Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got around to cutting up some big elm pieces.... Hit metal with my ms461 with a brand new 25" bar and chain... Got pissed so I got my old ms290 with a 20" bar out.... I have a junk modified safety chain on it and that's what I use in wood that has metal in it..... Anyway she ran great, I bucked up and noodled huge pieces with her and she didn't skip a beat....maybe she was trying to impress me since she dont get used much anymore LMAO....View attachment 512022View attachment 512023

:eek:

Yesterday was hot but I went lot clearing anyway. Forgot to take pics of all the birch we got but we cut about a dozen trees 10 to 15" across for firewood. I'm going back later for more cedar posts. Then the excavator will come in and take most of the rest down. Hate to see good wood go to a burn pile but just isn't enough time to get it all. There are wooden garbage bins from cottagers in front of the lots. The local racoons have been treating it like a Walmart for years. Bush is full of garbage.
IMG_20160706_061907.jpg IMG_20160706_082315.jpg IMG_20160706_083436.jpg

Yesterday was hot but I went lot clearing anyway. Forgot to take pics of all the birch we got but we cut about a dozen trees 10 to 15" across for firewood. I'm going back later for more cedar posts. Then the excavator will come in and take most of the rest down. Hate to see good wood go to a burn pile but just isn't enough time to get it all. There are wooden garbage bins from cottagers in front of the lots. The local racoons have been treating it like a Walmart for years. Bush is full of garbage.
View attachment 512137 View attachment 512139 View attachment 512140

I like that square cab on the L35. is that owner built? or a Kubota item?....

if it was mine, I would want to run it down a railroad trax... cars behind and the bucket to move the cows off the trax... lol... nice rig!

looks like an easy load, I like easy loads to do and pull... :)

Backyard, if I can't buy it at auction then I build it. I built that cab a few years ago. Made for logging, the uprights and roof are strong enough to stop widow makers from spoiling my day. Custom cut hardened glass for the windows. They don't make a factory cab for the L35.

View attachment 512024 View attachment 512025 View attachment 512026

Well here is my next scrounge.... Finally got permission to get into this patch, tops and whatever loggers didn't take... A lot of hardwood here.... I don't get close to getting pics of all of it....... A lot of red and white oak and some hickory and ash too... Hopefully with this and my other walnut patch I will be set for a few years.... Let alone what I got right now!!!!

Always have to be thinking about were I can get wood in the future!!!!![/QUOTE

Nice wood, Looks like tick and chigger season there to me! Spray a little diesel fuel on the shoes and will cure the the chigger and tic problem!

View attachment 512024 View attachment 512025 View attachment 512026

Well here is my next scrounge.... Finally got permission to get into this patch, tops and whatever loggers didn't take... A lot of hardwood here.... I don't get close to getting pics of all of it....... A lot of red and white oak and some hickory and ash too... Hopefully with this and my other walnut patch I will be set for a few years.... Let alone what I got right now!!!!

Always have to be thinking about were I can get wood in the future!!!!!
That looks like a giant version of pick up sticks. Great score and be safe while cutting in that tangled mess.

Backyard, if I can't buy it at auction then I build it. I built that cab a few years ago. Made for logging, the uprights and roof are strong enough to stop widow makers from spoiling my day. Custom cut hardened glass for the windows. They don't make a factory cab for the L35.

you done good! I like that u finished it off to match colors.... :numberone:

:clap:

amberg sed and it got lost in the quote 16527: Nice wood, Looks like tick and chigger season there to me! Spray a little diesel fuel on the shoes and will cure the the chigger and tic problem!

I din know that! :)

Always worked here, The little critters hate the smell of diesel fuel Or you can wear rubber boots, which is hotter than hell!!

( Diesel fuel ) always best!

Always worked here, The little critters hate the smell of diesel fuel Or you can wear rubber boots, which is hotter than hell!!

( Diesel fuel ) always best!

I usually wear just that... lived in England and all the farmers wore Wellingtons... so mine are my Wellingtons... you r right, they can get hot...

View attachment 512137 View attachment 512139 View attachment 512140

I hate trash all over like that. Some people have no respect for nature. Too bad you couldn't find out where they live and dump it in the yard or in their vehicle. Nice tractor by they way, I have the L 3800 and yes it has helped knock down a few hangers.

Thanks for the get well wishes.
This lite duty sucks, 10lb weight limit, don't bend arm at the wrist, no push or pulling.
Of course I follow the instructions, to the letter. ;)
Ever try to drink without bending your arm?
Duz a Husky 350 PHO weigh more than 10lb ? I didn't think so.

CUL

I dropped a medium size Black Birch today (about 18") and a small Hard Maple (that was leaning the wrong way and had to be tied & pulled). Since I was working close to houses, I tied both trees. I don't ever trust the wind when I'm near a house!

Gave both 044#1 (with a 28" light bar) and my little 026 (16" bar) a workout. They make a good team!

Took 5 pics, but they are all too big to post, Sorry!

Thanks for the get well wishes.
This lite duty sucks, 10lb weight limit, don't bend arm at the wrist, no push or pulling.
Of course I follow the instructions, to the letter. ;)
Ever try to drink without bending your arm?
Duz a Husky 350 PHO weigh more than 10lb ? I didn't think so.

CUL
They have to tell you this just to cover their arse. Just use common sense and don't go nuts. And above all don't get caught doing it:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back