Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m clean shaven, not one for a beard…
If you weren't such a great guy, I would give you **** for not being able to grow a beard.
In my teens it was handy... never got carded for anything. Then it became a thing. Voted "Most distinguishable" by one of my classes in college. 🤪
Yeah I discovered that too. Also a beard evens out a face like mine that is less than perfect. It also hides weight changes.
I can't cook and my wife ( who is a phenomenal cook) hates a beard. I'll let y'all guess if I shave! Lol
Women are funny....some absolutely love a beard and no chance with others.

And like they say...happy wife happy life. Or like I heard from a motivational speaker "My life became much better when I let go of the need to be right"

Yeah well I was voted most likely to be jailed for waking up next to a 15 year old :nofunny: . Thanks a lot you blokes. This was despite having a cute blonde girlfriend for almost the entire 4 years.

With friends like that...
It would seem to me that being a cute blonde, and being 15, aren't mutually exclusive conditions. The combination could lead to jail... 😉

They had a "one cut" privilege during the 1st ten years, which they used. They no longer have any timber rights to my property.

However, the guy on the other side of me does not own his timber rights. He purchased the land w/o them! (although they did it for the Bluestone).
That makes sense!

It would seem to me that being a cute blonde, and being 15, aren't mutually exclusive conditions. The combination could lead to jail... 😉
Yeah...

The interesting thing now too with kids maturing sooner (supposedly related to all of the GMO ******** in foods) and the fact that so many more kids are sedentary (and often carrying "adult" weight), they often look much older than they are. Still far too young for most of us to worry about but I can see where a man in his early to mid 20's could easily get in trouble if the young lady lied about her age.

Saw one of the senior gals from my son's class at the baseball game last night, she has put on quite a bit of weight over the winter and honestly I thought she was one of the moms until I saw what car she was driving.

One slightly used bar and chain for sale. Will not ship. Local pickup only.
I think the ad would be more effective with some bait. For example: "Free firewood, comes with free bar and chain. You remove the firewood and debris. Must be insured."

Women are funny....some absolutely love a beard and no chance with others.
For a time I had the beard off... I had a bicycle crash in Lowell, ID. I cracked some ribs, tore up my leg with bad road rash, hurt all over. While in a campground restroom cleaning the debris out of my leg and otherwise getting cleaned up I noticed my beard was a mess after about 5 weeks on the road. I cut it off with my trimming scissors and shaved. I had 100s of miles to go to finish the trip with my son and wanted to look better for his sake. He knew I was hurting... I could barely get out of the sleeping bag and tent in the morning. I did sleep though as I laid on the cracked ribs so they didn't move. I kept the beard off for maybe 5-6 years... About 5 1/2 years ago my then new girlfriend saw photos of me with the beard. She said she liked it. I said give me a few weeks... She's a keeper all the way around. 😃

Saw one of the senior gals from my son's class at the baseball game last nigh, she has put on quite a bit of weight over the winter and honestly I thought she was one of the moms until I saw what car she was driving.
I remember knowing two identical twin girls when I was growing up. One got married early, gained a lot of weight, and looked "plain". The other one stayed light and fit and was an absolute knockout! I think seeing that contrast was one of the things that caused me to always be conscious of my weight. I was also always very active and never had to worry about it till after college.

I don't know what they used to clear the sides of our bike trail, but all the small trees just look like they were "battered" off!
Some of the rail trails around here have support from local highway departments. They are fond of running flail mowers... To me it looks like a scene out of Hamburger Hill after they are done...

Yeah...

The interesting thing now too with kids maturing sooner (supposedly related to all of the GMO ******** in foods) and the fact that so many more kids are sedentary (and often carrying "adult" weight), they often look much older than they are. Still far too young for most of us to worry about but I can see where a man in his early to mid 20's could easily get in trouble if the young lady lied about her age.

Saw one of the senior gals from my son's class at the baseball game last night, she has put on quite a bit of weight over the winter and honestly I thought she was one of the moms until I saw what car she was driving.
I live near a Jr. HS and in some cases it's hard to tell the difference between teachers and students... I noticed that a couple of females started hanging out at the picnic table at my next door neighbor's. I thought they were teachers as I often see teachers walking in the area lunch time and after school. Nope.. turns out there were Jr. HS students! I found that out when I overheard two teachers confronting them about not being in school during school hours! It's a dangerous world out there! LOL

I live near a Jr. HS and in some cases it's hard to tell the difference between teachers and students... I noticed that a couple of females started hanging out at the picnic table at my next door neighbor's. I thought they were teachers as I often see teachers walking in the area lunch time and after school. Nope.. turns out there were Jr. HS students! I found that out when I overheard two teachers confronting them about not being in school during school hours! It's a dangerous world out there! LOL
That's funny. We had a couple of very young elementary teachers and I thought they were students for about half the year lol.

Back