Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need to get down there and do some hog huntin'. Sounds like a lot of fun. Heck people by me pay to hunt them on high fence game farms.
i'm ready NA and so is the camper. the F-250 can haul a couple thousand lbs. that's a lot of hams and sausage. :dizzy:

Johnny I hear ya man been warm and wet as hell here... That dogs is bad ass, always wanted to try that... UMC, I mean absolutely no disrespect, and I have a 8 month old daughter now, so I can appreciate it, but you do have a beautiful daughter, you are alucky man and thanks for your service,,,, my hats off sir!!!!!!!!

Don't know exactly where to put this guys...but since my fishin daughter who likes to wear'em out...Her graduation dress just cost the ol' man about $700 bucks. I asked her if a pair of Wally World Wranglers would suffice?? You can figure out real quick how long that turd in the punch bowl lasted on that thing.

She's my baby...so grown up. She's a beautiful young lady. I just want her and her older brother to be something better than me fellas... I'm just a sweat niggra trying to keep the Air Forces C-17, C-5, C-130's F-15's flyin'. I do what I can for this country...and I won't stop for nothing nor no one.

Here's a pic of the freedom and what I live for...doing my little part for this country, so my baby girl gets her chance....she's my baby girl. And I'm gonna miss her soooo much when she hits college.
View attachment 491965
Holy moly $700 for a dress. I am screwed my daughter turned 4 today. By the time she gets that old I don't wanna think what a dress will cost.

Boy do I hate compiling receipts/expenses for taxes!

I think I'm even getting a refund this year and I still don't want to have to do it!

@MustangMike you guys definitely prove your worth when it comes time to cash the refund check though.

My favorite is when someone says "I hate taxes", and I reply "That is why I'm so busy"!!!!

I figured out a long time ago that every successful business needs to have a niche. So I prepare tax returns in the client's home, with a portable computer, and I have been doing that since 1983, when no one else did that (went on my own in 1980, but prepared by hand the first 3 years). I do not advertise, my business is all word of mouth, and I have all I can keep up with. I also work evenings & week ends (7 days a week in tax season). I can't tell you how many times I ask for something, and the client runs into another room and gets it, and we FINISH.

My Dad used to make everyone come into the office. They would forget to bring something, the folder would go into the hold pile, they would promise to call the next day, and you would hear from them 3 weeks later, after you forgot what the H*** you needed! My system reduces that problem. I let the more organized folks come to me, saves me travel time.

The way I see it, I observed the problem my Dad was having, and figured out a solution that would make the client want to use me. It worked. The only problem is that working inside those two weeks in April just kills me! When the weather is bad, I don't mind so much. Hey, I guess that's why it's called work!

Mike - I've always heard that if you wait until the last minute to file your taxes, that your chances of being audited decrease significantly because the IRS has already chosen all of the auditees by that point. Any truth to that in your experience?

you can almost take this to the bank... pay ALL your taxes due by due date, and file for all extensions to file the actual return you may be legally entitled to... after that, its just a c-rap shoot! :D

there are no extensions for tax due by date, only for filing compliance...

Had a long reply typed out and lost it....
Finished the skidder.
IMG_20160312_092939288_zpsuhmbxqqs.jpg

Cut some hedge. And scored a Coke crate.
IMG_20160312_182304618_zpsckzfzery.jpg

skidder looks good. like the design, welding and bracing... :)

Hey guys got a big job I workin on, 90 trees logged all hardwood and I gettin all tops.... I got two more loads today before work, and a few pics of my wood pile....anyway I know you guys like pics so here they are...last pic is my black walnut only pile....View attachment 491655View attachment 491656

yes, these pix qualify as pix we like... lol :yes:

My favorite is when someone says "I hate taxes", and I reply "That is why I'm so busy"!!!!

I figured out a long time ago that every successful business needs to have a niche. So I prepare tax returns in the client's home, with a portable computer, and I have been doing that since 1983, when no one else did that (went on my own in 1980, but prepared by hand the first 3 years). I do not advertise, my business is all word of mouth, and I have all I can keep up with. I also work evenings & week ends (7 days a week in tax season). I can't tell you how many times I ask for something, and the client runs into another room and gets it, and we FINISH.

My Dad used to make everyone come into the office. They would forget to bring something, the folder would go into the hold pile, they would promise to call the next day, and you would hear from them 3 weeks later, after you forgot what the H*** you needed! My system reduces that problem. I let the more organized folks come to me, saves me travel time.

The way I see it, I observed the problem my Dad was having, and figured out a solution that would make the client want to use me. It worked. The only problem is that working inside those two weeks in April just kills me! When the weather is bad, I don't mind so much. Hey, I guess that's why it's called work!
That's an excellent business model, something to be damn proud of. I hope it continues to prosper for you.

Back