Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning fellas. I was at Fleet Farm yesterday buying some gardening supplies. Since I was there I decided to wander around and I came across this.View attachment 1171822View attachment 1171823Looks like a nice little saw. The 20" bar seems a little hopeful though. I might have to watch for a sale.:cool:
With the X-Cut chain it will be like wielding a Lite-Saber. No need to worry about bar length.:chainsaw::laugh:

With the X-Cut chain it will be like wielding a Lite-Saber. No need to worry about bar length.:chainsaw::laugh:
Big Brother Fight GIF by Laff

I'll take things I don't need but the guy said I could have it for free to get it gone so I went and got it any way for $500 Alex........

Massey Ferguson 2200 with a rear mounted forklift. The forklift portion is pretty rough and I am not sure will ever work again, but I did score the forks with it too. It has the Perkins 3 cyl gas engine. I got it to turn over and it has spark but could not get it to take off with starting fluid in the intake. Thinking between the penetrant I sprayed in the cylinders and the possibility of some sort of nest in the intake was making it not happy.

All I wanted were the tires off of it but if it runs then who knows what I will do with it. The thing is so dang heavy with all of the counter weights on the front it'd make an excellent small log skidder.

1713789137187.png 1713789445258.png 1713789485607.png

Beat me to it!:yes:

Ours as well. I wish we could have standard septic. There's too much clay so we had to put in a mound system. It's very rare to find a standard drain field septic here.

Our county requires an annual inspection and pumping only when required. The neighboring county requires inspection/pumping every 3 years. If the inspection isn't recorded with the county they send a letter within a week of the due date demanding proof inspection or get fined.

I do think it's a good idea to have properly permitted and designed septic systems with regular inspections. A common practice around here was a small tank with a small drain field with overflow going right into ditches/waterways. That's fine in sandy/rocky soil but that isn't the case around here. There are a few instances where some oversight is a good thing.
I hope you keep that kind of thinking wherever you live.

SR

SR
When everyone is dumping their $h!t in the rivers and surface ditches something needs to be done. I don't give a hoot if someone dumps their grey water in a field or dry well but when sewage is getting dumped in waterways because the crappy home built septic system is plugged and constantly overflowing something should be done. I kinda like clean water, don't you?

Another nice day here today, my wife said we should split this load of wood,

Resized-20230923-134759-S.jpg

So off we go with the splitter to get rrr done, we saved most of the bigger rounds for last and this was the last one,

Resized-20240416-143151-S.jpg

and we split it right into my half cord boxes,

Resized-20240416-143308-S.jpg

That wagon load made just under two cords boxed splits...

SR
Nice, is the green tractor a Deutz? We have a Deutz DX90.

Morning fellas. I was at Fleet Farm yesterday buying some gardening supplies. Since I was there I decided to wander around and I came across this.View attachment 1171822View attachment 1171823Looks like a nice little saw. The 20" bar seems a little hopeful though. I might have to watch for a sale.:cool:
Great saws, my buddy bought one a couple weeks ago. It's like 3.4 hp, and does fine with that bar/chain combo for someone who isn't cutting a lot, even though it's not even broke in yet. But I would suggest a 565 to go with it personally 😃. He actually wants to get a smaller saw too as he needs it for trail/shooting lane clearing, and he had shoulder surgery last yr. You should see the ring camera video of him going down on the ice, he's a good sized guy and his feet came right out from under him 😮

Apparently the problem of "customers" stealing the fuel and bar oil caps isn't limited to our area... Stealing whole saws probably isn't either. The shop where my son works has locked all the saws to the shelving and put security tags on them... Despite cameras being on the saws and at each exit guys would steal whole saws or parts off saws regularly. The locks and security tags have helped but parts still "disappear." One couple had been caught stealing in that shop and in other stores repeatedly. It seems that the opportunity costs of doing so are so low that they keep doing it. The public defender doesn't cost them anything so they don't even suffer that expense. They gotta pay for their elicit drugs though or the bangers will exact a toll on them.

Good morning folks. A nice day here in central WI. I recently acquired an Allis Chalmers 610… and yesterday I washed my Murray.
While I’m at it I might as well share a pic of my IH Cub cadet 70. I’m currently rebuilding the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
When everyone is dumping their $h!t in the rivers and surface ditches something needs to be done. I don't give a hoot if someone dumps their grey water in a field or dry well but when sewage is getting dumped in waterways because the crappy home built septic system is plugged and constantly overflowing something should be done. I kinda like clean water, don't you?
I use to be the chief turd at a sewage treatment plant for a city. From what I saw, it was only the townie people dumping sewage into rivers!

Where I live, folks don't do that, and we don't want/need yearly inspections!! OR 3 year inspections either!

SR

There are a few instances where some oversight is a good thing.
Agreed

SR
In most instances I would agree. If people are knowingly dumping **** into waterways I would disagree
I use to be the chief turd at a sewage treatment plant for a city. From what I saw, it was only the townie people dumping sewage into rivers!

Where I live, folks don't do that, and we don't want/need yearly inspections!! OR 3 year inspections either!

SR
Up here on the lake over the past 30 years, most of the "cabins" have been purchased and either razed or added onto into year round homes. May times the older septics were utilized which often seeped into the lake. Also I have seen people who couldn't afford a new septic just pull the cap and let it flow downhill.

Of course on the flip side if your drain field fails they will want to upsell you a brand new septic system versus just replacing the drainfield which would probably last another 20+ years.

SR
Don't get me started on sewage treatment plants. Milwaukee has dumped millions of gallons of straight sewage into Lake Michigan due to their outdated sewer system.

Until the 80s it was common to have the overflow from the seepage field dump into a tile or ditch that headed straight to a river. The reason is because of the immense amount of clay around here. The ground is waterlogged 4 months out of the year on most properties. The only way to deal with it properly is mound systems or holding tanks. Hills are the only place around here where you may get lucky enough to perc test for a conventional septic.

Trust me, I don't like my $300 a year inspection either. That's the price we pay to live in the country. On the other hand I sleep easy knowing our system and our neighbor's are working properly. 13 years with no problems so I can't complain.

Not my thing either, but the daughter and nephew love it. I’d prefer Tony and Nicks across the street 😉
Been there a couple of time . Don’t eat out much but when we do ,locally it’s Aroma Tyme . High priced but good food and we’re friends of the owner

Back