Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy I posted is the "artist" Jelly Roll. He sings country rap which I call crap. I'm a fan of many kinds of music but I just can't bring myself to like it.

Country rap lol...years ago, a buddy of mine went to a David Allen Coe show. Anyway, country rap group "moonshine bandits" opened for him. They were only about 1/2 through their first "song" when they got booed off stage, dodging beer bottles as they fled. :laugh:

Country rap lol...years ago, a buddy of mine went to a David Allen Coe show. Anyway, country rap group "moonshine bandits" opened for him. They were only about 1/2 through their first "song" when they got booed off stage, dodging beer bottles as they fled. :laugh:
Was the crowd throwing Bud Light bottles?

I was wanting to hammer something this evening. Changed the plugs and coil packs on the v-10 excursion :baba:. In reality it didn't go bad, but I had to use a half inch drive to break all the plugs loose.
The good thing is it's running great now, but the true test is when I get it under s load.
Speaking of running good, the tractor ran great for a couple hrs before I worked on the truck. I could smell a bit of unburned fuel when under load, and could see more water in the separator, so I'll need to empty that again.
Plugs all looked a lot like this. Surprised they weren't worn down much further, but it was definitely time lol.
View attachment 1080084
Went with the ngk coil packs, I was expecting made in Japan :(, but they seem to be working and they weren't made in china, then again china sure is pushing a lot of crap thru there.
View attachment 1080085
Can't remember, but ford stuck either platinum or iridium plugs in from the factory. Changed them in the expedition right after I got it, somewhere around 200k miles. If the memory banks serve me they still said Motorcraft on them and looked about the same as what your showing. She's got 285k on her now and I replaced the plugs with the coils. Was surprised how nice the plugs looked with almost 80k miles on them.
Ngk has been going downhill with manufacturing in other countries. Last set of spark plugs I bought had made in China on the box.... not happy about it, and yes they are genuine ngk plugs to boot.
At least it's not a 3 valve! You'd still be at it! I'm glad most of those are in the yard. I always put a drop of oil on the threads of the new plugs, especially on the 2v Ford heads. It ensures the plug gets fully tightened and a plug doesn't loosen and blow out. Almost every Ford with a blown out plug has had more loose plugs when I check the torque.

Where's the water coming from?🧐

We've had good luck with the NGK coils. At least they're not made out of Chinesium!
Screw the 3 valve engines.... I'll keep my 2 valve.

I bet they were praying they'd get out of there alive. You know if you know.:innocent:
D.A.C one of the best!! :rock2:

Tried out the Eastwood brake line flairing tool to make a fuel line worked very well with the ni-copper line . Bent it as close to the oem one that was still in the engine but it’s a little shorter since I added an inline filter. Just need to get a clamp to keep it from vibrating. I’ll just use the thermostat housing bolt IMG_6253.jpegIMG_6254.jpegIMG_6255.jpeg

Now I'm really going to blow your mind. Behold....the Carolina Squat!
View attachment 1080220It's what you drive while listening to country rap! :laughing:
They would go well together. Is that passive aggressive enough??? Lol trying hard to stay nice here!!! It is no filter Friday tho!.@

So, with the scrounge pics now. This peppermint that the arborist pushed off the road was enormous (for a peppermint). The trunk was on the other side of the road and I guess was 50-60 inches, this was the limb material.

5th May 1.jpg

5th May 2.jpg

5th May 3.jpg

I had Limby and the 460 today and I was glad I brought it today as I dug dirt with Limby cutting these first rounds :dumb: . The 460 hadn't been run in maybe 2 years and still had old fuel in it but started up and ran well like it always does.

5th May 4.jpg

TBC

Back