Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not a scrounge , I thought I'd share a pic that my oldest daughter just sent me other than more snow.
This just rolled past her .

a31246be97151996cfa0467d30150976.jpg

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

G'day scroungers. My name's Greg, I'm from Australia. Some months ago I had some knee surgery that slowed me up for a while and during my convalescence I came across AS. I've read the scrounging firewood thread from the beginning and I'm currently up to page 826. I'm a bit like LondonNeil - I feel like I know everyone here having read through from the beginning, but of course, none of you have the first clue who I am. Still, I've learned some good stuff reading through here about hunting, maple syrup, firearms and the proper amount of firewood to load into a UTV (correct answer: all of it).

I've been keeping warm with firewood since 2000 and bought my first chainsaw (MS 310) in 2007. Prior to that, I cut all our wood with a bow saw, but when my favourite son arrived in 2007 and the missus was at home full-time, my right arm couldn't keep up anymore with the wood requirement. I quite enjoyed the exercise...up to a point. So then a got a saw with a motor in it and seemed to be succumbing to CAD even before I joined AS. My wife appears to find this amusing. Anyway, I thought I'd say hello. I'm going to go back and keep reading posts from July and I'll catch up with you in a week or two. In the last couple of months I've been taking some shots of scrounges, though compared to some of the pics I see here, my scrounge photography needs some work. So I'll see you soon. I've tried to put in a pic of the outlook from my woodshed today, hope it comes out.
View.jpg

G'day scroungers. My name's Greg, I'm from Australia. Some months ago I had some knee surgery that slowed me up for a while and during my convalescence I came across AS. I've read the scrounging firewood thread from the beginning and I'm currently up to page 826. I'm a bit like LondonNeil - I feel like I know everyone here having read through from the beginning, but of course, none of you have the first clue who I am. Still, I've learned some good stuff reading through here about hunting, maple syrup, firearms and the proper amount of firewood to load into a UTV (correct answer: all of it).

I've been keeping warm with firewood since 2000 and bought my first chainsaw (MS 310) in 2007. Prior to that, I cut all our wood with a bow saw, but when my favourite son arrived in 2007 and the missus was at home full-time, my right arm couldn't keep up anymore with the wood requirement. I quite enjoyed the exercise...up to a point. So then a got a saw with a motor in it and seemed to be succumbing to CAD even before I joined AS. My wife appears to find this amusing. Anyway, I thought I'd say hello. I'm going to go back and keep reading posts from July and I'll catch up with you in a week or two. In the last couple of months I've been taking some shots of scrounges, though compared to some of the pics I see here, my scrounge photography needs some work. So I'll see you soon. I've tried to put in a pic of the outlook from my woodshed today, hope it comes out.
View attachment 530151
Welcome!

Don't forget whiskey along with the guns and maple syrup side discussions. :)

Welcome to AS Cowboy. That is some view! My wife also finds it amusing. Keep reading and browsing the posts, I have learned a lot here and its just amazing what these folks will do for fellow members with nothing in common between them then the love for Saws, Wood and loud mufflers. I have seen many generous offers to help each other in many ways here, from parts donations to assisting a fellow member or their extended family when stricken by the worst of times. Looks like your gonna fit right in. I read AS posts in the morning with coffee. (Newspapers nothing but bad news)

View attachment 530151
welcome to AS @Cowboy254. you've found one of the best threads on AS.nice pic. have a great day mate.

Got saws ready last night for my scrounging adventures this weekend.

And I picked up another goody.

I'm on bingo saw fuel so I have to hit the 110 pump this morning when I run errands.

I also ordered a pferd cs-x sharpening tool yesterday.

Kinda excited to get that in my hands

Got saws ready last night for my scrounging adventures this weekend.

And I picked up another goody.

I'm on bingo saw fuel so I have to hit the 110 pump this morning when I run errands.

I also ordered a pferd cs-x sharpening tool yesterday.

Kinda excited to get that in my hands
Amazing how a picture of some saws on the floor of the garage can make you jealous. (Man i have problems) lol

IMG_0279.JPG IMG_0280.JPG Filled the last of my racks this morning. I have 10 facecord stashed under my deck. It's a good spot with the west wind keeping it dry and tin overhead. Burned a little over 5 cord last year so half of it has been stacked for 2 seasons. The goal is to keep it split a year ahead.
Happy scrounging!

Latest posts

Back