Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with trying to grow pond raised Bluegill. Wish I had a pond out back I could go and catch my dinner.
Not sure I'll put bluegills in there, but it doesn't normally take long for the birds to plant them.
Hey Chipper, if you get a long enough hose

Farm-barn.png

you can pump all the water you want, out of one of mine. lol

SR
That would be a long hose lol, pond would be empty by the time the water got to my place.
I'm just waiting for the day that dozer shows up :p. Trade you a day of use for a couple loads of logs, you can even take some big rounds to make trucks for the grandkid :).
Or he could use his work truck and borrow a tanker. 8000 gallons at a time!
There was a guy blocking 3/4 of a lane with a water tank truck filling a pool the other day, it was a very skinny road, had to wait a bit to get by.
The river is just down the road from me, if I had a way to haul it I could get some from there, theres a boat launch where some companies load their tanks(surprised they allow that these days). We also have a creek that flows pretty good behind the house/our property, but that's about 800-1000' away from the pond and it's down a big hill. I guess I could get the kids to haul it up while I'm working :laugh:.

G'day fellers,

Got after the Monstromint trunk today. I reckon Limby's grapes might have gone back inside.

View attachment 1082308

The first couple of rounds were pretty easy being off the ground.

View attachment 1082309

I dug dirt with Limby so the 460 did most of the work today. Looks tiny sitting on that log.

View attachment 1082311

View attachment 1082310

Bandy, who owns the land behind me stopped by. He was happy with the progress. He had asked the shire to remove it and got a case number, which is code for "when we get around to it, don't expect anything soon". He only had a husky rancher and didn't want to have a go at the trunk.

TBC...
nice pix! pretty country, hard to believe all that is upside down! 🙃

Just curious, is it legal to drive a truck with a cracked frame on the road?
Thousands of square body trucks with cracked frames . Most times it’s around the power steering box and big tires acerbate it . Saw one the other day a nice square dump truck he hit a bump and the front tires started the death wabble .
In NY a crack or rot in the frame won’t pass inspection.

Speaking of trucks started to do the body work on the hood for the 68 after a test fit it lined up well except it had two big dents right at the front ridge . Been contemplating how to fix it and figured removing the inner support and braces would be the way to go . Drilled out 30 or so spot welds and it came right out . The support was blocking me from using a hammer and dolly. But it was an easy job . Should be ready to weld back together next week then I can clean and paint the underside IMG_6299.jpegIMG_6300.jpegIMG_6296.jpegIMG_6297.jpegIMG_6301.jpeg

Back