Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! $600 a cord PLUS delivery?

I've seen lots worse. Local stove shop has a little serve-yourself firewood bin, with wood from Vermont Firewood. Fill a little cart with at most 100 lb of wood, and leave $50 please.

Even if you assume only 3000 lb/cord, that works out to at least $1500/cord. City folk!

OTOH, I get pestered to take the larger wood from projects I volunteer on. Might have to set up a road-side kiosk. :rolleyes:

Jackpot !!

246d47338aab42088cc4952007811336.jpg

May not be big but real close to the road [emoji4]

Sure is nice to pull 'em out, to where you can process them easier, with a "skiddah" instead of by hand, ain't it Dan.;)

Clint , it really saves time walking back and forth that's for sure :)
Have to sharpen a little more often because dirt on the bark but it's not been that bad so far , I've found that cutting them up on the road does have a greater risk of finding a rock :(

You guys take it easy on ole Dancan, last winter I was filling the trunk and back seat of my Geo Prizm, yes Prizm. With red oak and ash. What EVER it takes to keep the oil man of my Arse. This year with mustan mike and my two little helpers I hope for a different story. Ill post some pics if my mac and smart phone ever decide to play nice.

It's pretty surprising what a tow strap and an ordinary car will pull out of the woods. I cut an 8' x 3/4" piece of marine plywood to fit inside my trunk and doubled the load capacity. I imagine it looked pretty odd going down the road, but those loads added up. Before you knew it you had a couple of cords piled up.

Latest posts

Back