Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day fellers,

Quick scrounge today, a massive peppermint came down across a quiet road 30km or so from home. The local arborist cut it into lengths his machine could get off the road and pushed it off. I took more than 2.5 cubes or so today and barely scratched what is there. Weather tomorrow looks atrocious but I'm hoping to get out there on Sunday or Monday and then I'll have some pics. Sorry about today's lack of pics :(

G'day fellers,

Quick scrounge today, a massive peppermint came down across a quiet road 30km or so from home. The local arborist cut it into lengths his machine could get off the road and pushed it off. I took more than 2.5 cubes or so today and barely scratched what is there. Weather tomorrow looks atrocious but I'm hoping to get out there on Sunday or Monday and then I'll have some pics. Sorry about today's lack of pics :(
We'll let you slide this time :).

At least it's not a 3 valve! You'd still be at it.

Where's the water coming from?🧐

We've had good luck with the NGK coils. At least they're not made out of Chinesium!
Why does the 3 valve take longer?

As james said, i must have got a bad batch, second time this yr.

Good to hear. Yeah, but with china supporting many of the cartels down there, its gonna be little china soon.
I've heard that it's actually cheaper to hacer en Mexico than make things in China now. Not that I want to be giving my money to Mexico, but that's better than sending money to China.
I imaging the costs are much higher for shipping now, I did here that containers came down in shipping costs a couple months ago, but i don't follow it so I'm not sure where its at currently.
I have no interest in sending any cash to china. Im delivering eggs to sams club right now, not my favorite place to be, at least the eggs ain't from china like many of the other products here :nofunny:.
He got a bad batch of diesel the other day.
Crazy I've had problems twice with it this spring and never had a problem since I got it in 2015, and I haven't had a problem with fuel in any of the other tractors I've had either.

The high thread plugs stick in the head and break off if you're not careful. Not my pic but this is what happens.
Screenshot_20230505-062119_Google.jpgThere's a tool set to remove the broken piece. It takes about 1 hour per hole to repair. I haven't broken one off since I learned a trick from a trade magazine article. I drive the truck up to temp and get it nice and hot. Bring it in the shop, R&R 2 plugs, put it back together and repeat the process until done.
That's really weird. I haven't gotten bad fuel yet, gas or diesel. My local gas station supplies the diesel for a concrete company with 15 trucks so I it stays fresh. I know it happens, we've replaced engines because of it and the gas station paid for it.
Good to hear. Yeah, but with china supporting many of the cartels down there, its gonna be little china soon.
They're doing they're best to surround us. I wonder why?
I have no interest in sending any cash to china. Im delivering eggs to sams club right now, not my favorite place to be, at least the eggs ain't from china like many of the other products here :nofunny:.
I don't like sending cash there either but it's getting harder to avoid. I hate Walmart with a passion. They had a large part in getting american consumers hooked on cheap imported ****. Most people don't give a crap about quality. As they say, I like to cry once when I buy something. I guarantee if they could keep eggs long enough Walmart would import them from the cheapest place.

I guess this might be a violation of the rules of this thread (are there any?), but I quoted my own post. Again, I do appreciate all your recommendations. I finished up the end cuts at the proper angles and scribe lines, then took one of the cut-offs and applied a stripe of the stains, poly, semi-transparent water seal, and oil to have a comparison:
Cedar gets my vote, Jere. Of course, you must consider the pieces this accompanies.

I guess this might be a violation of the rules of this thread (are there any?), but I quoted my own post. Again, I do appreciate all your recommendations. I finished up the end cuts at the proper angles and scribe lines, then took one of the cut-offs and applied a stripe of the stains, poly, semi-transparent water seal, and oil to have a comparison:

View attachment 1080044
Definitely depends on the surroundings but for me it's between the red chestnut and cedar.

I imaging the costs are much higher for shipping now, I did here that containers came down in shipping costs a couple months ago, but i don't follow it so I'm not sure where its at currently.

Crazy I've had problems twice with it this spring and never had a problem since I got it in 2015, and I haven't had a problem with fuel in any of the other tractors I've had either.
Not James it is Jake or jelly roll ;) :laugh:

The high thread plugs stick in the head and break off if you're not careful. Not my pic but this is what happens.
View attachment 1080126There's a tool set to remove the broken piece. It takes about 1 hour per hole to repair. I haven't broken one off since I learned a trick from a trade magazine article. I drive the truck up to temp and get it nice and hot. Bring it in the shop, R&R 2 plugs, put it back together and repeat the process until done.

That's really weird. I haven't gotten bad fuel yet, gas or diesel. My local gas station supplies the diesel for a concrete company with 15 trucks so I it stays fresh. I know it happens, we've replaced engines because of it and the gas station paid for it.

They're doing they're best to surround us. I wonder why?

I don't like sending cash there either but it's getting harder to avoid. I hate Walmart with a passion. They had a large part in getting american consumers hooked on cheap imported ****. Most people don't give a crap about quality. As they say, I like to cry once when I buy something. I guarantee if they could keep eggs long enough Walmart would import them from the cheapest place.
Got a store called Save A Lot here and brown eggs shipped from indiana are cheaper than white commercial layer houses. I paid 2.25 per dozen yesterday.

Got a store called Save A Lot here and brown eggs shipped from indiana are cheaper than white commercial layer houses. I paid 2.25 per dozen yesterday.
We're going to get some straight run Rhode Island Reds. Roosters for meat and hen's for eggs.

That's good, cause if those were before and after pix you look better before. That guy must have been trying to run his local tat parlor out of ink.
The guy I posted is the "artist" Jelly Roll. He sings country rap which I call crap. I'm a fan of many kinds of music but I just can't bring myself to like it.

Latest posts

Back