Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had some pics of a primo dry locust but... i dropped my phone and it died and i lost the pics.:cry: 6-8 more trees to cut so pics soon. super good stuff dead standing, no bark.

Older dead n' dried locust will make the sparks fly on you bar, and it dulls the chain in no time.

I love Hydraulics, but some times after a rough day at work or a fight with the lady boss..........the fiskars gets some work out.
Be smart enough to take your aggravation away from her...let it roll off, bust wood. My galfriend and I have been through some tough times lately with her rental business, all Section 8 BS, and ya sell your soul for a guaranteed paycheck every month renting to Section 8, but the animals will destroy a home. I'm fixing to send her $5K a month ass packin. And blows every damn bit of it on her family, and gets zero in return...called enabling. I work a high pressure job for DoD everyday...and I don't need to come home everyday to 'let's suit up honey, we got houses to go deal with'...and she ain't hit on **** all day while I was at work. And work until midnight, gotta get back on that flightline by 0600...deal with these generational 'monkeys' that drive Cadillacs, BMW's, etc...and will simply destroy the interior/exterior of a rental home. Any of you boys wanna 'rental business' woman, with a dozen homes, you shoot me a PM, lol. I'm kiddin about that..,Bad thing about it is...she doesn't come problem free...drinking and pills. Fellas...Id rather go back to combat most days, than deal with her ass. Writing's on the wall with this one...beautiful, gorgeous woman...just don't wanna listen to how to smooth the operation. Rental business is a MF'er.

I didn't mean to air dirty laundry on this fine thread...my point was letting MechanicMatt know...walk away, eat your pride at times, don't get into anything confrontational...the only person that gets hauled off is the male. And now ya gotta court date...for aggravated assault, or domestic violence...man loses every single time. System don't give a ****...you become a victim. Been there and done that...sittin in a cell for a few days ain't fun. The grub sux. You fellas keep your cool about things like this...be a man in your own book, turn your back...walk away from confrontation with your wife, galfriend, if it gets to that point...eat a little crow, walk away. If they keep naggin...walk farther. Like I said fellas, I'd rather be back in the combat sandbox, with some of the **** I've had to deal with, with my gal. Sorry for the BS derail...if it'll keep a good man outta jail...it's worth it, especially for the younger guys. Did a little venting here...again, sorry guys...just wanted to get a little off my chest, that's all. I know one thing...I gotta pretty good sounding board here with you guys. We all grew up, different environments, different families, different everything. But we all share one thing on this thread...pretty decent folks, families, kids. I just try to live my life, treat and learn my son and daughter, and do my share.

had some pics of a primo dry locust but... i dropped my phone and it died and i lost the pics.:cry: 6-8 more trees to cut so pics soon. super good stuff dead standing, no bark.

What type of locust? I need to sample some black locust. Sounds like the perfect firewood. Dries quick, resistant to rot, very high BTU, fast grower, etc.

I apologize fellas for airing my BS dirty laundry in my previous thread...I'm not gonna delete it. If the mods choose, more power to 'em. If the thread talks one man, in a fight with his galfriend/wife...to just walk away...it's worth it. Sometimes losing a little pride, eating a big 'ol turd...beats the hell outtava jail cell, even if it's just for a wknd or for several days. They're the most insane things breathing oxygen on this planet at times...but lov'em, hold 'em close. And for you younger guys out there...show more patience than you might ever thought you can do. If you get the opportunity, wake up early, get a pot of coffee going, the gals usually nowadays prefer some $300 Keurig BS, which I have one for mine, for that espresso BS, fire the skillets up, cook'em a good breakfast...eggs, bacon, sausage, toast...seems like everything's forgotten from the previous nights bitchin...over a good breakfast. It'll be a good thing guys...beats the hell outta the alternative. Don't get bent over breechloaded...it's all about talk and common ground.

What type of locust? I need to sample some black locust. Sounds like the perfect firewood. Dries quick, resistant to rot, very high BTU, fast grower, etc.
It's like a weed. I cut a small one out by the driveway a month or two ago. It tried regrowing from the stump, but I cut the new growth off. Then next thing I know, there's a whole new three foot tall tree growing about ten feet away from the stump that I'm also gonna have to remove since it's side by side with an awesome little dog wood that I've been working on getting back to good health after a battle with vine honey suckle.

I do wish I had about 20-30 more black locust out here. I need some fence posts.

Didn't anybody do anything today, look at all the posts!!!

Anyway, dropped 4 trees today, 2 easy, 2 not. The first one was a dead 15" Ash, had to close the road and it got hung up, after I cut a few sections off the bottom I climbed it again (with a ladder) to move the rope higher and pull it down with the Escape. But it is real nice solid wood, good to burn right now.

Then I dropped a 25" dead Elm, but first I had to get two leaners off of it, and drop another leaner that was near by. That tree gave my big saws a nice workout, and the 28" bar barley cleared the bottom. Have pics of both of those, but not the next two. I will be glad I have a hydro when I split this.

Dropped a live Cherry and live Hard Maple, both about 18". Both clean drops toward the lean (between a pool & a shed). Both easy drops right on the money, and I have someone who wants green wood.

Oh, then I had a business appointment, and, here I am. Enjoy the pics. Used the 362 and 044#1 on everything except the Elm, where I used the bigger saws.

Attachments

• Trees10-26-15 001.jpg
    Trees10-26-15 001.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Trees10-26-15 002.jpg
    Trees10-26-15 002.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
  • Trees10-26-15 004.jpg
    Trees10-26-15 004.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
  • Trees10-26-15 006.jpg
    Trees10-26-15 006.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
It's like a weed. I cut a small one out by the driveway a month or two ago. It tried regrowing from the stump, but I cut the new growth off. Then next thing I know, there's a whole new three foot tall tree growing about ten feet away from the stump that I'm also gonna have to remove since it's side by side with an awesome little dog wood that I've been working on getting back to good health after a battle with vine honey suckle.

I do wish I had about 20-30 more black locust out here. I need some fence posts.
...sounds like a damn mimosa Steve...I've played hell fighting them things. The Tordon RTU has been a blessing. I gotta drill'em, fill them with it and pack their asses with salt, put nailed flashing over the tops of them to get'em gone. Seems to be working. I'll give 'em a little splash of diesel fuel as well.

Hey 615, I am not Jewish, but I did get some real good advice/counseling from a Rabbi one time when I was going through some difficulties with a "pretty woman". He informed me that "HE" had to package some of them better than others, in order to move them along!
...?? Expound on the package theory.

If they weren't pretty, you wouldn't take em! Their beauty makes you overlook their other flaws. It's a crappy toy that is put into a real nice box to get you to buy it.
...?? Expound on the package theory.
kinda like a poulan wild thang or ryobi :rolleyes: painted stihl orange.

Back