Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a sharp truck!

Thanks, I really like it so far. That isn't the biggest load ever but it was some wet and heavy wood. I could barely tell it was there and after several trips with rounds and then splits in the bed I was only getting 1mpg less(17mpg) on average. Gotta love a 3/4 ton diesel...

Sorry for your luck Dan. Hang in there, sounds like you are adjusting accordingly.:cheers:

So they amputated the distal phalange/your finger tip in the ER? Damn.

Looks like the 2186 found its sweet spot!!!

Boy that bar looks sexy on there. That bar would of looked good one of my 7900's. lol

Yup benp , right there on the spot , giterdone LOL
She told me again today that she's never had anyone at the er make a decision that fast .
The Doc was a real looker LOL Saw her today , all looks like it should , sez I can mow the lawn if I can take it ;)
I can't find a glove that fits , my brother sez to whittle a carrot a little bigger than the bandage ant it should fit LOL
Because of weather and lack of a good glove , polly no wood this weekend :(
I did get a call yesterday from a carpenter to see if I wanted end cuts , I told him be a couple of weeks before I'm ready because I'd have to build some way to store it out of pallets .
Clint , I'd cut the red wire ...... LOL

One thing for sure, you may not think you need the wood now, but 9 times out of 10 you don't regret it, later! Anticipating any given winters worth of firewood is by no means an exact science, to say the least. Good job picking those loads up while the picking was good fellers!

I owe you a beer , that's funny schitt right there LOL
Yeah, I might not have posted that so soon with some guys but you sure have a good attitude about it. Not much else you can do about it now, so might as well have a few laughs.

To show I don't come here just for humor (or humour, eh!) at Dancan's expense I picked this up last night. At least 2 more loads like it waitin' on me this week.P1020938.JPG

Yeah, I might not have posted that so soon with some guys but you sure have a good attitude about it. Not much else you can do about it now, so might as well have a few laughs.

To show I don't come here just for humor (or humour, eh!) at Dancan's expense I picked this up last night. At least 2 more loads like it waitin' on me this week.View attachment 450558

Nice load there, is that white oak?

Dan, a couple years ago I had a mishap at work. My pinky on my left hand was dangling limp to the side. Just dangling there, this happened on a Thursday. Opening day of Deer season was that Saturday. So after the Doc's did there thing I stopped at Gander Mt to see what was available. I ended up getting the hand warmers that QB's wear in Blaze Orange. It was the only thing I could "kinda" get my hand in. It kept my hand warm, I shot a deer that Saturday, Uncle Mike and my pops watched me gut it one handed, but they were kind enough to drag her out for me. Only deer I've ever hit with my '06 that ran, ALL other just dropped. Just a option out there if it gets cold on you and gloves are irritating it.

Back