Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the computer. The ecm learns how many amps it take to keep a battery at a certain voltage. There's also a current sensor that almost all vehicles have now that the computer uses to measure the flow of amps in and out of the battery. This allows it to charge at the bare minimum for the best fuel economy. So what happens is when the battery is changed on some makes without letting the ecm know is it will overcharge the new battery. Old batteries are more resistant to charging than new batteries so the battery will run hot with the excessive amperage. This is more a problem with the AGM batteries in most new vehicles. This is only true with some makes, others just use the measured voltage to base the charge rate on, which makes sense to me.
Thanx for the explanation.. is this info clear in the owners manual? What does the dealer tell the computer about the charge rate. Or does it let it decide ? (flash the memory) Can it get more complex?

View attachment 1151920
Found this in the ashes. Must have been right inside a piece of wood because I never saw it during the cut, split and stack process.
That's a normal experience for me... old farmlands with various fencing materials nailed to trees. The fence staples seem to be the most damaging things for chains (next to j-hooks, spikes and hinges).

IMG_5878.jpegReally stinks!!! She runs great, I need to figure out something for this side, maybe fabricate a piece out of aluminum, and rivet it to the existing material

Or after seeing that steering wheel, make up some JB weld and mold an attachment point
View attachment IMG_5876.mov

Attachments

• IMG_5876.mov
    15.1 MB
Sadly, something is up with the 272xp, I need to tear it all the way down

I’m not sure what cylinder was put on, the intake is bolted to it, but the ports don’t line up, crazy…

I got the coil in it, was looking it over and saw an air gap!!! Gonna tear it all the way down and see what’s going on

@bob kern
It wasn’t a stick locking up the ms201, it was the coil came loose and wedged itself into the fins. I set the gap and tightened it up, but no spark. Probably got damaged, stinks. Would have been a super easy fix
Still better than seized!!

So many, pretty Swedish girls I think I’ve died and gone to heavenView attachment 1151603
Wow, your opinion of pretty sure is different than mine :oops:.
Whew!! New top end and carb on the 272xp, guessed right by the new coil being in the box of parts, no spark

It’s gonna have to wait till the 262 Finds Its Way to the bench, I’ll just set it aside for now
Looks like a chini top.
If you guys had a choice between resurrecting a 372 chassis or 272 chassis, which would it be??
372!
Getting there, it has some compression again…

Gotta head back to my office and do some work 😫View attachment 1151751
Add a little oil and it will really jump up lol.
It’s usually not that way but I for pictures, why not, Lol 😆
Fixed:laughing:.
Waiting for chipper , to come buy , he’ll say yea but doesn’t have side tensioner , he hates 2 series lol 😆
Here I am:happy:.
There are people out there that will pay good money for a really nice 272xp and pre x-torq 372xp. The 372xp will pull $500. The 272xp will do $450.
And that would be $50 well spent ;).
Wow this thread used to be so easy goin. Now it's just full of tension. Time to loosen up guys. :yes:
Step to the "side" :laugh:.
Sadly, something is up with the 272xp, I need to tear it all the way down

I’m not sure what cylinder was put on, the intake is bolted to it, but the ports don’t line up, crazy…

I got the coil in it, was looking it over and saw an air gap!!! Gonna tear it all the way down and see what’s going on
Bummer, see above post.
Oh, and the 262 runs!!!! Yay!

Put some gas in it, let it idle for about 30 seconds

Going to measure the squish

It had 200psi after letting it run a little!!
Dang.

So, any one want to school me on how the kill switch on these 562’s work?

I know I’m going to have to let it do the 3min idle learn and all that. But when I push down, it doesn’t stop…

Had to swap over the clutch and some AV mounts from the dropped saw to the more complete to get it running. But the kill switch…..

Hmmmmm

@chipper1 it sure does look like aftermarket crud on the 272, carb is new and the cylinder

I was actually on the phone with my uncle when I was swapping the coil. I found the intake gasket behind the recoil and flywheel. That made me look it over and see that the ports don’t line up! I can only wonder what jug and slug is on it…

Later cases had an update to 6 bolts (2016 I think) the "programming" was a revolving door of updates as well as the ignition moduel a few times and a pile of different carbs. In 2020 (may have been 21 or 22 cant remember exactly) There was a nice air filter update, much better imo then the old style filter. Husqy even offered a retrofit kit for older style saws. Fuel lines were updated a few times as well as the bearings, and the hole in the top cover. (Which was easy to do in the old style cover.)
2020 was when the updates occurred according to a Husqvarna rep I spoke with.

I know I’m going to have to let it do the 3min idle learn and all that. But when I push down, it doesn’t stop…

Had to swap over the clutch and some AV mounts from the dropped saw to the more complete to get it running. But the kill switch…..

Hmmmmm
Maybe the wire is not connected.

Hmmmmm
Should just push the button down to shut it off.
Your chain was a bit tight, and I run mine much titer than most, especially that guy from Missouri 😆.
Maybe the wire is not connected.
First thing I'd check.
@chipper1 it sure does look like aftermarket crud on the 272, carb is new and the cylinder

I was actually on the phone with my uncle when I was swapping the coil. I found the intake gasket behind the recoil and flywheel. That made me look it over and see that the ports don’t line up! I can only wonder what jug and slug is on it…
Bummer, was hoping I was wrong.
Thats really odd, but many of those saws have had all sorts of swaps done on them, some right, some...
2020 was when the updates occurred according to a Husqvarna rep I spoke with.
There were many updates to them throughout the yrs, 2015 was the biggest from what I remember, then there were small ones after that.
I always tried to buy the ones with flippy caps and the holes in the covers, as those had the newer carbs from my experience.

Back