Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 478389 As I stacked these rounds against the fence this summer, I thought that maybe I'd split them in the winter when I wasn't cutting. There are rounds stacked there, honest to god! I think I'm done for the season.
I don't think I've seen rounds used as a snow fence before.

Like it says in my signature, I may be slow, but I'm not stupid.
I am not opposed to signatures - but some guys have huge photo files to scroll through. You can still look up their signature in their profile (Information tab), if you want to check on which saws they have, etc.

Philbert
Big Ole Coffee with Hazelnut Creamer

Lots of stuff made of metal and plastic

Work not only to Earn, but to Learn
If your not Laughing, Learning, and Loving, your not Living
I may be slow, but I'm not stupid
Brett

There's the rest for you Philbert.
Maybe everyone should copy and paste there's on there next post, but now that I think about it you probably already read everything on AS :reading::drinkingcoffee:.

Like it says in my signature, I may be slow, but I'm not stupid.

Big Ole Coffee with Hazelnut Creamer

Lots of stuff made of metal and plastic

Work not only to Earn, but to Learn
If your not Laughing, Learning, and Loving, your not Living
I may be slow, but I'm not stupid
Brett

There's the rest for you Philbert.
Maybe everyone should copy and paste there's on there next post, but now that I think about it you probably already read everything on AS :reading::drinkingcoffee:.

"Work not only to Earn, but to Learn
If you're not Laughing, Learning, and Loving, you're not Living."
I like that.
I have always said we have a choice, growth or decay, nothing else.

View attachment 478389 As I stacked these rounds against the fence this summer, I thought that maybe I'd split them in the winter when I wasn't cutting. There are rounds stacked there, honest to god! I think I'm done for the season.

In a typical winter how deep does your ground freeze? The record depth here is 2 feet (1977) and the spring thaw was terrible. Some of the county/rock roads were unusable for a couple weeks. A 4WD truck would bury to the axles in the mud. Maybe you have much different soils or rock mixed in.

"Work not only to Earn, but to Learn
If you're not Laughing, Learning, and Loving, you're not Living."
I like that.
I have always said we have a choice, growth or decay, nothing else.
+1, and I feel thats the definition of how we do it:yes:.
I give you permission to use it if you'd like:cheers:

Ok guys finally made it out to get that tree on the trail.
Got the lower section all cut, split up, and in the wheel barrow brought it to the neighbors(it was on our property line), and he said thanks but you can have it lol.
Brought it to my other neighbor who said the same thing, I was like just take it and he said ok, crazy I'm having a hard time giving firewood away:dizzy:.
I got another wheel barrow load and a full bucket out of it, total about 4 heaping wheel barrows.
There's about 35 cuts in the long piece and it only took 8min to cut with the MS310 I'm selling, not bad for a ranch saw, but I'm sure I could have saved a minute if I would have been using a pro saw:popcorn2:
20160114_111445.jpg 20160114_124207.jpg 20160114_124235.jpg 20160114_125100.jpg

I know, it's just funny that regardless the destination, tree service wood will never be the same length twice.
When I do storm clean-up, I don't worry much about size of the pieces I make, except that they usually have a maximum length of 4 feet or so. Cut it where it is easy, or to make it more compact for dragging or stacking. If I am scrounging the same wood, that is a different story!

Philbert

Just scrounged up some chain for the big saw off amazon for cheap. That will keep me busy for awhile.

Unless I need to cut in dirty conditions I am never buying semi chisel again....seems like there is something wrong with the saw after you get used to chisel or square LOL.

Unless I need to cut in dirty conditions I am never buying semi chisel again....seems like there is something wrong with the saw after you get used to chisel or square LOL.
Unless I cannot get chain for free I am never going to buy them again.... seems like there's something wrong paying for them after you get used to getting them free LOL.
:laugh::dancing::angry::dumb2::dumb::laughing:

Back