Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, any one want to school me on how the kill switch on these 562’s work?

I know I’m going to have to let it do the 3min idle learn and all that. But when I push down, it doesn’t stop…

Had to swap over the clutch and some AV mounts from the dropped saw to the more complete to get it running. But the kill switch…..

Hmmmmm
Best guess either the little metal bullet fell out of the switch on the wire, or the wire got pinched/broke.
The 272 is easier to work on.
Idk about that, they are both very easy to work on.
2020 was when the updates occurred according to a Husqvarna rep I spoke with.
There it is, that was my initial thought but couldn't remember for sure.

I’m not sure, it’s an empty can with big old discharge port. It was ported by Dr Al about 8-10 years ago. Ran real strong, then I was cutting in single digit weather and she went lean.

Had enough other saws I put it in the shelf for a bit

The video of the saw with the tight chain is a 562, its stock. Just pieced it together from two saws.

What’s the suggestion on the 562’s?? Drill a half in hole to add a dual outlet??

Now that's gotta have a bark to it :surprised3:.
But I bet it woke it right up. Muffler mod is the quickest/ cheapest way to more power on the 550/562, when ported aggressively, they are down right violent 😳.
I did a 3/4" thin walled stainless pipe in my 562xp muffler, actually the inside of it wad capped off, and I drilled tons of 1/8" holes in the 1.5" section that was in the muffler. Got the idea from someone on here. I was kinda hesitant, but it worked really well. The ideal was the smaller holes did something with the sound waves kinda like a muffler, but the amount of holes kept it from restricting the flow. Thought I had a picture but couldn't find on on my phone. Really woke the saw up, and it ran noticeably cooler. Sounded pretty cool too.
Yea , it works well , thoes 550,562 are way to restrictive, no reason for them to be like that, but manufacturers think differently,🤔
They want to keep the heat in the engine for emission reasons. Supposedly thats why (one of the reasons) the transfers were designed so stupid.
I cut some fire wood yesterday. I was pretty amazed the saw even started and ran with a stock muffler.
me too, poor thing musta been begging to be let loose with a little muff mod.
Have you done the muffler mod on the kubota? On my John Deere muffler mod doubled the lift capacity. It seems to run cooler too and burn half the the fuel.
na, no need on a kubota. It's already a deadly samurai.

Best guess either the little metal bullet fell out of the switch on the wire, or the wire got pinched/broke.

I did a 3/4" thin walled stainless pipe in my 562xp muffler, actually the inside of it wad capped off, and I drilled tons of 1/8" holes in the 1.5" section that was in the muffler. Got the idea from someone on here. I was kinda hesitant, but it worked really well. The ideal was the smaller holes did something with the sound waves kinda like a muffler, but the amount of holes kept it from restricting the flow. Thought I had a picture but couldn't find on on my phone. Really woke the saw up, and it ran noticeably cooler. Sounded pretty cool too.

They want to keep the heat in the engine for emission reasons. Supposedly thats why (one of the reasons) the transfers were designed so stupid.

Yea kept the heat in , and cook the piston and cylinder , 👍 emissions what a joke,

After reading the article you linked above I have come to conclude that driver count is influenced by muffler mods. That is after applying the same logic used by the archaeologists. :drinkingcoffee:
So you started off with a false premise based on the carbon in the muffler :laugh:.

Emissions compliant Lol 😆 IMG_1514.jpeg

The laws makers who , make these laws for emission standards are the biggest polluters, flying around the world in there jet liners at 38000 feet, no they couldn’t possibly be leaving carbon trails all over the sky , no not them !!!

The laws makers who , make these laws for emission standards are the biggest polluters, flying around the world in there jet liners at 38000 feet, no they couldn’t possibly be leaving carbon trails all over the sky , no not them !!!
Johnny says , lolIMG_2711.jpeg

Latest posts

Back