Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my friend, you should get some , best chain Stilh made probably.And I’m a Hooksy guy Lol 😆 not really
My favorite Chain as of late is the Hexa. I was gifted a stihl RSLK from a guy that came to our GTG a few years back . Cut great. We're on chains now @WoodAbuser :laugh: 20240111_111556.jpg20240111_112059.jpg

So, from what I can see. It only comes in .50g and it comes only in a round grind. I'm a .63g man and run square grind myself. Maybe I'll try a loop out and see if it out performs the tune I grind on my square grinder. However, I may not get the chance to try it, because I'm probably gonna start running anti kickback green label! I just read STIHL recommends it so, I better do what they say! Otherwise I might hurt myself. 😉

So, from what I can see. It only comes in .50g and it comes only in a round grind. I'm a .63g man and run square grind myself. Maybe I'll try a loop out and see if it out performs the tune I grind on my square grinder. However, I may not get the chance to try it, because I'm probably gonna start running anti kickback green label! I just read STIHL recommends it so, I better do what they say! Otherwise I might hurt myself. 😉
You run .404 at all , ?

Yea , I run .063 on my larger bars to ,

You no like?
Honestly, I've never tried it, lol. I just don't like the idea of needing a special file, grinder or grinding stone. All for only one type of chain. Unless it cuts significantly faster. I don't see a use for it. Nor do I know any other pro fallers that run it. Not to say that there aren't any out there. I myself just don't know of any.

Yeah! That looks good. I'd run that chain.👍 If you ain't git'n into that side strap, be it grinder or file. You aint got **** for a square tune! My handjobs don't compare. 🤣 I grind all my square tunes. Maybe touch up by hand every now and then, but it's very seldom.

Honestly, I've never tried it, lol. I just don't like the idea of needing a special file, grinder or grinding stone. All for only one type of chain. Unless it cuts significantly faster. I don't see a use for it. Nor do I know any other pro fallers that run it. Not to say that there aren't any out there. I myself just don't know of any.
I'm thinking maybe to new yet for many to try it especially for the pro guys. I always run RM chain and it definitely cuts way faster than that.

Back