Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And finally. Schools close as of today across the country.

London is running weeks ahead in terms of infection rates (what a surprise) so there is talk of a complete curfew type lock down possibly very soon.

FIL in Liverpool is diabetic and has glaucoma. He had a last ditch op on one eye a month ago now, had his other eye op prioritised and brought forward, then postponed as he had a cough, now postponed indefinitely until beds and nurses are free.... If he has any sight left to try and save. People are starting to understand, it's not just a bit of flu.

Are we stihl allowed to scrounge, Kiwi?

Went out to the same spot again today for another quick Ranger load of peppermint.

19th Mar 5.jpg

I took one round off the fat end and three more off the skinny end.

19th Mar 4.jpg

Mitch had already cut the log in half previously and left it, hence the dry end in the pic below.

19th Mar 3.jpg

19th Mar 2.jpg

Loaded up then had to go and get my favourite son from boarding school since they are closing up in an abundance of coronavirus caution.

19th Mar 1.jpg

Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to sneak out there again tomorrow.

:)

Nice machine, did you just get it?
I like the lights, I've considered adding some to mine down low on the front since I leave the ROPS down.
Do those tires tear the lawn up.
I'm running the same splitter currently :).
Thanks, I got it about half way through last season so less than 20 hrs. on it. Come middle of summer the lights come in handy as I try to hide from the sun. The tires are slightly worse at ripping ground than turf tires when you really turn sharp but its a good trade off because they dont slip on an incline like turf tires.

Thanks, I got it about half way through last season so less than 20 hrs. on it. Come middle of summer the lights come in handy as I try to hide from the sun. The tires are slightly worse at ripping ground than turf tires when you really turn sharp but its a good trade off because they dont slip on an incline like turf tires.
The place those lights would help me is in the fall when I'm doing fall cleanup, especially after the time change, never enough hrs of daylight in the evenings then.
Those tires look as though they are designed with a zero turn in mind, pretty cool.

That is exactly what I found in the cement blocks of my old well when I took it apart. Think there was also some Schaffer!

I saved them, they are in my shed.
When I moved into the house in wappingers there were sleaves of Schaeffer coasters in the bar room in the basement. Still have at least 20 sleeves

People got pro gun right fuggin quick
Reports around Philadelphia of gunshops selling out of stocked firearms.
What happened to all the guns from the last several rounds of panic buying? Aren't they supposed to be durable, unlike toilet paper?

'Other forum' has specific COVID-19 thread. We probably should too. Some chainsaws get itchy after being quarantined for 2 weeks . . .

Philbert

What happened to all the guns from the last several rounds of panic buying? Aren't they supposed to be durable, unlike toilet paper?

'Other forum' has specific COVID-19 thread. We probably should too. Some chainsaws get itchy after being quarantined for 2 weeks . . .

Philbert
ready and set to get it done … just had the 1st sales since the big scare on the virus happened! 1/2 cord of mixed woods for 140.00 to make a spring bon fire... moving the junk wood while I can... god bless everyone!

Philbert
I can solve that...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cabin fever/seasonal depression was beginning to go away for me. Then I couldn't get a haircut shop closed. So spent way too much time online and bought 2 bars I don't need but want lol.
20" es light 3/8 .050 new
32" es light 3/8 .050 1 tank used

Now I need a homelite410 adapter or a 500i which ever is easier to find. The 038 will probably wear em in FWIW.

With COVID closing businesses and government agencies, I was finally able to get out and cut some firewood. My friend and I put on the snowshoes and worked around what will be our wood yard. 4 tanks each. Few hours of good physical work. Feels good!

Attachments

• 7E8C8A6D-7F80-4FAE-8E54-94A89CFE1AA6.jpeg
    7E8C8A6D-7F80-4FAE-8E54-94A89CFE1AA6.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 517AC2B8-C6A1-4BFC-9D6D-9C249AC0C3B4.jpeg
    517AC2B8-C6A1-4BFC-9D6D-9C249AC0C3B4.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 07F9B19D-61BB-4F60-9390-58C5731C04BC.jpeg
    07F9B19D-61BB-4F60-9390-58C5731C04BC.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • E874E695-A4B1-40DF-B819-67D1AE53C407.jpeg
    E874E695-A4B1-40DF-B819-67D1AE53C407.jpeg