Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look at my valve this week to see if I have one or two set screws on it. It could be that your motor is not running at top RPM for the job of maybe is getting a bit tired.
I'm sure the motor is not running at top rpm, but I doubt it's weak, or the actual issue based on all the 22 ton huskee splitters I've owned and ran(lots of them, over 30 if I had to guess). But I will pull the air and recoil cover off and check out the linkages because I know something isn't 100% in there, although I'm 99% sure that's not the reason why it's not getting into the second stage.
I'll pull the cover off the valve too, which way increases the power, turning it in?
Thanks.

It doesn't seem like it. If I push the governor to make it rev up, it does the same thing when it hits a hard piece, just stalls out.
I'm pretty sure I cleaned this carb when I got it and it didn't change anything. It's the newer style Briggs that doesn't have a choke position, but it fires right up and sounds great.
I think it's a two stage, as that's what these 22ton huskees have always had, but it could have been changed I'd guess.
I'll check the set screw, is that also the pressure release valve?

I only have a fuel pressure gauge.
I'll look when I'm out there next.

The valve was replaced before I bought it, it's acted this way since I got it home.
Need at least a 3500 psi gauge. I think I used a 5k.psi, but that's just what i have laying around.
without the gauge you're just shooting in the dark weather it's a pump or engine issue.
You don't need a full 3600 rpm for the pump to work right if the engine is sized appropriately, generally speaking I can run mine down to about 2500 rpm and it still has the power to go over relief. Just slows the cylinder down, not spinning the pump as fast. Much below that rpm and the govenor can't react fast enough. Just a pos 9hp subaru.

Went to the annual Spring Auction today, tried to spend a lot of money, but 2 other guys had more. I did get two real pretty treadle sewing machines bases to make plant stands out of for $5, and 3, 50 pound calibration weights for $5 for all three.

GHuXdf3.jpg

Now, here is the fun part. Not a good pic, but can anyone guess what this engine is? I knew and was hoping to get a diamond in the rough. But, 2 other guys knew what it was and it sold for $2600. Not to me!

TwR9jWg.jpg

ruDVcly.jpg
A Detroit Joe?

I'm sure the motor is not running at top rpm, but I doubt it's weak, or the actual issue based on all the 22 ton huskee splitters I've owned and ran(lots of them, over 30 if I had to guess). But I will pull the air and recoil cover off and check out the linkages because I know something isn't 100% in there, although I'm 99% sure that's not the reason why it's not getting into the second stage.
I'll pull the cover off the valve too, which way increases the power, turning it in?
Thanks.
Longshot but have you checked the hydraulic filter? Just some armchair mechanicing.

A Detroit Joe?
Sorry Steve, missed by a country mile. I was hoping some motorcycle guys would take a guess. It's a 1919 Indian Model O Light Twin. It's 4 HP and pushed the Model O to 36 MPH. Now, the rest of the story. This one was mounted on a stand and had a wood prop on it. Turns out it is a George Kemp Air Drive Boat motor. Kemp built larger boat motors, airplane motors and drones for WWI and WWII. He swung a deal with Indian to use their Light Twin in this boat motor.
Rlciq5K.jpg

mp6A1HH.jpg

Sorry Steve, missed by a country mile. I was hoping some motorcycle guys would take a guess. It's a 1919 Indian Model O Light Twin. It's 4 HP and pushed the Model O to 36 MPH. Now, the rest of the story. This one was mounted on a stand and had a wood prop on it. Turns out it is a George Kemp Air Drive Boat motor. Kemp built larger boat motors, airplane motors and drones for WWI and WWII. He swung a deal with Indian to use their Light Twin in this boat motor.
Rlciq5K.jpg

mp6A1HH.jpg
I saw the Kemp Joe but didn't look like your pic. I said Detroit because it looked more like yours.
https://airandspace.si.edu/collecti...y-opposed-2-cylinder-engine/nasm_A19800226000

Hey, that looks like my truck, including the rust. Dodge? Not my trailer, though. I wish I had a trailer like that. My log hauling problems would be gone.
Yes 07 with a 5.9 CTD . With the trailer you end up putting more in and then you step back and say I should have bought a bigger one

Latest posts

Back