Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought was to file the blade, but in the rare instance the coil was bad I wouldn't have an option to return.

So I need to drive 20 minutes to the hardware store for a 5 cent part LOL

And yes, she is a greasy mess. I will clean that out but wanted to get it running before I start messing around. I bought the saw knowing it had ignition issues so I haven't seen it run yet.

On the good side, after my trailer and saw repair attempts were foiled I biked my daughters to the park and then to DQ so it was a good night.
I hear that svk.
I always try to make it a point to mix business and pleasure, it's foolish not to, besides the tax breaks are great on a family vacation lol. I just delivered that minty 346 to a member who lives 35 min from my inlaws. I said honey pack the kids we are taking a road trip:D, works for me and the wife, inlaws, and the guy I sold the saw to said I'm :numberone:.
Glad you got to spend the time with the kids and got the connector is what I'm saying:).
I took 6-8oz of pure nastiness out of this beast. I normally clean them up good when I get them and then keep them blown out, it never got the initial cleaning and it was just used and abused and never blown out:surprised3:. I love this little saw, think I will get a 241 some time soon, just because :chainsaw:.20160607_125619.jpg20160607_182524.jpg20160607_183450.jpg

I hear that svk.
I always try to make it a point to mix business and pleasure, it's foolish not to, besides the tax breaks are great on a family vacation lol. I just delivered that minty 346 to a member who lives 35 min from my inlaws. I said honey pack the kids we are taking a road trip:D, works for me and the wife, inlaws, and the guy I sold the saw to said I'm :numberone:.
Glad you got to spend the time with the kids and got the connector is what I'm saying:).
I took 6-8oz of pure nastiness out of this beast. I normally clean them up good when I get them and then keep them blown out, it never got the initial cleaning and it was just used and abused and never blown out:surprised3:. I love this little saw, think I will get a 241 some time soon, just because :chainsaw:.View attachment 516249View attachment 516250View attachment 516251
What method did you use to de-gunk? seems there is no easy way!

Ask and ye shall receive!!

Got this today I believe it is some kind of maple. It was lying in the road this morning on the way to work. I drug it out of the way for traffic to pass. Decided to knock on the door and ask to cut it upon the way home(really just to play with my saws) :)
he was very elderly and agreed since he couldn't do it himself. He also didn't appear to have much money so a tree company was out if the question. Ended up putting down the whole tree for him. I also transported the wood home in many trips with my Ford focus[emoji57]uploadfromtaptalk1469749004553.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469749017575.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And in today's episode of "you will not get anything done tonight", I'm sitting at the Vet because my cat's respiratory infection (for which I had booked an appointment for Tuesday) had gotten significantly worse today and I didn't feel comfortable waiting until next week to get him checked on.

Still wanting to mow before dark. Time will tell.

Can anyone tell by the bark what kind of wood it is? It was quite heavyView attachment 516329

Hey Mitch.
It's silver maple like cantoo said.
I am surprised you said it was heavy. It is a hardwood, but not a very heavy one for here in michigan.
I call any decent dead standing wood snob wood. The only snob wood I won't keep for myself is ash, because it's not snobby enough LOL.
My personal favorites are 1st white oak, black locust, and then red oak.

So did you get a new car, or did you fix that one?

Hey Mitch.
It's silver maple like cantoo said.
I am surprised you said it was heavy. It is a hardwood, but not a very heavy one for here in michigan.
I call any decent dead standing wood snob wood. The only snob wood I won't keep for myself is ash, because it's not snobby enough LOL.
My personal favorites are 1st white oak, black locust, and then red oak.

So did you get a new car, or did you fix that one?
Unbelievable they fixed it.
It is now being treated as a beater. I'm looking into a truck since work pays my fuel.
It seemed a bit green still so I'm guessing that's where the weight came from.
I'm just happy to help someone out and use my saws at the same time[emoji16]

What method did you use to de-gunk? seems there is no easy way!
Lots of compressed air, then wipe all the crap off my bald head with a towel, then more compressed air(it takes a lot of time to do it the first time). Sometimes I use wd40, but I do that right when I get a saw, not when I'm going to sell it. I want people to see what they will be getting not a pig with lipstick on:surprised3:.
After attending the saw races this week it is apparent I "need" a 346 OE and a strong 70 CC saw to complement my fleet. :)
As Mitch was just saying, ask, and well here are a few options.
I figured by now you'd know better than say that to me, no excuses now :laugh:.
You mean like this. Why would you want the oe over the ne?20160721_201643.jpgHope the 441c-m will do, I sold the 460 this weekend. It didn't take much cleaning for this one to look pretty.
Mitch has first dibs on it though;).
20160528_125750.jpg20160528_124711.jpg

chipster, maybe you can go over and get it for me... I will then get up there ASAP ok?.... :laughing:
Where are you BL?
@Logger nate and his boy met me up there and wee loaded a few rounds on my trailer, I told them this is hard wood guys don't put to much on.
I even brought my mower since you said you would like to see it:).
I don't see that van thumping down the blvd, where are you BL:laughing:.20160728_175830.jpg Since you didn't show we just left, can't hang out wait forever :hi:.
Just stop by the house, most of it will go in the log pile anyway I'll load you right up:yes:20160728_203130.jpg

:numberone:
Where are you BL?
@Logger nate and his boy met me up there and wee loaded a few rounds on my trailer, I told them this is hard wood guys don't put to much on.
I don't see that van thumping down the blvd, where are you BL:laughing:.View attachment 516347 Since you didn't show we just left, can't hang out wait forever :hi:.
Just stop by the house, most of it will go in the log pile anyway I'll load you right up:yes:View attachment 516348

cute chipster!, u never tell me u r going, then act like I took a detour over to amberg's..... gzzz... whatza guy! I brot mine too, as a logger's prime mover... thot we might get in a drag race or two...best 2 out of 3... don't sweat the nitrous button and bottle chipster, they are empty... ! :laughing:

:givebeer:

"two xMarks coming to the line now... one is staged, now the other... now both... R lane, one from N L lane, one from S.... one inches... lites set, one is deep..."

"both are staged... tree is dropping... its GREEN and they are off..., 2 good launches!! "

"L lane from the S flies down the quarter... one hand on the steering bars, the other in the air... :rock:"

"R lane looks to be stuck in taffy, although engine roaring... S has literally flown by him... and R lane has look on face as to say:

:wtf:...."

L lane stops the clocks at 11.67.... et and is :numberone: WINNER!!

all the AS guys who came to watch are applauding the winner from the S! L lane takes the win this round... best 2 out of 3, and L lane has 2 wins!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

next round and we have pulling up into the bleach box a custom built .....

Lots of compressed air, then wipe all the crap of my bald head with a towel, then more compressed air(it takes a lot of time to do it the first time). Sometimes I use wd40, but I do that right when I get a saw, not when I'm going to sell it. I want people to see what they will be getting not a pig with lipstick on:surprised3:.
As Mitch was just saying, ask, and well here are a few options.
I figured by now you'd know better than say that to me, no excuses now :laugh:.
You mean like this. Why would you want the oe over the ne?View attachment 516342Hope the 441c-m will do, I sold the 460 this weekend. It didn't take much cleaning for this one to look pretty.
Mitch has first dibs on it though;).
View attachment 516343View attachment 516344
The OE gets to compete in the 45cc and under class. In the stock class nothing else stands a chance.

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:
Where are you BL?
I don't see that van thumping down the blvd, where are you BL:laughing:.View attachment 516347 Since you didn't show we just left, can't hang out wait forever :hi:.
Just stop by the house, most of it will go in the log pile anyway I'll load you right up:yes:View attachment 516348
Nice load!;)

Back