Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get a nice load out of the trees at my buddies house today.
Almost all of this load is ready to burn, some will just need to be split:).
I still have at least load a good bit bigger, and there is a good chance I will need to come back for a third. I also have 5 more smaller trees to drop yet.

With the help of the kids the area I was hoping to get cleaned up, most everything was taken care of.

I should have it all on the pile tomorrow, that is if the rain svk is sending isn't to bad:hi:.20160511_204104.jpg20160511_204157.jpg

Attachments

• 20160511_204059.jpg
    20160511_204059.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 6
Much of the state is getting very much needed rain today. Hope it keeps up so I can fire up the pit this weekend.

Last Friday we had highs in the mid 90's. This weekend we have an expected low of 26 with a chance of snow.

>This weekend we have an expected low of 26 with a chance of snow

26! wow... :cold: we r just under 90F! days... no chance of snow! if it snows, hope u post up some snow pix... :)

Still no wood from the tree guys. They keep sending emails out about possible deliveries. I don't think I'll ever see a dump truck of logs from them.
Call some other tree companies from just outside you area and let them know you have a spot to dump.
It's cheaper for them to dump close to where they are working than to drive to their spots in the area's they normally work or even to take it back to the shop.
When you call ask if the sell firewood, if they don't they will be more likely to drop some for you.
Just know this, when it comes it will be raining down more wood that you will be able to handle and you better have a large saw to take care of it all.
Also take care of the driver as he will have some say in what happens and many times is one of the partners or is the boss.

Well guys the job isn't going as planned.
I'll be back later.View attachment 502689
Here' the story, thought it was kind of funny, this tree came down in the road I went down to go to my buddies to cut down the trees.
The van crushed in the picture was a good friend of theirs, small world.
The picture I posted earlier was taken by the minister of our church as he was going into ada for a meeting.
da-cascade/large-tree-falls-on-top-of-car-in-ada/185459503

Today I got all the trees cut up that I had dropped, and most all the branches cleaned up as well.
I only have 4 smaller trees leaning over a shed(natural fall would take them onto the shed:(, they will take a bit of rigging to get down without any damage it is the neighbors shed also.
They can be seen just above the front corner of the white shed in this picture.
View attachment 502698

Latest posts

Back