Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very respectable buck too. Must've been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My friend found a cougar kill up here this fall. It was all covered in leaves that the cat raked over to hide it. That's the first covered kill I've seen/heard of up here. Of course the MN DNR denied existence of kitties until game cams,
It just kills me that these muleys traipse thru my 3+ acres all the time, and my wife will not allow a me to shoot one on the place. Sit with a crossbow out at the woodshed . . .

I love the sausage egg mcmuffin but now they are up to $4.69 so they can keep them...

When they do the 2 for 6 deal on premium sandwiches or 10 piece mcnuggets, thats about the only deal left.
Gotta have the app man:badpc:.
Soon they'll tie the app to your credit card or bank account. They want to change everything to electronic, but you probably already know that.
But I identify as a conspiracy theorist...
IMG_7563.jpg

2-3 hours work is about all I am good for at my age. I just checked my battery drill, thought it might be a Milwaukee - nope, Black and Decker. I'm off shopping again tomorrow and still have a few places to look at, I'll see if I can find a Milwaukee and also a source for Echo. I'm ssure the prices will be pretty much in line or a bit cheaper than the Stihl.
Bit the bullet and bought a Stihl GTA26. It really sold as a "garden pruner" but looks like it will do for my work. If not I've wasted more money on other things. I may be putting it in use tomorrow depending on weather.

It just kills me that these muleys traipse thru my 3+ acres all the time, and my wife will not allow a me to shoot one on the place. Sit with a crossbow out at the woodshed . . .
Your wife won't hear it if you're using a crossbow!:cool:

Follow me for more advice!:lol:

Wow, not a good look on Ford for a vehicle to go down that soon. Was this a lemon or do these engines seem to have these problems?
I think a lot has to do with the first 2 oil changes. I don't care what the manufacturers say, it's not good to go 6 to 8k miles on the first oil change. We recommend 1-2k miles on the first change.

Got it apart.
20230321_144252.jpg

I think a lot has to do with the first 2 oil changes. I don't care what the manufacturers say, it's not good to go 6 to 8k miles on the first oil change. We recommend 1-2k miles on the first change.

Got it apart.
View attachment 1068327
Yea , that should be a recommendation !

Gotta have the app man:badpc:.
Soon they'll tie the app to your credit card or bank account. They want to change everything to electronic, but you probably already know that.
But I identify as a conspiracy theorist...
View attachment 1068320
So what have we all learned over the last three years? The only difference between a conspiracy theory and fact is about six months. Carry on. :yes:

So what have we all learned over the last three years? The only difference between a conspiracy theory and fact is about six months. Carry on. :yes:
In my terms, I've never been one, I just listen to the facts and go from there, much of it isn't rocket science. That's a heck of a topic to talk about, ie rocket science, where'd they get all those rocket guys for nasa from :innocent:.
I'm sure the shirt would fit me just fine though, that's if it was a large and not a medium :oops:.

Got it apart.
View attachment 1068327
I never go past 2K on a first oil change. Then switch to full synthetic. OIL THREAD!!! :laughing:

In my terms, I've never been one, I just listen to the facts and go from there, much of it isn't rocket science. That's a heck of a topic to talk about, ie rocket science, where'd they get all those rocket guys for nasa from :innocent:.
I'm sure the shirt would fit me just fine though, that's if it was a large and not a medium :oops:.
All the original ones were Nazis.

Bit the bullet and bought a Stihl GTA26. It really sold as a "garden pruner" but looks like it will do for my work. If not I've wasted more money on other things. I may be putting it in use tomorrow depending on weather.
I thought they were a useless home owner gimmick. My wife's uncle bought a cheap $59 knock off. He couldn't get the chain on it, so he sent it home with her, for me to figure out. All it was, the adjustment pin the bar goes on, was screwed almost all the way out. When he put the bar on, the chain was too short. I screwed the pin down and put the bar and chain on. While I had it, I had to test it. I'm pruning all of the Spruce and White Pine around my daughters 2 acre lot. The previous owner did all but nothing maintaining the yard for 25 years. Except, he cut the Pines and Spruce back at eye level, about 6' out, so he could drive the mower sort of close. Of course, all those stubs died and made like Porky Pine quills sticking out. I've got pics of me bleeding like a stuck pig trying to get into the trunk of the tree to flush all those stubs off. That little toy saw worked great for that purpose. I could wiggle in sideways and with one hand start stripping stubs. We've taken down over 30 trees in her yard. My Brush Bandit 65 has a 6"X12" feed. I try to chip as much as I can. Sometimes a Y will get in the feed and the rollers just can't crush them down. I had the little toy under the chute. If a limb wouldn't feed, I just backed it up, Zip, zip, and put it back in forward and all is good. I just might go get me one of those little toys.

Mine would be “ Take it “
Mine too, she's always yelling at me to "Kill them all". We used to see herds of 30-50 in the woods behind us. For 35 years I thought it was wet lands. Back in the fall they logged it, and now houses are going up. Couple weeks ago I had 30 in the back yard of my 1 acre lot. I thought about a can and subsonic loads in my 22 Hornet?

Latest posts

Back