Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some red oak from a cl ad today. Only 20 minutes from home filled the truck and trailer. Had some blue spruce dropped at the house from the ad i keep posted as well so covered the btu spectrum this weekend. Have just under 20 cord stacked already so won't need this for a couple years at least.

418cc3958ca762039a222bfd2569e0da.jpg
af160705ab91cd9c7e4c02087c03eb3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Got some red oak from a cl ad today. Only 20 minutes from home filled the truck and trailer. Had some blue spruce dropped at the house from the ad i keep posted as well so covered the btu spectrum this weekend. Have just under 20 cord stacked already so won't need this for a couple years at least.

418cc3958ca762039a222bfd2569e0da.jpg
af160705ab91cd9c7e4c02087c03eb3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
nice score.:chop: i see your from minneSNOWta.:laughing:

2 more loads out of the scrounge site today. I load left there, to go to little brothers. This should be the end :clap: but my eyes keep gazing at other trees that (need?) To go.
@MustangMike I am glad I have company in the pain department. How does someone get sore toes? Really!

Attachments

• 20151206_134723.jpg
    20151206_134723.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20151206_153016.jpg
    20151206_153016.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
1214.png

Well, been awhile since I've been able to update, its been a busy couple of weeks. I was fortunate enough to shoot a little six point the day before thanksgiving. His other antler is there, he knocked it off on that log when he flopped. He's the first deer I've shot with my Marlin 336 in .35 Remington, and boy he sure didn't go far! The lady at the gunstore gave me another small buck too, her husband likes to hunt but does not eat venison. Some people are odd like that, but I'm glad for it, more for me and the pugs :rock2:

1212.png

One of my coworkers lives about 10 miles down the road from me, he didn't shoot any deer but did bag a nice 40lb bobcat! Said he heard two, but only saw this one.
1213.png

So no wood scrounging for me for the past month or so, though I'm burning through my cedar pretty quick. Two bucks' worth of venison is a good scrounge for sure though, time to go fire up the pressure canner!

I need to step it up with scrounging firewood. Just had a briefing about potential future military conflicts over the weekend. China has a freaking massive military! North Korea will overrun South Korea in a hurry without quick U.S. support. China is producing knockoff military weapons and vehicles based off of other countries designs. Our technological advantages are eroding. Also, the trial for the Baltimore police officers are underway. Need to stock up on firewood just in case I have to do some extended military duty lol.

I need to step it up with scrounging firewood. Just had a briefing about potential future military conflicts over the weekend. China has a freaking massive military! North Korea will overrun South Korea in a hurry without quick U.S. support. China is producing knockoff military weapons and vehicles based off of other countries designs. Our technological advantages are eroding. Also, the trial for the Baltimore police officers are underway. Need to stock up on firewood just in case I have to do some extended military duty lol.

Yep, firewood, long term storage food, water filter, and homerland defense internal security tools with plenty of accessories, and make sure significant other knows how to rock and roll with all that stuff...just sayin...

I sincerely hope and pray we don't see huge war with other global big powers, nor any more internal attacks.

Yep, firewood, long term storage food, water filter, and homerland defense internal security tools with plenty of accessories, and make sure significant other knows how to rock and roll with all that stuff...just sayin...

I sincerely hope and pray we don't see huge war with other global big powers, nor any more internal attacks.

Amen on that Zog.....

Yep. Wife is totally down with buying some guns. I know the ease of acquiring weapons is part of the issue but need to be ready for anything.
Just read some articles about ISIS. Don't think they're going away anytime soon. What's weird is most civilians don't seem to care.

1214.png

Well, been awhile since I've been able to update, its been a busy couple of weeks. I was fortunate enough to shoot a little six point the day before thanksgiving. His other antler is there, he knocked it off on that log when he flopped. He's the first deer I've shot with my Marlin 336 in .35 Remington, and boy he sure didn't go far! The lady at the gunstore gave me another small buck too, her husband likes to hunt but does not eat venison. Some people are odd like that, but I'm glad for it, more for me and the pugs :rock2:

1212.png

One of my coworkers lives about 10 miles down the road from me, he didn't shoot any deer but did bag a nice 40lb bobcat! Said he heard two, but only saw this one.
1213.png

So no wood scrounging for me for the past month or so, though I'm burning through my cedar pretty quick. Two bucks' worth of venison is a good scrounge for sure though, time to go fire up the pressure canner!

Nice!!!!!!!!
I loooooove 35 calibers!!!!!

After this past season of using my 44 mag 1894 it brought a renewed enjoyment in lever actions. I might have to look into a 35 Rem.

That's 'zogger wood", Dan. You ain't gettin' desperate are ya? lol

Yup , desperate I tells ya desperate LOL
Been over a couple of months since I drug a load home :(
With the mild weather up here I've not touched my hardwood yet , only zogger wood , some 2x's and I've finally started getting some from my stacks of spruce :)
Calling for 40's to 50's for the next 7 days up here in the Great White North :)

Yep. Wife is totally down with buying some guns. I know the ease of acquiring weapons is part of the issue but need to be ready for anything.
Just read some articles about ISIS. Don't think they're going away anytime soon. What's weird is most civilians don't seem to care.

Oh, people care all right..millions. I was in a second amendment shop today, they were doing a jam up business, non stop.

FWIW, working in a all major brands warranty repair shop before, I paid attention to what *didn't* come in for repairs. Because this makes sense. Top of the list hands down because of the zillions made and out there over generations now, rem 870 pumps. Thousands of guns went through there in the time I was there, not a single 870 came in for anything other than cosmetics, different barrels, stuff like that.

Working on scrounging up some floor space in the garage. Got a few bikes hung in the rafters tonight which cleared up some more room. My fridges will be hooked up to their new power source this weekend then I'll be scrounging up some good bottled beer to fill it.

Got a new chain put on my little saw. Converted from 1/4 to 3/8 low profile and the information online was wrong so I initially bought 52 DL chains when it actually needed 50 DL.

Back