Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Sweden next June. Partly to visit the exchange student we had 2 years ago and also to do a road trip through Sweden and Norway. I was checking out the Husqvarna website just in case but it appears that chainsaws are more expensive there. I told my daughter that I may ship an axe home while I'm there. She asked why and I said I always wanted a "foreign axe sent"! 😂

Uncle Lee used to bring some of his stuff to the NY GTG every year. He also had one that was bored out and re-sleeved. I believe it ran an 880 piston.

We also used to have some get togethers at his place, which is where this picture was taken. He had a few saws (this was only some of them).

He mostly just collected stuff over 100 cc. The good old days!

Attachments

• IMG_20171001_134203041_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134203041_HDR.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171001_134207515.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134207515.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171001_134215501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134215501_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Uncle Lee used to bring some of his stuff to the NY GTG every year. He also had one that was bored out and re-sleeved. I believe it ran an 880 piston.

We also used to have some get togethers at his place, which is where this picture was taken. He had a few saws (this was only some of them).

LEGEND 👍 He’s has more 100+ cc saw’s than anyone, I miss buying a Dolmar 166 from him , still kick myself in the arse for that one ,😖

So, is a RICK the same as a Face Cord?

Around here a face cord is 4ft high and 8ft long of splits. Wether they be 16in or 18in or 20in

I thought that a Cord is the only “legal” measurement for selling wood

Not a Rick or Face Cord
Yes.....to everything you said.....I think... 🤔

But, I try to keep legalities away from my farwood....

This is decidedly rick country down here in misery.

138cc I believe

Morning ☕️, good run down Brett😉 All good saws. 572 is a little porky but is more durable, less maintenance, and very smooth, and less $. Air filter requires much less frequent maintenance also which is nice when your far from home, and the road…
Haven’t ran saws for a bit, sitting in a machine getting out of shape (when we’re not broke down or rained out). Actually worked 2 days in a row earlier this weekView attachment 1138020Did get a little riding in last time I was homeView attachment 1138021
Well time to go Christmas shopping, hope everyone has a great day.
Oh and just in case your wondering the best saw ever-View attachment 1138027
Lol
Two days in a row :numberone: :lol: .
Beautiful!, as always. But, when you said a ride, I was thinking on two wheels, it was like 50 here today:havingarest:.
Sweet, bet that's a runner:chainsaw:, oh yeah, I had one of those lol.

Sold off my Valby CH140HF chipper on Monday. It has been a great chipper for the last 6 years.
Nice, good you could upgrade, and sell off the "old" one :dancing:.
Managed to scrounge this up today, I gave him 100 instead of 75, hope I did okay.
Now, to figure out what I could use them for, any ideas :innocent:.
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 7.17.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-23 at 7.17.49 PM.png

You all should just step up to the 90cc class STIHLs . Then your wallet will be lighter, which will help your back troubles!
Fixed :rolleyes::sucks:.
I can get by most times with a ported 70-79, even running a 36" in hardwood. Many of the trees I cut that need a bar that long are half rotten anyway and I could cut them with a shorter bar, but I'd rather get it done and get out of there or I'd rather not hang on the low side any longer than need be :oops:.
Couple posts and a cable is all a guy needs right lol.
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 10.38.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-23 at 10.38.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-23 at 10.39.07 PM.png

Latest posts

Back