Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of days ago, I mentioned my Brother and I got this pile of Oak split.
View attachment 1152828
Got a little slop coming so my Brother came by yesterday and we got it all stacked.
View attachment 1152829
Added 3-1/3 rows (5' x 17') to my wood pile. Still ave some low grade firewood that gets stacked on the pallets on the right. Too tired to do it today.
You got some kind of firewood multiplier🤣? I need to know about this technology! Looks like that pile multiplied four fold by the time it was stacked.

I'm usually pretty good with my equipment. Seldom do I leave things for long periods with untreated pump gas in the tank or carb. Such was not the case with my splitter. Seems I shoved her in the corner last spring and forgot about it, and the results were predictable. Instead of getting an early start this morning, I got to drag my splitter home and clean the carb, the tank and change the oil. I did still manage to get a little bit done.

20240211_132456.jpg20240211_132500.jpg

Loaded up and ready to go,

Resized-20240211-154900-S.jpg

He's got some BIG oak logs to skid, and a bunch of logs to be turned into firewood too.

SR

Loaded up and ready to go,

Resized-20240211-154900-S.jpg

He's got some BIG oak logs to skid, and a bunch of logs to be turned into firewood too.

SR
Sometimes when I look at the size of your equipment, I think to myself, he plays in a different league

I skid wood with an antique 8N and some chains

You have THAT beast….

Heck yeah :happy: .
Best handling 50cc limbing saw known to man :innocent:.

The issue is probably that champion plug lol.
It may need a steel intake clamp as it looks like it has a plastic one. I've never had an issue with the plastic ones coming loose myself, I think that happens when guys run a dull chain on them and get them hot. The piston may have scoring too as I'm sure it's been run hot with all that fine dust on it, but I bet it cleans up nice.

Looks nice.
I can't see the side tensioner, a 455/460 rancher clutch cover fixes that ;).

As Sean said, brake part, not sure what it's from though.
It's got the side tensioner, just the version that is the tension pin.

Nice work! NB is a neat place. Got detained at the Calais/St. Stephen border many years ago as the guards tore apart the old VW van. Great times!
That brings back memories of my 56 Chevy being emptied out and all our camping gear spread out on the ground. Our tent and sleeping bags were all opened up. Suitcases opened and clothes all over the ground. When they were done making a mess they said have a nice day. This was at Niagara Falls, N.Y. in the early 70's.

Latest posts

Back