Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this thread. Howdy everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Welcome mortal, both to AS and the scrounge thread:hi:.

5da96f22f515824b256de89d16427f09.jpg

I have a few saws. I also cut split and sell firewood.

9661991033e3941d9410a82a93cf48c3.jpg

I also work on a tree companies chainsaws when they need fixing.

I'm a mechanical designer by day. Married have children. Drink beer. Pretty 'merican.

Yep.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Great looking saws and nice wood piles as well :yes:.

My project was interrupted first by rain (it was a nice day so I was set up on the deck) then by family duties. But by lunch time tomorrow we should have a complete Mac!

View attachment 500013
Looks like fun svk.
I like the window at the bench, that's a solid you suck deal.
My bench is in the basement, and just like you no tailgate on the suburban:(.

View attachment 499839 "Little" pine tree behind our house. Not going to cut it but thought you guys might like to see it.View attachment 499840

yeah, that's fine one! I like it. I have one similar in my side yard, not out at the farm, but here in town. really! TALL! can anyone say...tall? it started to thicken in trunk girth in the top area... and from ground quite noticeable. said to me... "i am getting top heavy!'... hmm... so had arborist rope on up and take out the offending deadbeats... ha, I mean deadweights... as were quite alive. now sev years later... tree happy. me happy :) and all seem hunky-dory up there... tree looks good and continues to 'shine on!' yes, tall... ;)

there was a lot of weight up there...

View attachment 499860Here is all 18 hp with a bucket full of btu's. View attachment 499861 Approx 26 hp if you count the saws. Lol. Cloudy day gave way to a pretty evening, cool wind made for perfect cutting weather. 1/4 turn of the screwdriver got the 365 running pretty sweet (starts easier too) and cut a fair bit with the old homie. This stupid thing amazes me with the torque. It's not that much slower than the husky, just different. It lugs and growls and big ole corn chips come out where the husky is all about chain speed.

dang! nice diesel tractor... looks like 180 hp to me... ;)

yeah, that's fine one! I like it. I have one similar in my side yard, not out at the farm, but here in town. really! TALL! can anyone say...tall? it started to thicken in trunk girth in the top area... and from ground quite noticeable. said to me... "i am getting top heavy!'... hmm... so had arborist rope on up and take out the offending deadbeats... ha, I mean deadweights... as were quite alive. now sev years later... tree happy. me happy :) and all seem hunky-dory up there... tree looks good and continues to 'shine on!' yes, tall... ;)

there was a lot of weight up there...
Sounds like a nice one, have any pics?

Went out today to finish moving the piles , what a beautiful morning it was :)
We got a couple of loads over to the pit and I brought one home :)
I'm beat , I'll get some more pics tomorrow , here's a couple for now .

IMG_20160423_134246.jpg

IMG_20160423_170521.jpg

IMG_20160423_141758.jpg

cool pix, man!!! where were you at to take these?.... Sawmill City!! lol... shore a lot of wood...

Still need to install carb and get a couple of fasteners from the hardware store as the different saws apparently used different sized/length screws to accomplish the same thing. But it's starting to look like a saw.

View attachment 500067
Saw is looking good.
Hope that's not the living room, kinda messy lol.

I was thinking of all you guys on the way home from church today, found another possible scrounge. Scoped it out a bit and then headed for the house. On the main drag I saw a nice piece of cherry all split and ready to burn this fall, I almost stopped, if it would have been oak or locust, I probably would have. Yes I'm becoming a bit snobby in my scrounging.
I feel that is a great place to be though.
Monday I may be getting a load of mainly cherry and walnut dropped right on my trailer. If not I'll go get some more from the golf course. I have at least 3 more rounds about +30" across then I will have access to back up to some smaller stuff.

I have a bunch of nice sized pine there I'm debating grabbing up for cheap boiler wood loads. Someone seems to always want the cheapest thing you have. Seems i could make the same amount on it as hard wood since it is so much faster to process. I could just throw a few pieces of it on when I have loads that are a little short of a full trailer.
Any thoughts/advice on that.

Back