Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m glad the soil around here is is sandy with pea gravel . There is a quarry down the road and the whole side of the mountain is sand
Me too, I can pee anywhere I want 🤣.
I plan on getting our septic tanks cleaned this yr, it's been about 15 now.

Great saws, my buddy bought one a couple weeks ago. It's like 3.4 hp, and does fine with that bar/chain combo for someone who isn't cutting a lot, even though it's not even broke in yet. But I would suggest a 565 to go with it personally 😃. He actually wants to get a smaller saw too as he needs it for trail/shooting lane clearing, and he had shoulder surgery last yr. You should see the ring camera video of him going down on the ice, he's a good sized guy and his feet came right out from under him 😮
Ouch, I know that feeling. I did the same thing on ice in my driveway years ago. I put my arm out to break my fall. That was a very bad move. Two years prior to that fall I had my shoulder operated on for a calcium deposit bone spur. My deltoid muscle was pinned back on in my shoulder. When I fell on the ice the impact on my arm tore the muscle right off with two pins along with it. A few days later it was all fixed up once again. Not a fun thing to go through. I have had that shoulder fixed 4 times now. I was told that the next time will require a replacement.

Apparently the problem of "customers" stealing the fuel and bar oil caps isn't limited to our area... Stealing whole saws probably isn't either. The shop where my son works has locked all the saws to the shelving and put security tags on them... Despite cameras being on the saws and at each exit guys would steal whole saws or parts off saws regularly. The locks and security tags have helped but parts still "disappear." One couple had been caught stealing in that shop and in other stores repeatedly. It seems that the opportunity costs of doing so are so low that they keep doing it. The public defender doesn't cost them anything so they don't even suffer that expense. They gotta pay for their elicit drugs though or the bangers will exact a toll on them.
There is a solution for this problem. I can't post it up on here.

Still fooling around with the free stump grinder. I was chatting with a guy about the ignition coil burning up. He said that somebody left the on/off switch on. This causes the coil to heat up and blow up. I'll be switching that switch out to a normal key switch. It does run but the carb floods over each time that I try to start it up. After pulling that carb several times to try and reseat the steel float pin I gave up and ordered a carb kit to rebuild the carb. I should have that today. I ordered a replacement chain drive spocket for the intermediate shaft. That gear is beyond worn out. The 80 gauge chain spent the night in a bucket of oil and is hanging up drip drying now. The lower sprocket looks pretty good. What else can go wrong with this unit. LOL, I did get a phone call this morning from the previous owners. He told me that the guy that was storing this for him has a ton of spare motor parts for this machine. I'll be picking them up this afternoon.

My "new to me" tractor is already making me money,

Resized-20240422-150308-S.jpg

It runs like a new one,

SR

Morning fellas. I was at Fleet Farm yesterday buying some gardening supplies. Since I was there I decided to wander around and I came across this.View attachment 1171822View attachment 1171823Looks like a nice little saw. The 20" bar seems a little hopeful though. I might have to watch for a sale.:cool:
Wait til they go on sale this fall and go with the 550XP. Excellent saw, and zero questions that it will run a 20".

Latest posts

Back