Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to scrounge up some wood related items yesterday.
First was a wood splitter about 10 min from my house,
second was the Super Jolly,
third was the creamsicle:sweet::laugh: ms290 and 4 extra chains.
Hope to have the splitter and saw sold quick to pay for the grinder, just have to see what happens though.20160303_213844.jpg20160303_220230.jpg

Going to be too muddy in the bush for awhile so I need to find something else to keep me busy. Thinking I could use a 3 pth grapple for pulling logs and tops. My front mount one is just too heavy for my tractor and not much good for unloading logs. Got the wooden templates made today, start on the steel tomorrow. Going to take awhile to build it. I keep 2nd guessing myself as to how to do the jaws. My other one has 2 cylinders but some online have only 1 cylinder. Throat will open about 40" which should be lots for all I want to do. Any wider and it means the whole thing has to be higher which raises my tipover point higher than I want. Also puts more stress on my 3 pth arms. I don't plan to move brush with it and my biggest logs are 24" any bigger and I would just chain them anyway. Too heavy and too much chance of breaking 3pth arms AGAIN. I hope it rains all weekend, I hate working in the shop when it's nice out.
View attachment 489949 View attachment 489950
Looks great cantoo.
I sure hope that wood is tempered for that application :D.
I was thinking about you yesterday when I bought the splitter I was talking about in my last post as I bought it about a mile north of Bruce Doll's house:yes:.
Good luck getting the grapple done this weekend.

IMG_20160304_163941921_zpst8lgs5pz.jpg

IMG_20160304_163948694_zpswzqv00hx.jpg

IMG_20160304_163955255_zpsiplmxwd0.jpg
need some ID on a couple sticks in my scrounge pile. Very wet and stringy. Red/Slippery Elm, Black Walnut ? The bark had been knocked down a little and that's white paint, not growth.

So, I did the tax return at the house with the big Oak I took down last year. He wants me to drop 2 more in the Spring.

Here is a shot from his deck, the wood is looking good!
Give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's and to Mike what is Mike's:chainsaw::chop::blob2:.
Great score mike.
Looks like creamsicle heaven there:sweet:.

Latest posts

Back