Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the 029/039 super is back together. I'm afraid to start it. might find something wrong and I don't want to dig into that cinder block again. I got better saws then that clunker.
Next project is rebuild a Husky 350, got two, so plenty of parts.
What beaver dam ? After Trapper Steve took out four and a freshet took out the dam, no more beaver pond, just the mess left behind.
Love your dog Nate, the load inspector, we have one of them, can't use the "T" word (truck) or the "R" word (ride) in front of him, sets him off. But I think he's learning to spell.
Wx here had been good, need rain, but my get up and go had gotten up and went, Just can't get started and the wood pile waits.
Going to see Dr Bill tomorrow to see about a new heart valve. I wonder if maybe Motor Medic or Marvel Mystery Oil can help, can't hurt to ask.
CUL, FREDM

IMG_20160626_172355.jpg

Scrounged up spruce behind a piece of scrounged up pine .
My self releasing snatchblock that Ronco found me a great deal on , it got delivered via Cantdog with some Ballantine and the book "A Great and Noble Scheme" from Stihl041s and my 5lbs Norlund splitting axe on the right that I gave to Pioneerguy600 .
Hey Clint !!!!
That XXX stuff is good drinkin stuff :)

Good to see you fellers still scroungin'. I don't know how you guy's do it in the heat some of you are having. Been nice up here, highs in the 70's and 40's at night. No humidity and and a cool breeze out of Canada. We are in a drought, so the black flies have just about disappeared up on the "hill" and the tree's are skiddin' out to the landing easy. Don't get much better than this summer.

well, u can be sure I am NOT out there cuttin' the big stuff down here! ;) calling for 98F here on 4th of July! i still have my daily campfires... :yes: had one today, but that heavy work... tuff at best even in cool f night. don't ask me how i know...

40's at night??? ahhh - h! :)

Well as I stated above I've added a bit more wood to the pile and a couple more saws to the current collection . Here's the load of wood I got. I had the 2152 I picked up last week doing a bit of work, as well as the new ms360 tearing through a log or two. The little 2145 jred that I got is getting a little work done to it before coming back up this way.tree was at a buddies house and had fallen down last fall I think. The guy who said he waa taking it couldn't so I was the next guy in line, and the only one in line.
The tree on the ground is about 40' of ash that had rotted a bit and came over in a storm, alao taking down the hung up cherry.20160622_173229.jpg20160623_113420.jpg20160623_125344.jpg

Well as I stated above I've added a bit more wood to the pile and a couple more saws to the current collection . Here's the load of wood I got. I had the 2152 I picked up last week doing a bit of work, as well as the new ms360 tearing through a log or two. The little 2145 jred that I got is getting a little work done to it before coming back up this way.tree was at a buddies house and had fallen down last fall I think. The guy who said he waa taking it couldn't so I was the next guy in line, and the only one in line.
The tree on the ground is about 40' of ash that had rotted a bit and came over in a storm, alao taking down the hung up cherry.View attachment 510417View attachment 510419View attachment 510421

eeek :eek:

a low tire!

lol j/k.....

good pix! quite a load...

Nice! Did you climb and tie it off to make sure it went the right way? Lol
Yes, just like you always do Nate LOL.

The removal today I will be using my tractor and the skidding winch.
Half of it is over a garage roof and I will be using a hand pole saw to trim away one larger branch over the roof.
Then cutting the main stem above the height of the roof so I don't take out the neighbors pool.
The main issue with this one will be that it is a red mulberry tree and it is full of fruit and it makes a nasty mess all over anything it touches, this is the reason they want it out, it is making one heck of a mess.
Hopefully all will go well, and I can get some good pictures:).
I will not be scrounging the wood as the homeowner wants it for their wood burner.

I am headed to Michigan in a couple weeks....
If you come while we are here, you guys can stop on by, well even if we aren't :laugh:.
Feel free to send me a PM and we can make it happen, we are half hr east of GR, c'mon over.
Plenty of wood around, saws to run, and splitters to use;).
Then we have the other activities such as:drinkingcoffee: ,:barbecue:,:cheers:,:blob2:(bonfire if we get rain),:happy:.
And if you have your boys I can go pick up my Honda Foreman for them to run around on.
We would love to have you all over.
Or are you coming to get the 346:chainsaw:, for the same price I will be selling my 550xp if I don't sell the ms360 first.

eeek :eek:

a low tire!

lol j/k.....

good pix! quite a load...
Great eyes BL, I know you are always noticing how I load the trailer and balance the load out and such :numberone:.
Very low, that was a crazy story.
I felt like :dumb: as I ran out the door and left early so I could beat the warm weather, well I did beat the weather, but when I left I did not do my walk around. Having driven truck it's a good habit I developed, but I had just repaired that tire the week before and had been watching it like a hawk for the las few days with no pressure loss so it was not on my mind I guess. I knew it was low after I got to the site and started to load the trailer down. Then I had to call my wife to bring the portable air tank out, no problem right, wrong I was 20 minutes away and she wasn't at the house. About 40 minutes after talking her through getting the compressor on and airing up the tank (you never know how much it takes til you have to explain it all LOL). So she pulls the tank out of the car and when she does she hit the pressure relief and I here sssssssssssssssssssh, I'm like NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO, and she got it to stop. Wow that would have been a bummer, walk it over to the trailer, no air chuck o_O, are you kidding me. The gas station is only two miles away I probably could have made it in the amount of time it was going to take to go get it:(. So I send her back to the house to get it and then I was like wait, and looked in my toolbox top, hello got one :happybanana:.
Didn't want to put all that in the other post, but now you have" the rest of the story" :yes:.

Great eyes BL, I know you are always noticing how I load the trailer and balance the load out and such :numberone:.
I felt like :dumb: as I ran out the door and left early so I could beat the warm weather, well I did beat the weather, but when I left I did not do my walk around. Having driven truck it's a good habit I developed, but I had just repaired that tire the week before and had been watching it like a hawk for the las few days with no pressure loss so it was not on my mind I guess. I knew it was low after I got to the site and started to load the trailer down. Then I had to call my wife to bring the portable air tank out, no problem right, wrong I was 20 minutes away and she wasn't at the house. About 40 minutes after talking her through getting the compressor on and airing up the tank (you never know how much it takes til you have to explain it all LOL). So she pulls the tank out of the car and when she does she hit the pressure relief and I here sssssssssssssssssssh, I'm like NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO, and she got it to stop. Wow that would have been a bummer, walk it over to the trailer, no air chuck o_O, are you kidding me. The gas station is only two miles away I probably could have made it in the amount of time it was going to take to go get it:(. So I send her back to the house to get it and then I was like wait, and looked in my toolbox top, hello got one :happybanana:.
Didn't want to put all that in the other post, but now you have" the rest of the story" :yes:.
Love it when a plan comes together:rock2::happy::cheers:

If you come while we are here, you guys can stop on by, well even if we aren't :laugh:.
Feel free to send me a PM and we can make it happen, we are half hr east of GR, c'mon over.
Plenty of wood around, saws to run, and splitters to use;).
Then we have the other activities such as:drinkingcoffee: ,:barbecue:,:cheers:,:blob2:(bonfire if we get rain),:happy:.
And if you have your boys I can go pick up my Honda Foreman for them to run around on.
We would love to have you all over.
Or are you coming to get the 346:chainsaw:, for the same price I will be selling my 550xp if I don't sell the ms360 first.

can't beat that!!! lol

Big sky's up here today :)
Since winter is just around the corner I figured I'd better get some wood hauled roadside for pickup at a later date .

IMG_20160626_105645.jpg

IMG_20160626_112819.jpg

IMG_20160626_105636.jpg

Sugar maple and a stick of birch in one pile , 3 pine and a black spruce in the other .
Did you get a new tractor? I thought you had a 2x4 tractor....?

i:)

least you think I just 'popped' a Like to your post and moved on... lol, know I read it all! gosh, what a swell wife! not too many would bring the 'hubbie' an air compressor... [don't 'axe' me how I know; lol!] but oh no! such irony... such irony. all that and hits release valve. eek. all the precious air. I mean, how many women... would know now to stop the loss?...

well, now u know how I felt when my xMark R front tire goes flat and I think it's due to a thorn or?... and ends up being a failed valve stem that BLOWS out completely in half... whence I get it aired up. glad I was off it's centerline for 'firing off!'... da*mn, guess I better 'listen' to them safety vids better about airing up. glad it dint hit me. but it sure did surprise me. but it serviced well enuff even with -0- air in it.. due to design. as for your SO helping you out... hope you ... well I know u did!!!

I mean said thanks honey, with a bit of honey... :) you know... like kiss on cheek and BIG :) or two... :):D:); "honey, you are :numberone:!

ps: chippster - have you ever considered one of those car bat/compressors... kind that plugs into cig or aux in car? I have one. filled a tractor tire back up more than once. well, twice! lol... for your work... I would, if it was my rig... solder in an extention... and run direct off the bat. ie, maybe even connect ur jumpers, run along truck... and with modified ends to cig compressor connect to ends of jumpers... and then connect mini-compressor to tire. I had to use mine when my lil 110-v unit at farm tossed out the rod bearning. : ( oh well, replaced it with a nice big comml unit... :D

cool tale! thanks for sharing... who would have thought... guess I got an eye for the details. I don't miss much... proob due to many, many aircraft preflights... jets, twins, floatplanes and the fun light stuff... it is either air-worthy or it is not! no in betweens... ;)

Back