Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crunch time is coming. I really need to get out in the woods and drop my spring wood before sap starts moving. No freaking clue when that is going to happen.
Way past that down here. Tulips are an inch above ground, and the trees are already budding. Of course, it's 36 degrees today. Dumb weather.

Crunch time is coming. I really need to get out in the woods and drop my spring wood before sap starts moving. No freaking clue when that is going to happen.
Kicking myself for not hauling out rather than splitting in the woods last week. It's a muddy mess back there now and they're calling for upper sixties next week! Stupid fiskars Isomaul got me off my game! Lol

Scrounged up some new 3 ft hardware....
Zoginator LOL:chainsaw:
Ayup...dang punk kids with their hayabusas been buggin me...
Geared right with your little jockey stature and all I think you can take that Busa.
I'm a Suzuki guy though(when it comes to crotch rockets) so that didn't come from me;).

It's been mild but still snow here.

Daffodils are out blooming, dandelions, spring peepers making racket, and unfortunately, more killer tornadoes over to Alabama today. This time of year is spooky.

Enjoy what ya got man, not quite bug season yet...We had maybe two or three weeks of nice winter, the rest..well, normal mud slop.

But ya never know, our storm of the century for snow was in mid march before.

hauled up some wood for the nomad_archer/farmer steve mini gtg this friday. :laugh: didn't know if we could get to the woods with this wacky weather on friday and it was decent today. some of the rounds were a bucket full by themselves. got some large zogger wood too.:chop:
View attachment 489289 View attachment 489290 View attachment 489291 the rest of you guys are invited too.:D
Calling all AS members with Huskys, FS is getting bored with his stihls and wants to run your saws "running huskies but only at GTG'S":laughing:.
Just admit it already, you want one, or do you only break out the good stuff for special occasions:chainsaw:.

I would bring some out to play, but I have some things local that I can't change. I will be a couple hrs closer over spring break though:).

View attachment 489299View attachment 489300 Had a nice tree fall in my driveway, doesn't get much easier than that. I should say the tree top fell in my driveway but the trunk in the neighbors yard. He said he likes the smaller diameter trees so he doesn't have to split and asked if I would take care of it. Happily! It will take a couple years to be ready to burn but thats fine.
Nice looking scrounge there MFL.
Nice to see another member from Mi.
Welcome to AS.

Back