the call of duty. this is one (of the many) reason (s) I don't go to the other site anymore.
I hold you no ill will and I don't think anyone should.
Thanks, I'll do a bit more searching on the plugs before I pull the trigger, but I just deposited money in the account I'd use to purchase them so when I figure out exactly what I want I can pounce. The weather has been pretty nice, so I'm sure I can find a day in the next couple months to get something done other than cutting. I have jury duty next month, so those days will probably be shorter than work days, if the weather cooperates that would be a nice time to get it done.

I just finished picking up a load of smaller BL and all the brush from the one I pushed down last night. Also bucked up probably a bucket of to be split wood as well. Yesterday I forgot to mention that I added 7 sticks onto the log pile, and I think I have 4 down there I'm getting after my little break. Hope to brush out and buck up a smaller cherry and then push a couple more over, but my time is getting short, may have to hold out as I have plans this evening.
I'll echo this either Motorcraft/ ford plugs or autolite plugs. As funny as this may sound rock auto has had the best prices for Motorcraft plugs. I would have ordered them for the escape but one of the acdelco plugs the previous owner put in had cracked insulator, so iridium autolites from auto zone rip off it was. Inky reason I run the iridium plugs is cause they last longer and those back cylinders suck to change on the 5.4l and worse in the 6.8l. Even worse on the escape as you have to pull the intake off. Keep us posted on the coils. I paid nearly $200.00 for the msd coils. They have been in for years now, but a cheaper alternative would be welcome.
@Lightning Performance

I tried to read your other thread, but then it was locked and then much of it was deleted. I can’t say that I fully understand what’s going on, but you certainly seem to trying to make things transparent for everyone.

I had significant trouble with Randy and his henchmen myself back when I was a moderator of the site. When he tried to lead his great exodus out of here, he did his best to discredit the moderators and site owners while acting like he was the victim of some great conspiracy; when in reality he was the one spinning the scheme to mislead people. He’s a narcissist and manipulator of the first order. For anyone who doesn’t believe me… Watch the way he deals with people over at his place and how so many people come and go… One minute they are his best friend, “bro”, “brother”, “cuz”, etc, and the next minute they are on the outs, never to be heard from again. Everything is fine and dandy until someone disagrees with him or he feels threatened by them. No, I’m not going to say that he doesn’t know his stuff about saws, runs a bad business, or won’t help all the fellow in need, because he certainly does those things well. But people need to understand that he’s not this happy go lucky good old boy that he tries to portray.

Some people make a life out of acting like that….manipulating and bullying people into getting their way. I have no interest in that BS. To each their own.

I wish you the best in figuring out your situation, and I know there’s a lot of people who feel the same as I do so I wouldn’t worry too much about Randy slamming you… people who believe him, would never do business with you anyway, because they’re buffaloed by his line of BS.
This 👆🏼
spent sometime pondering the change from one of my outbuildings from trashed to smokehouse and work shed. numerous items in there. some old RR bridge bolts. this n that. couple gasoline cans. one a gerry can like u pictured. but much a rust on it...

well, u get the idea
View attachment 1059261
Mine are the nato version. I made a conscientious decision not to get the usa version. For lack of a better term, the nozzles suck. Well not the nozzles but the gaskets and how tight they need to be not to leak. Also always seemed to need a big channel locks to open the dang things. Personal preference is all. Wish they were cheaper, I wouldn't mind having a few more for diesel.

thousands of trucks! not too sure i'd like to head of that maint dept.... :popcorn2:
I was talking about kk's comment. (Tracking number so he could track his tracks!)
I'm glad I don't get thousands of trucks! I would completely lose my mind! Lol

Back