Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off - roader Lift I like it , šŸ‘View attachment 1089457
How much will it lift?
I had to use my off road lift today, used it in the pole barn though lol.
Sure glad I made it up there as I had a lug nut that seized to the lug, the impact spun the whole lug out. When I put it back in I couldn't tighten it to the rim, need to get another as the threads would probably get trashed even if I could get it off by reinstalling it with red loctite, then heating the lug and hitting it with the impact once the loctite was dry. Funny how sometimes they jam like that, I'm pretty careful about starting the threads by hand, I don't start them with the impact.
Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.26.55 PM.png
I thought I was gonna need to use it out by the pond, went to turn and I thought I lost the power sterering, then realize my tire was really low. I grabbed a spare I had and put it on the opposite side and then put the one next to it in the picture on the other side. I think I'll just order another set of them, then I'll have two new ones and a new spare, probably depends on the price. I should do a quick search on craigslist, one time I missed an almost new set of front and back wheels and tires for 500 :cry:. Probably over 500 for just the back these days.
Sure is a lot more tread on the new one.
Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.26.38 PM.png

Iā€™m pretty sure eucalyptus is a hard wood šŸ˜†

A well ported 50cc is not just fun, itā€™s a time and effort saverā€¦
My bad, it sure is!
I thought we were talking about @Kodiak Kid and his big softwood/splitter, even after @farmer steve quoted you. Now I feel like one of the guys who calls on my craigslist ads :dumb:.

Heck yeah, ran one of my ported 50's yesterday, kinda stomped on the stock 35 lol.

How much will it lift?
I had to use my off road lift today, used it in the pole barn though lol.
Sure glad I made it up there as I had a lug nut that seized to the lug, the impact spun the whole lug out. When I put it back in I couldn't tighten it to the rim, need to get another as the threads would probably get trashed even if I could get it off by reinstalling it with red loctite, then heating the lug and hitting it with the impact once the loctite was dry. Funny how sometimes they jam like that, I'm pretty careful about starting the threads by hand, I don't start them with the impact.
View attachment 1089613
I thought I was gonna need to use it out by the pond, went to turn and I thought I lost the power sterering, then realize my tire was really low. I grabbed a spare I had and put it on the opposite side and then put the one next to it in the picture on the other side. I think I'll just order another set of them, then I'll have two new ones and a new spare, probably depends on the price. I should do a quick search on craigslist, one time I missed an almost new set of front and back wheels and tires for 500 :cry:. Probably over 500 for just the back these days.
Sure is a lot more tread on the new one.
View attachment 1089614
Rated 3T , it has the portable 5ā€ extension on so it goes up pretty high ,

Nice, now that I removed the rototiller from the little tractor I can move the splitter out back and do a little cleaning up on the wood I've bucked up and maybe buck up a bit more to split, may even do some today. All that wood goes into the back half of the woodshed to finish up 24/25 seasons wood.
Looks like the trailer is holding up great.
What yr is the subie, how's the mileage, or km, looks nice. I've always wanted one, just hasn't worked out yet, probably won't now until the kids are all out of here or at least one, the boys well over 6' now and probably wouldn't want to ride back there lol.
The trailer is built solid and tough. I put Thompsons on the wood every other year when I do my deck. The subie as a brand newbie. šŸ˜‚ . On its second tank of gas. Wife got the ceramic coating which is a pain in the behind because the water beads up so well, you have to chamois it like 5 times to get it dry. Loves it so far, way too many gizmos for me.

:buttkick:you're welcome :).
Plan on making some for my 25' trailer, I some aluminum C-channel already, not sure if that will be strong enough. I also have steel C-channel, but I would rather have the C-channel break before the rails on the trailer, that would suck. I'll probably make some with the aluminum first and see how they hold up, maybe make two and then slam a few logs on them here at the house to give them a little test prior to making a bunch. I know 2x4's aren't strong enough, at least pine ones aren't, maybe I need to have @Sawyer Rob make me some out of black locust.
Aluminum would be nice....
I just used oak because it's what I have laying around, locust or hickory would be stronger, but I doubt I'll bust em anyway.
It sure makes loading easier.

My B7510 just has high and low, the newer models have a mid range, I can't say a time where I would have thought an in-between gear was needed, but often wonder if I had it would I like it?

No, it was a 12mm black hawk ratchet wrench that my boy stuck down the jack handle without me noticing... the darn chickens are more interested in pecking me the messing with the tools. I will say this much, I need to grab the hoe and get digging the foundation of the shop, we had a few showers that I had to quickly clean up and retreat from and I was half on the stones.
Turned into a bigger project then i had wanted it to. One broken stud and the new cat outlet wasn't welded in right, so lots of messing around making that fit properly. Ended up cutting the bottom of the old cat off and welding it to the new cat. Then i noticed the muffler had a rot hole in it, went to take that apart and realized the tail pipe was shot too.... got those ordered. This all started with it needing an oil change, I needed to remove the oil filter to get the maifold/cat out, thought I had everything I needed... boy was I wrong lol.
**** happens when you least expect it.

Latest posts

Back