Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this one is gonna need some real work. The scoring does not look like bad gas, I think something may have come undone, which means I will have to find out what before it goes back together.

Hey, check your local saw shops, at $85/hr there are a lot of saws that are "not worth fixing". It helps if you can get to know one of them well, like being able to get them firewood when they are short on an order to a customer.

It also helps that outside of tax season, I have the time to do it. You have to go mid morning or mid afternoon on a weekday. They are just too darn busy on the weekends.

I need your luck on coming into these deals.
Let people know that you are into saws firewood and stuff will start falling into your lap.
I post some of my wood cutting and saw stuff on Facebook. Not every time like I do on here as normal people would think that anyone who cuts that much stuff is weird (that's why we are all here, right?). People want to buy wood, they ask me questions, and also offer wood for me to take. And saw stuff is the same way.

Ohhh i have a few project saws coming next week. But they are most likely DOA since they are both homeowner grade and parts are most likely NLA. One is an eager beaver and the other is an old mac. But I may get lucky the mac may only need a new fuel line and a carb cleaning or a rebuild if I can find a rebuild kit.

I would love to come into an 460, 441, 046, 044, etc stihl on the cheap that might need a little work. But around me everyone thinks there saws are worth near new or more than new price. Especially if it is a stihl. For example some monkey has a used and abused ms460 listed for $700, A ms390 for $500, MS660 for $1100. These prices are so close the new current generation saws why bother. But I like a good deal not someones used junk. But I digress.

Ohhh i have a few project saws coming next week. But they are most likely DOA since they are both homeowner grade and parts are most likely NLA. One is an eager beaver and the other is an old mac. But I may get lucky the mac may only need a new fuel line and a carb cleaning or a rebuild if I can find a rebuild kit.

I would love to come into an 460, 441, 046, 044, etc stihl on the cheap that might need a little work. But around me everyone thinks there saws are worth near new or more than new price. Especially if it is a stihl. For example some monkey has a used and abused ms460 listed for $700, A ms390 for $500, MS660 for $1100. These prices are so close the new current generation saws why bother. But I like a good deal not someones used junk. But I digress.

There have been a lot of good deals lately on 044/440s on the AS trading side, like a MMWS 044 for $500 and 10mms for $400. Not all of them have sold, search through and let me know if you want any help. I think there is still a gem or two that never sold buried in there.

Man that's a pretty bathroom. Do you rent out your hunting cabin? lol

I wonder why the butt hole washer has a plug on the bottom? Is that so you can see all the dingle berries come off before you send it down the drain?
This is the place we rent out. My hunting cabin has an outhouse lol.

The plug is supposed to allow you to run a small bath I'm assuming for "sponging" yer backside. Or you could just use the "sprinkler".

image.jpeg

Good evening folks. Called in a yote this afternoon but didn't get a shot off. Think he winded us at about 200 yards. But did have this boar come in to a distressed cottontail call. Them being omnivores I guess he was looking for a free meal:laughing:. He weighs 140 so he's going to make some good sausage. Hope y'all have a great night and sleep well. Down-Under folks hold down the fort.:givebeer:
View attachment 474738

There have been a lot of good deals lately on 044/440s on the AS trading side, like a MMWS 044 for $500 and 10mms for $400. Not all of them have sold, search through and let me know if you want any help. I think there is still a gem or two that never sold buried in there.

Those are still a little rich for me. I really dont have an excuse for another saw yet or much of a budget for it.... But I am kind of looking local for something that I can low ball someone on. Thats just how I work with used goods unless I am buying from friends and family. I am not a fan of doing that on here since I consider most here friends. A lot of times people dont know how much what they have is worth or have it way overpriced. I look for the guy that needs to unload a saw and with saws not selling its a buyers market right now.

I had to give up a little bit of wood storage space but I'd say this is a welcomed addition to the furnace room.

View attachment 474860

I'm going to build a box around it so I can stack wood next to/on top of it.
I suggest cutting a bunch of cookies off the ends of split firewood and glue em to the door. Presto, a camouflaged beverage fridge!

This is the place we rent out. My hunting cabin has an outhouse lol.

The plug is supposed to allow you to run a small bath I'm assuming for "sponging" yer backside. Or you could just use the "sprinkler".

View attachment 474847

Outhouse! Damn, that's a cold poop job right there.

I really want one now. Always thought it was disgusting how kids like to take a bath vs shower. You know they don't wipe themselves very well then sit in a tub full of water with doodoo still on them. Then they stick their heads under the water. That would also be great for a pre-hot tub clean up.

Okay, that was my last comment about pooping.

Outhouse! Damn, that's a cold poop job right there.

I really want one now. Always thought it was disgusting how kids like to take a bath vs shower. You know they don't wipe themselves very well then sit in a tub full of water with doodoo still on them. Then they stick their heads under the water. That would also be great for a pre-hot tub clean up.

Okay, that was my last comment about pooping.
Lol!

At -30 you don't bring reading material, thats for sure!!

Put a soft seat on the outhouse, will act like a hot seat as soon as your cheeks touch it. Makes a world of difference. They also hold up surprisingly well.
We would do that if we spent more time there in the winter.

At my buddy's shack they keep the seat inside and take it out with them each time. To me that's disgusting.

Latest posts

Back