Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was talking to a local firewood co that moves lots of wood and takes in scrap, stumps. I asked them about ends, knots or what ever they call firewood not good enough to sell. They said they could sell it at $50 per cord delivered. I said heck yea. :) It is a full dump truck of ends , all hardwood.

Attachments

• firewood ends 002.JPG
    firewood ends 002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
It's a muley, it had a fawn with it too
View attachment 511518

great pix! at first i thot it was about the dead trees, a scrounge. but about the deer. never, ever see too many deer pix. :) we have them in the country... I often stop just to watch them. other day I had gotten up and looked outside front door window. hmm, a dog? or a coyote? no, they are lighter... then it mozied on... a young deer... moved down the fence line, then into some brush to rest and get out of shade, no doubt. i enjoyed seeing it. one of the most interesting deer vids I have ever seen is Touching The Wild: Living With The Mule Deer.

https://www.amazon.com/Touching-Wil...76610-8590546?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Finally took a pic of the Hard Maple Wheelbarrow handles that is small enough to post!

Also did a little cutting today with my 026 Lightning Limber! (Worked a little bit on the tops of the Oak and 2 Hickory, very, very hot!)

Attachments

• IMG_20160706_182522557_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160706_182522557_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 39
Too hot for wood this week. I got enough split, I can relax for a couple years if I don't sell any. Lol. Right now I'm busy scrounging up all my rough camping gear for an interior father/son camping/fishing trip on the French River. Weekend after next, I'm stoked!

Too hot for wood this week. I got enough split, I can relax for a couple years if I don't sell any. Lol. Right now I'm busy scrounging up all my rough camping gear for an interior father/son camping/fishing trip on the French River. Weekend after next, I'm stoked!

I wish I could sit it out during the hot weather but time off = cut and split. Darn horse fly's are out in record numbers I think, I had to spray down every couple of hours or so. Last night I ate a ton of garlic and I'll do it for lunch. Anything has to help. I put out a trap baited with an old hot dog yesterday. This is going to help I hope, fund it on youtube

Hey 257: Nice load of uglies, have fun splitting, hope you have a hydro.
A BTU is a BTU. Them chunks burn great but hard to sack.
Survived the peek into my heart, Doc went into the artery at the wrist, everything is OK except the valve. sched. for a IMR/Cat to check rest of the body for blockage then the new valve.
Had a great time with the Docs and nurses/staff at Yale NH. Good folk and lotta laffs.
For breakfast I ordered, Bacon or sausage, two over easy, a short stack and rye toast buttered, black coffee.
I got a cold tuna sandwich, cup of fruit salad and a bottle of water.
I'm on lite duty, NO FIRE-WOODING.
Just have to rebuild the Husky 350, the new piston came in yesterday.

CUL, FREDM, oxford

Well I got around to cutting up some big elm pieces.... Hit metal with my ms461 with a brand new 25" bar and chain... Got pissed so I got my old ms290 with a 20" bar out.... I have a junk modified safety chain on it and that's what I use in wood that has metal in it..... Anyway she ran great, I bucked up and noodled huge pieces with her and she didn't skip a beat....maybe she was trying to impress me since she dont get used much anymore LMAO....image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Well here is my next scrounge.... Finally got permission to get into this patch, tops and whatever loggers didn't take... A lot of hardwood here.... I don't get close to getting pics of all of it....... A lot of red and white oak and some hickory and ash too... Hopefully with this and my other walnut patch I will be set for a few years.... Let alone what I got right now!!!!

Always have to be thinking about were I can get wood in the future!!!!!

Finally took a pic of the Hard Maple Wheelbarrow handles that is small enough to post!

Also did a little cutting today with my 026 Lightning Limber! (Worked a little bit on the tops of the Oak and 2 Hickory, very, very hot!)

good wheelbarrows! I have a 10 cu ft dual wheel rig, same brand. sure hauls a lot of stuff... ie wood. :) 026 Lightning Limber? - have u posted any pix of it....?

sounds great! the trip... be sure to scrounge up some wood for them camp... campfires and maybe outdoor cooking so u can post them up for all the see and enjoy... I bet I am not the only one who would like to see your 'camping trip pix' ! :)

yes, too hot for wood this week and almost everything else, too... outside. hard to imagine too hot in Canada! lol... definitely too hot down here near the Mexican border and compared to you... anything south of Kansas.... is near the Mexican border.... :laughing:

:D

Hey 257: Nice load of uglies, have fun splitting, hope you have a hydro.
A BTU is a BTU. Them chunks burn great but hard to sack.
Survived the peek into my heart, Doc went into the artery at the wrist, everything is OK except the valve. sched. for a IMR/Cat to check rest of the body for blockage then the new valve.
Had a great time with the Docs and nurses/staff at Yale NH. Good folk and lotta laffs.
For breakfast I ordered, Bacon or sausage, two over easy, a short stack and rye toast buttered, black coffee.
I got a cold tuna sandwich, cup of fruit salad and a bottle of water.
I'm on lite duty, NO FIRE-WOODING.
Just have to rebuild the Husky 350, the new piston came in yesterday.

CUL, FREDM, oxford

wudpirat hope you get back out there soon. Tell your doctor about the benefits of vitamin B {bacon}. I do have a homemade splitter to help out. With a wood boiler I can be less fussy than with my wood stove

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back