Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are they sitting? I'd be more worried if something was up with the trans then the engine. Always seem to be able to get engine parts for a cat.

My uncle switched to fluid film or pfc whichever is cheaper at the time. He likes it, but it constantly needs reapplied for continuous protection. He gets it by the gallon, and I'm sure if he could he'd get it by the drum. I used it from time to time and like it, but never undercoated with it.
What issues did you have with the por15? I've used it to good success in the past and know many other that have used it with good success as well. Biggest gripe about it is it needs top coated, which is an added cost, so it got axed for the frame on the crew can. There are other products out there that don't need topcoated.
If they are still around rusfre was good back in the day. Haven't looked into them recently.
The one parked in front his the 1945. It has the original D4600 engine and he says the engine is locked up on it because his helper left the rain cap off of it.

The one parked in the rear has a D318 in it and was tan jsut a couple years ago, however he said the last time he tried to start it the pony motor was not engaging.

Both of these grades were used to maintain our city roads up until 2013 when they bought a new Volvo.

ambitious! be sure to let us know your rebuild grader thread. i get behind, too... lol. a PM would be welcome as want to follow it. sounds interesting! i've done some engine swaps, even some shoehorn customs, but never pulled or put in anything quite like your project!
Gonna be a project for sure, but less of a project than this other one I was looking at. This one is a 1942 Galion 101 model and itā€™s been sitting there for at least 30 years that I know of.

86DEACF3-6F55-4F0A-A8C1-1B608E13E421.jpeg

Ya know? Not to get off topic, but this is the best thing ever created by man!
View attachment 1066872
I'm mean, I'm just say'n guys. šŸ¤·
One of the perks of working as a stockboy in the A&P grocery when I was 14 was going to the frozen dairy aisle, checking that the coast was clear, and tipping that can into my mouth for a quick snack. Or 2 or 3.

One of the perks of working as a stockboy in the A&P grocery when I was 14 was going to the frozen dairy aisle, checking that the coast was clear, and tipping that can into my mouth for a quick snack. Or 2 or 3.
If your name wasn't dating you saying you were 14 when A&P was still in business is. Green stamps anyone?

If your name wasn't dating you saying you were 14 when A&P was still in business is. Green stamps anyone?
Plaid stamps, actually. My mother collected them. I kinda recall the deep disappointment at seeing what slight shite several of those stamp-filled books were good for.

Looking to buy another tent garage . This one is a lot more than the Rhino shelter I bought a couple of years ago but itā€™s also 6ft longer 20x30 . Itā€™s made in Canada with all Canadian steel and fabrics and has a much heavier metal structure with added truss supports . It will be 7k delivered to my door . I could buy a steel building for that but I would need permits and my taxes would go up . Hereā€™s some pictures of the one Iā€™m looking at I like that itā€™s rounded so I wouldnā€™t need to go out and rake the snow off like the one I have now
https://www.cover-tech.com/portable-garages64E26F8A-543F-4908-93B7-DA30FAEC93DD.jpeg5908D834-10C3-42AE-BDD7-63C0CD3C5C6B.jpeg
The unit I have now which I will most likely sell 9EDD6C30-C6F7-4769-AF98-BE787B54860D.jpeg4CB58B16-AAA5-4656-B773-72B39C5A8CA3.jpeg

You probably had a tiger tail hanging out of your gas cap too. :laughing:
When I was 10 I could walk to the Clark gas station with my metal one gallon gas can. I could get a gallon of gas, a can of Lawnboy oil, a Hersheys bar and a Coke and get change back from my dollar.

Gonna have to think a bit about buying a battery chain saw. $5xx for a large Stihl. $3xx for a smaller. A baby one $270 with a 40 minute battery. I could live with that but an extra battery would bump the price over $300. A lot to pay for what looks like a kid's toy. Almost need a magnifier stand to see to file the chain.

Back