Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So , here's the deal , we scrounge up some nice dry leaves and sell that organic tp , but at the same time , make a few pkgs with some poison ivy , give them away free to them special people that you just can't ever forget :)

We'll brand the new tp "Barque" , run tv commercials kinda like this but different

got two loads. grounded the mud flaps coming up the drive both times, second load I grounded something on the bottom of the car going over a speed hump! may have been one round too many, I'll get more tomorrow.

Oh and Boris has decided we are going to just let the virus rip through our population....t w a t

With all the cases of Coronavirus popping up all over the place I think it is pretty obvious that it has been here a lot longer than we realized.

IMO, all these efforts to limit the spread are a day late and a dollar short.

The fact that we mistook it for the flu for so long indicates it is not as bad as we are fearing.

We should try to protect vulnerable populations and let everyone else live their lives. All the schools around here are closed despite the fact that it seems to have little impact on young kids. The fear does not make much sense to me.

Correct. You sound a lot like my mate Roger - almost his exact words, actually - he's a Sydney fella but bought the 10 acre block next door to me. Coincidentally as it turns out since he has been our fund manager for the last dozen years or so.
Interesting I had heard on one of Rogers podcasts that he had a place down your way. Didn’t realise he was your neighbour. Tell him you [know] the guy who was the naysayer who-argued with him on his blog that 3D printers will not change the world.
i don’t however argue with his investment advice and am also thinking putting in some money with him in the coming weeks and months.

With all the cases of Coronavirus popping up all over the place I think it is pretty obvious that it has been here a lot longer than we realized.

IMO, all these efforts to limit the spread are a day late and a dollar short.

The fact that we mistook it for the flu for so long indicates it is not as bad as we are fearing.

We should try to protect vulnerable populations and let everyone else live their lives. All the schools around here are closed despite the fact that it seems to have little impact on young kids. The fear does not make much sense to me.
The kids are suspect as they can supposedly carry it with no symptoms ever manifesting...and still spread it.

They closed all the schools in the neighboring county...all my clients told me no meetings (this is countrywide, not local). They canceled all the events at our school, figure it will close next week out of peer pressure.

The mortality by age is interesting, affects mainly older folks...unlike the flu that is non-discriminatory.

Also, it appears to be exponentially increasing...two weeks ago, we had a handful, last week a hundred, this week a thousand, next week should be in theb10k range possibly. And you are correct, we don't even understand it fully yet, let alone have much control of it...

The grocery stores are nuts around here...no toilet paper or cleaning products, they were carrying food out like it was a winter storm. I'm glad I live out in the country, I don't have to worry about venison spoiling when it's still walking around...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Schools down here until April 6th.
https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Gov-Whitmer-orders-closure-of-all-schools-568761241.htmlGot a couple more buckets last night. The boy and I unloaded them into the woodshed and took a bunch of small rounds into the house.
There's still at least two more buckets in the woods to haul out, got dark on us and I was done. Trying to get as much as we can as quick as we can out of the woods and directly into the woodshed, working as close to our property and the woodshed to clean up those areas first and take the easy pickings first.
Hard to argue working with trees like this, I like black locust :sweet:.
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.56.24 AM.png
Didn't want to walk back to the house to get a wedge and the tree above was back leaning a little and caught in two branches so I made a wedge out of a piece of locust and used another piece to tap it in, gotta make the most of the daylight :). If I had the tractor I probably could have pushed it right over without cutting it, these trees just stand here dead until the wind is able to push them into another tree. It's very odd that the tree doesn't rot hardly at all, but the roots will somewhat, but I've pulled a few stumps(from totally dead trees that had very long roots on them still and others the roots are like any other dead tree at around 3-4' for the longest.
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.56.07 AM.png

My wife just called to see if I wanted Subway for dinner or French Bread Pizza. Said she just heard they closed MD schools for 2 weeks. I haven't' confirmed. Part for my tractor got here. I have a dentist apt tomorrow, unless they cancel?
Maryland schools are closed for 2 weeks starting Monday. Mom works at hanamore in riesterstown.

Shipping is also suffering...two day is turning into five, UPS next day is now three plus the weekend...and Amazon is really bad.

Hopefully my truck parts get here soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Got two orders from Amazon filled next day out of their new Caledonia/Grand Rapids distribution center.

Back