Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well fellas I'm heading south today. Going to spend the winter in Florida. Have already arranged a spot to cut with a local tree service. I think I have 7 runners and a bunch of project saws in the car along with me and the cat.

Have a good time! Holler if you need me to post the -30 temp pics and the icy roads and the piles of snow.

MMike: I think you made the right ID on that old Oak tree. I looks like a Chestnut Oak to me as well.
If it is... it will split very well. You should be able to, make good time, and get a good workout swinging the light weight splitting tools.
Good Stuff.

David

A 36?! Too much caliber in a plastic gun for me.
I had a large frame Glock in 45 many years ago and loved it. Like the compactness of this one.

Saw these in a joke thread on FB:

"Sheriff, why do you carry a 45?"
"Well son, I carry a 45 cause they don't make a 46!"

"Sheriff, I noticed you are carrying your pistol tonight. Are you expecting trouble?"
"No ma'am. If I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle!"

Saw this today on my lunch break. Decided to talk to the tree guys and ended up getting five loads of oak. Had the danger ranger today so they were small loads. I had been using my buddy's trailer, but he needed it. He actually asked if he could "borrow" his own trailer.

Two loads were 6' lengths of branches, two loads were big rounds, and the final load was a mix of branches and rounds.

IMG_20171117_120739450.jpg

IMG_20171117_142222426.jpg IMG_20171117_142231277_HDR.jpg IMG_20171117_152016436.jpg

A 36?! Too much caliber in a plastic gun for me.
I bet with a full mag it's heavier than my 3' Kimber in .45 I cary almost daily, which I find easy to shoot. Glocks just don't work for everyone. I don't have much experience with anything else plastic.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Saw this today on my lunch break. Decided to talk to the tree guys and ended up getting five loads of oak. Had the danger ranger today so they were small loads. I had been using my buddy's trailer, but he needed it. He actually asked if he could "borrow" his own trailer.

Two loads were 6' lengths of branches, two loads were big rounds, and the final load was a mix of branches and rounds.

View attachment 613126

View attachment 613123 View attachment 613124 View attachment 613125

Nice scrounge coryj!

View attachment 613126

View attachment 613123 View attachment 613124 View attachment 613125

Outstanding score!

Glocks just don't work for everyone. I don't have much experience with anything else plastic.

My first Glock was a large frame .45, forget which model. I was skeptical but ended up loving it. Sold it along with many of my non sentimental value guns after I had a fleet of kids.

As far as guns go, as long as they function and are at least moderately accurate, I love them all!

I bet with a full mag it's heavier than my 3' Kimber in .45 I cary almost daily, which I find easy to shoot. Glocks just don't work for everyone. I don't have much experience with anything else plastic.

I carry a Glock 19. I like Glocks. Just not in .45.

great score coryj! Oak, dropped and largely bucked for you, sweet.

I just contacted my tree guy to ask about the 'wood pile' in his words, ''Its currently just sh1t3 confier but ...' The but was an offer of a small oak tree coming down wednesday or thursday and notice of a large one coming down in the new year which I can also grab :) I think we need an Oak score emoji, @dancan would use it all the time! Maybe an acorn with a big grinning face on it :D ah ...no... we need this 'Mods! Please!'

1c2e97042de1cd16d9d34912b5f6d205--ice-age-so-funny.jpg

@Cowboy254 , do you know what e.gunnii aka cider gum is like? a couple of those coming down too, I can't find them in any of the databases I use.

Back