Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I cannot get chain for free I am never going to buy them again.... seems like there's something wrong paying for them after you get used to getting them free LOL.
:laugh::dancing::angry::dumb2::dumb::laughing:
How did you like that in under a minute, my computer is still doing something with it:badpc:, I walked away and got the alert on my phone:baba:20160114_154554.jpg

Pack up all that worthless semi-chisel and/or dreaded 'safety chain' and send it to me. I promise to re-home it if still usable.

Where are you getting free chain!?

Aside from donations, and picking loops out of folks trash, I have purchased 'once-used' chain loops fairly cheap off eBay. Name brand 'Oregon' or 'Carlton' chain: if it says 'STIHL' you might end up paying more than new, once shipping is added in. For real. Some NOS stuff. Best deals on less popular sizes (e.g. .325 NK) or odd length loops - where a spinner and breaker come in handy.

Rental yards can also be a good source - some sell their 'once-used' chains. Some throw them in the trash.

Philbert

Pack up all that worthless semi-chisel and/or dreaded 'safety chain' and send it to me. I promise to re-home it if still usable.

Aside from donations, and picking loops out of folks trash, I have purchased 'once-used' chain loops fairly cheap off eBay. Name brand 'Oregon' or 'Carlton' chain: if it says 'STIHL' you might end up paying more than new, once shipping is added in. For real. Some NOS stuff. Best deals on less popular sizes (e.g. .325 NK) or odd length loops - where a spinner and breaker come in handy.

Rental yards can also be a good source - some sell their 'once-used' chains. Some throw them in the trash.

Philbert
Totally understand, I have purchased a few loops of used chain in that manner....Chipper says he gets free chain so I was wondering who his source was.

Where are you getting free chain!?
Many times I buy saws and get all sorts of goodies with them.
It's part of the added profit.
If you watch you can buy a saw just for the extras you need and still make a couple bucks selling it.
Heres an example: I sold a car to a guy and took a stihl 192t and a 353 husky as trade on top of the cash (which was more than I wanted for the car:)). The guy wanted the 192t back and gave me a bunch of stuff including the fiskars x36:chop:
Since it's what I do(buying and selling) I'm committed to it almost 100%.
It's rare that I buy something new unless I'm going to use it to work with right then and make money
Almost forgot I have that nice loop of .325 from you too.
If your not using it you might as well just send it to me lol.

Philbert
Send it to me I'll pay shipping....

After playing with the little eager beaver today, I have to say I am impressed with the little saw. I kind of want a little compact top handle saw now. I will wonder what I can find on CL. I'm looking for an orange or red saw. I can't afford to give my first born up for one of those stihls.

Finished the blocking of the triple leader sweetgum, up to the main butt end of the trunk where they diverged. All these need noodling, am *not* gonna split them. The big piece is 90cc territory..had some experience this year...

..unfortunately as I was finishing up my 346 stopped..no compression, and I didn't detect any weirdness, and it was running just great. Later it got compression back when it had cooled off some and I started it for just a second then shut it off again. On inspection, the cylinder shows some transfer and scoring, took it to my friend at the shop, he'll find the leak and then I'll finish the repair. Hopefully the ported cylinder is salvageable, if not, oh well, new OEM is now much cheaper.

Attachments

• IMG_20160114_174213.jpg
    IMG_20160114_174213.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 27
:dumb2:
Finished the blocking of the triple leader sweetgum, up to the main butt end of the trunk where they diverged. All these need noodling, am *not* gonna split them. The big piece is 90cc territory..had some experience this year...

..unfortunately as I was finishing up my 346 stopped..no compression, and I didn't detect any weirdness, and it was running just great. Later it got compression back when it had cooled off some and I started it for just a second then shut it off again. On inspection, the cylinder shows some transfer and scoring, took it to my friend at the shop, he'll find the leak and then I'll finish the repair. Hopefully the ported cylinder is salvageable, if not, oh well, new OEM is now much cheaper.
Never worked with that stuff. Will it split with a hydro unit.
Bummer about the 346, I straight gassed mine last fall :dumb2: bummer.
Where do you get the OEM's cheap, or free LOL.
I have a 353 I'd like to do.

After playing with the little eager beaver today, I have to say I am impressed with the little saw. I kind of want a little compact top handle saw now. I will wonder what I can find on CL. I'm looking for an orange or red saw. I can't afford to give my first born up for one of those stihls.
Here you go NA
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-330t.292112/#post-5717483
Right on your side of the country, you should be able to get the PA good ole boy deal:).

Latest posts

Back