Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was when you became a little testy about firewood trailers lol. Or perhaps something else. Didn't think that would run someone off.

Just looked it up. Back in January (months before I became a mod) he and I (and several others on each side of the issue) were in a discussion about "oiling" car frames to prevent rust. I don't see anywhere where anyone was run off.

we had a local thing years ago he painted free candy on his van to attract kids to pick up and kid nap horrible it was but he was shutdown in two days by the local police and thrown in jail.

Just looked it up. Back in January (months before I became a mod) he and I (and several others on each side of the issue) were in a discussion about "oiling" car frames to prevent rust. I don't see anywhere where anyone was run off.

Oh that's right! Then someone said something about using oil and having it get on the roads. Then I thought he got a bit upset and I've never seen him post again.

we had a local thing years ago he painted free candy on his van to attract kids to pick up and kid nap horrible it was but he was shutdown in two days by the local police and thrown in jail.
WTF!

A few miles where we used to live they had someone with a plain white panel van (no windows) playing ice cream truck music and a lady tried to grab a kid. It went viral through social media and shut down the gig pretty quickly.

Oh that's right! Then someone said something about using oil and having it get on the roads. Then I thought he got a bit upset and I've never seen him post again.
Yes that's the one. Certainly spraying your undercarriage with used oil will protect it but every time it rains or snows you are polluting.

Since this was obviously directed at me...I'm out. Experience is always second seat...

That's where you ran him off lol. He did know a lot about trailers though.

should of used ziebart and saved himself the trouble. glad i own a ford with galvanized body parts my old chevys rusted to nothing the worst models to rust are the 73-87 models

I re-read that a few minutes ago. You can't just quote that without the back story. I assume you saw my posts before and after.

Yep I did. Sorry, thought it would quote everything but it didn't work. Anyway, not sure why I brought up old news. I'm off to continue fixing my crawlspace and basement!

Man, you're no fun. We were just having a friendly firewood scrounger debate. I know how to follow orders though so I'm done.

Just did a rough measurement of my seasoned firewood stack. Very disappointing. I'm only around 3 1/2 cords. Damn it I suck! Need to stop reading so often and instead C/S/S more.

Sounds like you have been reading too much. Get back to work. You made me go look at what I have.
6 rows - 40" wide 25' long and 5'6" - 6' tall. With a little figuring and rounding down I have about 21 cords c/s/s. Last year I used 2 1/2 rows of wood or roughly 8.75 cords of wood not counting the pine I used to start the year off. So probably closer to 9 cords last year.
bb25b4d1ac4b91f3af2503eded185343.jpg

6e537faf628c26a97425f4856037e478.jpg

The longer you guys hang out here, you will find that users come and go. Sometimes there may be a watershed event (in the user's mind) that causes them to walk away but in reality they had one foot out the door already. That being said, the site did kind of go through the dark ages a few years ago and some good people are no longer here because of it. But I would say we have a pretty good group in this forum/thread anyhow now.

shame about brushape it was quite entertaining when he would stir the pot.
He had some dandy user names....hwanstablomie was the best. He was a smart and funny guy but when he went off the deep end it was A LOT of work for the mods. You guys didn't see the bad stuff he did as it was deleted almost immediately.

The longer you guys hang out here, you will find that users come and go. Sometimes there may be a watershed event (in the user's mind) that causes them to walk away but in reality they had one foot out the door already. That being said, the site did kind of go through the dark ages a few years ago and some good people are no longer here because of it. But I would say we have a pretty good group in this forum/thread anyhow now.

That linkbucks hack job was a bad bad stretch.... The worst part was there isnt any other forum quite like this one where you mods give us enough leeway and rope to hang ourselves but not enough to be truly disruptive.

Latest posts

Back