Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thoughts also about the fuel getting mixed inside the crankcase.
I hear what you guys are saying but I think you underestimate how important air/fuel mix is, and if it does not happen out of the carb it may not happen.

It is basically how GM kept 2 valve pushrod engines meeting emissions ... they re-designed the intake, head and combustion chamber to get a good mix.

Makes a big difference in power and efficiency.

I wantta see that 660 modified with a buried 42” bar you spoke about, pouring waste. 😆
Yes! Squareground throws down the gauntlet by calling out KK!!! I love it! 🤣

You got it bud! I'll post a video as soon as I can. I'll try and do it today as a matter of fact. That work for you?👍And it's a 661, not a 660.😉

i started reading the kid's suggested Alaskan Bear Stories and Tales book... a car starts off in 1st gear, give it gas, it accelerates... the Bear Book starts off in 4th gear going 100+ mph! Wholely- 💩! :blob2::blob2:

claws from paws... 6" long! take a double barrel shot right in the mouth into head... [i call that a close call!] and close both barrels with clinching teeth before it hits the ground... 3 clips into heart, all but point blank.... charging hard, full steam ahead! - and it still don't stop... heart once opened, all but gone! disintigrated from 15+ hits... a small Griz can run 1600#s!.... and one is in no fear of any other animal... my mind jumped to lion, tiger.... next sentence included them... my mind jumped to elephants... 2 more sentences mentioned. beware of any over 2,000#s!!! as they are there, too!! and you would not stand a chance!! ~ and then there are the descriptions and stories of AK guides, hunters and surviving partners of hunting teams... :surprised3: and i am only on page 15!

i always wondered about the last moments of that guy, T Treadwell over in Katmai who used to hang out with the bears... then he and his g/f had real problems one day... but wonder no more, i got a clear picture now ~ :omg:

like D Proenneke said in one of his vids... 'and then she winded me... and i very quickly, left the area immediately!'

1677511585192.png
up to 35 mph dash... 100' in 2 seconds.... and you would not stand a chance!! ~

knock your head clean off shoulders!... like a homer out of the park... as ur torso keeps stepping forward for a few more... then plays with it like now time for soccer!

as your pals just off shore few feet fishing... watch helpless to assist. should a left the blue berry patch alone in the wilderness ~

i started reading the kid's suggested Alaskan Bear Stories and Tales book... a car starts off in 1st gear, give it gas, it accelerates... the Bear Book starts off in 4th gear going 100+ mph! Wholely- 💩! :blob2::blob2:

claws from paws... 6" long! take a double barrel shot right in the mouth into head... [i call that a close call!] and close both barrels with clinching teeth before it hits the ground... 3 clips into heart, all but point blank.... charging hard, full steam ahead! - and it still don't stop... heart once opened, all but gone! disintigrated from 15+ hits... a small Griz can run 1600#s!.... and one is in no fear of any other animal... my mind jumped to lion, tiger.... next sentence included them... my mind jumped to elephants... 2 more sentences mentioned. beware of any over 2,000#s!!! as they are there, too!! and you would not stand a chance!! ~ and then there are the descriptions and stories of AK guides, hunters and surviving partners of hunting teams... :surprised3: and i am only on page 15!

i always wondered about the last moments of that guy, T Treadwell over in Katmai who used to hang out with the bears... then he and his g/f had real problems one day... but wonder no more, i got a clear picture now ~ :omg:

like D Proenneke said in one of his vids... 'and then she winded me... and i very quickly, left the area immediately!'

View attachment 1061443
up to 35 mph dash... 100' in 2 seconds.... and you would not stand a chance!! ~
Up close and personal . GNP 10FACA02-CE7B-4112-AAE0-3FA3388FE518.jpeg7F608645-BD03-441B-BAD4-9BA41E688D55.jpeg

I hear what you guys are saying but I think you underestimate how important air/fuel mix is, and if it does not happen out of the carb it may not happen.

It is basically how GM kept 2 valve pushrod engines meeting emissions ... they re-designed the intake, head and combustion chamber to get a good mix.

Makes a big difference in power and efficiency.
intake runner pooling was still an issue, espcially with low octane unleaded fuel, puddling, build up back side intakes, furthering the problems, etc... kills a/f ratio. from my exp, [extensive] the best thing to clean up and maintain ideal a/f ratios was the inclusion of computer controlled fuel injetors with ideal pulse width modulation capability and enhanced atomization... all but eliminating, significantly... reducing air column turn pooling. even with modern mfg, the runners, heads etc were not flow column ideal. add the computer controlled injector, high pressure gasoling in fuel rail... and the spray almost instantly turns into a gas....

at part to partial throttle, the injector varies the amount of fuel and pressure to maintain ideal a/f ratio... effcient up to about 87% of capability... maintaining a 14.7 for normal performance, 12.5 for start up etc and varies for speed, load, gear, vac, temp, and air flow, and thru cat the exh...

full throttle is a very small droplet spray of gasoline, high pressure
1677513311528.png

after only a few pages in, one would go :surprised3: at such a pix! for, and i believe it... one thing seems to be predictable and can be counted on....

bears are unpredictable!!!!

i think that part of the book is a foregone conclusion! i see now why the mentions about it say...'once u pick it up, can't put it down!' i got a bit miffed... once the words started fading late last nite! :reading:

a real-life Alaskan Adventure, and i don't even have to get cold, despite one chilling page after another ~

so far awesome read, thanks for the suggestion kid! 👍

after only a few pages in, one would go :surprised3: at such a pix! for, and i believe it... one thing seems to be predictable and can be counted on....

bears are unpredictable!!!!

i think that part of the book is a foregone conclusion! i see now why the mentions about it say...'once u pick it up, can't put it down! i got a bit miffed... once the words started fading late last nite! :reading:
I ran into several Grizzly hiking in GNP probably the most remote, besides Alaska

I ran into several Grizzly hiking in GNP probably the most remote, besides Alaska
i got the vid Across Alaska Buck's 1,000 mile hike. he runs across several. as he calls Hey Bear!... Hey Bear!... right!... now knowing a bit more on the subject, i'd be calling it quits and high tailing it other direction!!!! :laugh:
:drinkingcoffee:

I took this picture twenty plus years ago with a 35mm cammera. This is about a 9 foot boar draging a 12 foot tapeworm the diameter of a quarter. 🤣🤣😉🤮View attachment 1061456View attachment 1061457

Now, I've gotta go spin up a couple different 42" loops and fine tune them fir my Pard @Squareground3691
i found it amazing to learn that they can live a life of misery... from sow fighting. knock the 💩 out of each other, paw slams to the head... busting jaws, claws across the face breaking teeth exposing raw nerves of teeth, broken skull bones, still alive, and a life-long pertetual tooth ache! ~ :omg:

i found it amazing to learn that they can live a life of misery... from sow fighting. knock the 💩 out of each other, paw slams to the head... busting jaws, claws across the face breaking teeth exposing raw nerves of teeth, broken skull bones, still alive, and a life-long pertetual tooth ache! ~ :omg:
Most definitely. They are literally cannibals. In the Spring. A big boar will kill and eat any cub or cubs he can. Even his own!! Also any younger male he can if he gets the chance.

The older ones can have multiple extremely painful abscessed teeth and carry them for years! Eventually leading to infection and death.

The animal lives a very rough and tough life, can live to be over 30 and are not an animal to be taken lightly by any means!

Back