Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little more milling this morning, I believe this is Pig Nut Hickory. Made 4 - 2" boards 7' X 13-14". Looks like I will get another piece out of that log, and the short portion of the log (in the back of pic #3) I plan to make into 4" X 4" legs.

lookin' good! ~

you make it look so easy... just sittn' here after a day's work on my 'new' outdoor workbench, items used scrounged off the curb... making trash showroom-like, if u know what I mean... and loggerin' up with some good Buzz Martin C&W logging tunes playing in the background... woos' uncle... The Singing Logger...

my fav:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Buzz+Martin+Model+A&&view=detail&mid=720D89FD9D74876CA1FE720D89FD9D74876CA1FE&FORM=VRDGAR

image.jpeg image.jpeg Just finished a camping trip around Georgian Bay, the north channel of Huron, Superior north of Sault Ste Marie, then down through Michigan from Mackinaw through Frankenmuth, Port Huron and back across into Canada, up the west coast of Huron and home.
Didn't scrounge any wood but I burned plenty of it and then put potatoes in the coals!

View attachment 517345 View attachment 517345 Just finished a camping trip around Georgian Bay, the north channel of Huron, Superior north of Sault Ste Marie, then down through Michigan from Mackinaw through Frankenmuth, Port Huron and back across into Canada, up the west coast of Huron and home.
Didn't scrounge any wood but I burned plenty of it and then put potatoes in the coals!

imo, the ultimate spud! :)

!sweet, looking fleet of old power there steve! gotta like them old finger numb'ers and appreciate the newer hand savers... in about ten or fifteen years from now with your newer toy's the same thing will probably be said by some other young gun handling the huskies an jred saws of today....

!sweet, looking fleet of old power there steve! gotta like them old finger numb'ers and appreciate the newer hand savers... in about ten or fifteen years from now with your newer toy's the same thing will probably be said by some other young gun handling the huskies an jred saws of today....

They look nice, but I can't take using a saw w/o AV. Did it for years, but not any more. An 044 is vintage enough for me!

Yup that Mac especially lets you know it's there. I see why heimannm says the 7-10 is his favorite saw for 20 minutes a day LOL. The Super Mini has rubber AV so it isn't too bad and the EZ is fairly smooth.

"Batman in a Bathtub"

OK, so that is how Car & Driver describes this thing:

What has 173 Hp, is less than 1,800 lbs, has 3 wheels and performance between a car & a motorcycle?

It is called a Polaris Slingshot, and when one of them came up behind my Mustang yesterday, I though it had fallen out of a Sci Fi movie!

He was coming up behind me like a Bat otta H***, and I think he thought I would be easy prey, but the hidden SC under the Mustang's hood saved the day, and I was soon getting some enthusiastic "thumbs up".

Let me tell ya, these things look like they came from outer space, and they are not slow! It is a pretty cool looking vehicle if you are looking for a low cost alternative to an AC Cobra!

Search the net, you will see what I mean!

Well , the temps are still in the mid 80's up here , bleh ...
I had some logs that I saved for sawing so I figured I'd go get them .
Some of them I was able to load by hand , a couple of the others were the reason I setup the crane for .

IMG_20160801_122316.jpg

IMG_20160801_122328.jpg

IMG_20160801_125327.jpg

It worked quite well :)
Until the battery pack for the winch died :(
Had to grab the manuel backup winch and got it done :)

IMG_20160801_132054.jpg

IMG_20160801_132100.jpg

IMG_20160801_135500.jpg

I did bring a few rounds home for firewood and got them split up .

IMG_20160801_171240.jpg

I sure wish LoggerNate and his son were here , I wouldn't have needed to work that hard to load the trailer LOL
Wish we were there to help sometimes too, looks like you have way too much fun!:)

View attachment 517345 View attachment 517345 Just finished a camping trip around Georgian Bay, the north channel of Huron, Superior north of Sault Ste Marie, then down through Michigan from Mackinaw through Frankenmuth, Port Huron and back across into Canada, up the west coast of Huron and home.
Great picture!

Nate , I'm pretty sure that most of us enjoy being out doors and the views we have when we're there , I can look and be envious of some of the pics you guys put up but looking back at some of mine I realize that even between my scrublands some of the views are awesome so my office is pretty good to me , different but the same in a different light LOL
Some of my scrounging is physio therapy , some is psycho therapy and some is necessity , I'm glad that I am able to scrounge , all not being on any of my lands but the bulk only minutes from home and I let the property owner know that I am grateful to be allowed on the property every time I run into him .
I like sharing a bit of my office on this thread , Clint had a great idea , I like reading what everyone else shares about their office , one of the best threads on AS
Any of you guys are welcome to come up anytime btw , I'll supply the beer :)

Back