Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect day for a fire and more cleaning up around the property, heading back out in a few for a bit of firewood off the neighbors place, if I see someone suspicious coming I'll just start coughing :oops:.
We cleaned up all the sticks out of the woods between the house and the road, and I cleaned up the chips from the black locust I've been doing cookie cutting videos on, 3 good sized buckets, the other cookie cutting area has way more.
20200319_113821.jpg

There's a comedy team (I use the term a little loosely) on the ABC (Oz version) called The Chaser who try to satirize various things. I long since grew out of their adolescent humour but I didn't mind this one.

Nation thinks fondly back to simpler time when country was just engulfed in fire

shutterstock_776859283.jpg

The nation of Australia has today issued a sigh of nostalgia as they remembered the good old days three months back when the only thing troubling the country was an out of control fire engulfing most of the east coast.

“God, remember when you could step outside your house and take a big old deep breath of thick soupy smoke without having to worry about whether it would be helping to spread a global pandemic that could wipe out everyone’s parents?” said one nostalgic citizen today. “What I would give to bring back those heady days of drought, fire, hail, floods, and a Prime Minister who decided to holiday in Hawaii. Ahh the good old days.”

However, others have declared this recent pandemic not as bad as some are making out, with social introverts everywhere celebrating that they are finally getting a bit of shut in. “Yea look sure the extroverts might hate it, but the prospect of being locked indoors away from people with the internet and video games to keep me company is actually my idea of heaven,” said one local gamer. “Plus the no-touching thing really has finally given me an excuse to stay away from my overly touchy aunt. Frankly, I’m thriving.”

My cousin just got home from his cruise down under. They wouldn't let them off the boat in New Zealand, or Brisbane, Melbourne said they could get off there, to get on a plain home. Said it took him 50 hours to get home. They did get a little sight seeing in somewhere. He said he mentioned to a local lady how beautiful a river was, and it should be excellent fishing. She said the trout in there die of old age, no one fishes it.

They also told him, when they got back in the states, they were on an unofficial quarantine, for 2 weeks.
Wishing him the best of luck, that he gets through the next few weeks just fine. Also, sorry we couldn't let him off the boat. These are challenging times for many. IIRC there were three cruise ships around our coastline we wouldn't let ashore.

One of the reasons why our borders are now closed is because tourists weren't voluntarily quarantining. Returning Kiwi's were - spot checks are being made. But it's unrealistic to the point of naivety of officialdom here to assume people on their holidays who have spent a heap of money and time to get here are going to stay in their hotel room/camper-van for two weeks.

Further, I'd donate $1000 to the legal fund of the first person with an HIV infected needle who manages to stab the selfish ******* from Melborne who came here already suspecting he might have covid-19 (had been tested but got on the flight before receiving his results). Hell is too good for phuckers like that.

Criminal charges should be made on anyone leaving their own country, or entering another, that know they have tested positive. The cruise line told my cousin he could cancel his trip month or more ago, because of the fires. I bet if you contacted the cruise lines and told them you tested positive, they would happily reschedule your trip. Who in hells name wants to go on a trip of a life time sick?

Went to my local beer supply shop. His business is booming guys and gals home for the next few weeks. People coming in buying beer and wine supplies. In about two months there's going to be a bunch of drunk folk. I bought 80 lbs of grain for two brews a spring wheat and an octoberfast ale. Brewing about 30 gallons Saturday and Sunday

Found these in the stone foundation in the barn while repointing the cement around the window . Probably some workers on a break when this was a hay farm.
View attachment 808423

Cantdog brought me some of them tall green cans on one of his trips up here , fine drinking beer it is :)

Go cut wood lads, the sky is still falling, unless ya cant wash your hands.
Geesh its like Belinda in grade school, who didnt get the clap from her.......even after being told. The Chinese shut it all down and poof, the rest of us still want a lil taste of Belinda........

Nice having my helper at home, no work oh well, get to be on the scrounge all the time, this years garden is gonna be the best ever.

The Ice Storm of 98 had more impact, online didnt really exist and no power meant no banking, not much of anything, spring is here, big arse sky here, we are all good, so are you.

Get off yer butts go scrounge!!

I spot a critter up in that tree:)
If she's not climbing she's playing in the bonfire pit.
He appears to be levitating.
She's on top of the stem I cut off that cherry tree either last summer or the yr before.

Today she only managed to take a swing to the face, at least that was it, there was plenty of opportunity for something worse.
This was after the swing incident, it didn't seem to slow her down long.
image.jpg

Back