Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must have been a huge stump. I can get down about 8 inches with my grinder. If I want to go deeper than that I need to take the ground level down too to drop the stump grinder lower.
Maybe you've gotten used to seeing pictures of the little stumps you've been pulling 😆.
It was about 32 where I flush cut it, but the top of that if it was left in the ground would have been at least 4' in the air, and there were roots sticking up around 7'.
When I cut from both sides down into the root flare, it was quickly more than a 24 would reach from both sides.
It is a good sized stump.

Hhhm, I wonder if a powered cart would be better for you.
Oh, for sure there are easier ways. The four wheeler/trailer and tractor bucket are both less labor intensive. But this is my PT and exercise program. And I've even peeled a few pounds to get ready for basketball. I'm going to need all of the advantages I can muster - age and my artificial knee will catch up to me someday. But not today!

Been sitting three years already and anyone that knows black locust knows, it’s gonna take three decades for it to rot away…. Maybe longer
I know the place where this wood is too . Guy told my BIL no too
I managed to fix the Tacoma evap system . After 3 gas caps got one that sealed . Ended up getting an OEM one in the end but the computer reset and was able to get the inspection done.

Been sitting three years already and anyone that knows black locust knows, it’s gonna take three decades for it to rot away…. Maybe longer
Last year I got a bunch of locust, been cut and split for about 8 months now. Probably won't be till next year till I can burn it, if not 2025 burn season. I love it but man it takes forever to dry.

Dropped my trailer off at a buddies house on my way to work. He just had a few dead white oaks dropped. His neighbor has a bigger tractor with a grapple on it, so hopefully he gets some time to load it for me. I checked some of it out before I left, and it looks like a good bit of it should be dry enough to burn this season.

My daughter is 19, does not drive and has zero intentions of ever getting a license. She does have her learner's permit, so feel free to come on over with your vehicle, a helmet and a bus ticket home. You will understand in short order why some folks don't drive.

Some people should not drive, no matter how bad society depends on it. My daughter is one of them.
I absolutely love the dryness in these comments. I totally understand.

My cousin who is now 19 does not drive and probably never will. She is an extremely beautiful girl with ZERO self esteem. Seems to only date complete duds and most of her friends are not very savory either. Unless my aunt/uncle, her siblings, a friend, or her flavor of the day will drive she is always at home.

My cousin who is now 19 does not drive and probably never will. She is an extremely beautiful girl with zero self esteem. Seems to only date complete duds and most of her friends are not very savory either. Unless my aunt/uncle, her siblings, a friend, or her flavor of the day will drive she is always at home.
I guess I'll never understand it. Heck I can't get a pizza delivered to my house.

Hi guys.

HOT weekend here. Many local all time heat records have fallen over the last few days. I am glad I am not at the state fair, I think it was over 100 there yesterday.

I worked our brat/hot dog sale for the Lions Friday and Saturday. Yesterday we went to the antique boat show. Took the small boat as I knew parking would be an issue and it was, luckily we were able to pull up on shore on the adjacent property to the restaurant. Was about a 12 mile run in the little boat but was very enjoyable as it wasn't too hot mid day. My arms and neck were pretty red but not painful after that. Then we went to the cabin to reset my cellular game camera. Was not transmitting from under the eave of the cabin so I put it on a nearby tree and now it is working. Had one very small bear walk through the yard on the pics that hadn't transmitted.

My cousin who is now 19 does not drive and probably never will. She is an extremely beautiful girl with ZERO self esteem. Seems to only date complete duds and most of her friends are not very savory either. Unless my aunt/uncle, her siblings, a friend, or her flavor of the day will drive she is always at home.

I guess I'll never understand it. Heck I can't get a pizza delivered to my house.

I'm normally not one to make generalizations about generations, but there is something up with the kids now. I don't understand not wanting to drive...even before I had a DL and a truck, I was riding around on a minibike to visit friends, etc. It was all about the freedom to travel for me.

I've got some friends that are now dealing with having kids in that age range. No inclination to drive, they seem to be one of the least rebellious generations yet...they have no problem just going places with mom and dad. I ride dirtbikes with some of those dads, their kids won't ride...not because of a genuine lack of interest, but rather because they will not get out of their comfort zone. One of them, a 16yo boy, told me that it's too scary to learn to drive and/or ride.

Not all is lost, a couple of my friends do have kids that ride. Those kids are the exact opposite, they live to ride and are now excited to start driving as well. These kids are "fearless" like I'd expect teens to be, they've grown up wearing casts, etc. The only thing I've noticed different, is the country kids around here are the more traditional "free-spirited" kids. My buddies that live down in the valley/towns are the ones with the soft kids.

I'm normally not one to make generalizations about generations, but there is something up with the kids now. I don't understand not wanting to drive...even before I had a DL and a truck, I was riding around on a minibike to visit friends, etc. It was all about the freedom to travel for me.

I've got some friends that are now dealing with having kids in that age range. No inclination to drive, they seem to be one of the least rebellious generations yet...they have no problem just going places with mom and dad. I ride dirtbikes with some of those dads, their kids won't ride...not because of a genuine lack of interest, but rather because they will not get out of their comfort zone. One of them, a 16yo boy, told me that it's too scary to learn to drive and/or ride.

Not all is lost, a couple of my friends do have kids that ride. Those kids are the exact opposite, they live to ride and are now excited to start driving as well. These kids are "fearless" like I'd expect teens to be, they've grown up wearing casts, etc. The only thing I've noticed different, is the country kids around here are the more traditional "free-spirited" kids. My buddies that live down in the valley/towns are the ones with the soft kids.
It's just a sign of the times I guess. I see it quite often with the kids my kids go to school and daycare with. No drive to do anything, no want to go outside of their comfort zones.

Back