Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There wasn't a box involved in my situation. Literally a pile on the floor of either mislabeled or unlabeled axes, mauls, ect. I thought the price was wrong on the X15 initially because 44 seemed too high, and when they scanned it nothing came up on thier computer. It seemed to be because they redesignate the outdoor tool section to christmas section, and in doing so certain items either become "homeless" or disappear from their computer system. At least the cashiers seemed to think so.

Tell them it is a candy cane and they should price it accordingly. LOL

2efc6e6f00ce6c70afd6d3963dee92b2.jpg

I bought a new woods wagon. Pick it up tonight. I'm probably going to shorten it to haul 6 to 8 footers

Should keep you busy for a while.

Yep. Especially since I'm so out of shape and slow (according to @Marshy ) lol. I also fixed my wheelbarrow, finally. This should be a simple scrounge though. I can just reverse right up to the logs instead of lugging them out piece by piece.

You are learning, young man.

I wont huff rounds out of the woods anymore unless they are quality hardwood.

I've really been contemplating on just saying screw and leaving the oak in the woods. Just can't actually do it since the red oak I'm burning now is doing so great. It's been really easy to get the stove top temp to hit 750 degrees or more and almost heats us out of the room.

I've really been contemplating on just saying screw and leaving the oak in the woods. Just can't actually do it since the red oak I'm burning now is doing so great. It's been really easy to get the stove top temp to hit 750 degrees or more and almost heats us out of the room.
I would carry oak a reasonable distance.

Husqvarna had 20% off
Last time I bought a brick of .22 LR it was about $10. It has been a while for me but I still have a couple of bricks in my ammo box.
For tack driving, I really like my .246 Savage bolt with the bull barrel. I can't afford a lot of ammo for it. That sh!t is expensive.

lol. Is there a lot of oak near you? I can't wait to get to this pine scrounge! It's going to be so freaking easy compared to what I've been doing. I'll just cut to rounds and load them up. I can leave the wheel barrow and Fiskars behind.

I will burn just about anything but I do apply a little math. (quality of wood) + (work involved) + (how bad I need it) = (my interest). I would be all over that.

lol. Is there a lot of oak near you?
Very little. I found a bunch of blowdown I will be working up next spring for burning in the 17-18' season. For me it's either aspen, maple, and birch as the plentiful species. Once I get the last 6 cords of aspen split up from my woodlot I will only be cutting it if yard or roadside trees need to go.

Back