Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The haze is all day now, can’t really see it in the picture but the sun is always red . Even at 1in the afternoon
It's not been quite that bad here, but it's not good.
On I-94(east west across the south side of the state), there were 8-10 spots where you could see grass fires had started on the shoulder, never seen that this early in the yr.
Our haze was really bad last night, but amazingly you couldn’t smell it at all.
That's what I've been wondering, why can't you smell any of it.
I guess there was a fire in Grayling Mi, makes sense to have one there, we haven't had rain but one time here in 2.5 weeks, up there none for 3 plus weeks.
Yesterday NYC had the worst air quality in the US. Not good for people with lung issues
I went to Chicago yesterday, it was terrible, not sure it had anything to do with the fires ;). My breathing wasn't great last night, still don't feel great.

I hear that people are finally able to drive to our mountain property area from the road above, I haven’t seen it take this long before. They’re saying some higher elevation campgrounds won’t open until August.
Dang global warming

Don't worry, our politicians will solve it ... they will ban Natural Gas!!!
I heard Ireland is looking to kill 200k cows to help the environment :buttkick:. I think I may buy some property just to have cows to go against the narrative 🤠:happy: . Seems pretty much everything they say we should be doing the opposite, makes it easy to know what to do anyway. Then I could have more ivermectin on hand, because they said that was bad too...
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/0...may-slaughter-200-000-cows-are-us-herds-next/

I heard Ireland is looking to kill 200k cows to help the environment :buttkick:. I think I may buy some property just to have cows to go against the narrative 🤠:happy: . Seems pretty much everything they say we should be doing the opposite, makes it easy to know what to do anyway. Then I could have more ivermectin on hand, because they said that was bad too...
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/0...may-slaughter-200-000-cows-are-us-herds-next/
Sheep may be worse than cows... New Zealand is going after both!
https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ng-lived-gases-methane-separately-2022-10-10/

No, I don't see a casket truck, but there is a Mustang with racing stripes ... that makes it faster, right??? I may have to get some!
It is scientifically proven that each stripe increases top speed by 5 mph. These are the same scientists the gubberment quoted for denying low cost drugs to treat covid, so it may really only be 2 mph per stripe.

Red Lk trail will be even worse, I bet. Could be quite a wash out at the first creek crossing.

F.S. OHV people say they aren’t even going to try and guess when anything will open. Our area got 400% average snowpack, and is the the reason the Sierra as a whole is as high a percentage as it is. They also said they aren’t finding much damage as the snow melts at the higher elevations, the damage is mainly down lower.

F.S. OHV people say they aren’t even going to try and guess when anything will open. Our area got 400% average snowpack, and is the the reason the Sierra as a whole is as high a percentage as it is. They also said they aren’t finding much damage as the snow melts at the higher elevations, the damage is mainly down lower.
Kinda opposite here. Winter went well and snopack above normal. Then came spring with way above temps. Sno pack and runoff pretty much over a month ahead of time.

Back