Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20161010_141513_HDR.jpg

I guess I'll stay dry today .
I did run my cordless circ saw to cut up some of the scrounged dry roadside maple Zoggerwood lol

Lol, my buddy always acts like he don't care for ash.... I am always telling him it's good wood...I won't pass it up, burns real good!!!
Yeah unless it has the yellows it is solid, good burning stuff.

I don't care for the smell of freshly cut ash but once it is down to coals it has a real nice sweet smell to it.

3b7b411df4bd38848bac894ef59aa700.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Probably thought you were going to do an Ivan Milat. Can't say I'm surprised, though. In Victoriastan you probably would have been chucked in the slammer for harming a tree. Nice set of saws, what's the one in the middle?

View attachment 523177 Took advantage of the cooler temps and got some wood stacked. 8 facecord for now and I have 2 more racks that are currently full of my selling wood. I have tin between the deck joists sloping away from the house to keep rain off. Works pretty good. I've never burned more than 8 even in the polar vortex years. So pressure is off, I can finish splitting and stacking.....or not. Lots of free wood around, I just don't need any, if I don't sell, I can sit it out for 3 years or more. I might have to noodle some rounds because I miss running the saw!
Are those Chinook Salmon?
I'm still fishing for Muskie here.
Where you located in Ontario again? Sorry I forgot.

Mountain, good to see you posting again.

I love animals, and my wife and I have volunteered numerous hours at the local Humane Society over the past several years walking dogs etc, and we currently have 2 rescue pit mixes that also get a lot of our time.

However, it is generally not a good idea to adopt any wild animal, and is often illegal. Except in very rare circumstances, I would not recommend it.
Wife and I are same with animals. We have three rescued pets right now, One Great Dane "Annie" and two cats"Aesop" and "Noel"
We've had four other cats and an American Bulldog named "Knuckles" in the past too.
All pets were rescued from shelters or rescue organizations and we've have been active in humane and animal welfare events and organizations for some time now.
Love feeding the wild deer and turkeys, as well as birds and other critters here.
Chipmunks love my woodpiles....lol.

Back