Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very good one, had one like that here last week.
The .17hmr will take them in the eye if they stop to look at me, got a chipmunk this morning at 45 and one a couple days ago at 30yds, the one I got that was so close I couldn't use the scope was sure a mess on the deck :surprised3:, about 7' away :laugh:, had to wash the deck off afterwards.

Hmm a 22 mag does enough to them lol. But it's his deer rifle...
Yeah, the .17HMR is a bit light. The ballistic tips do nothing when it hits, then they penetrate about an inch and the bullet disintegrates.
Maybe I need a 22 mag :D, but the 243 works just fine if need be :yes:.

Yeah, the .17HMR is a bit light. The ballistic tips do nothing when it hits, then they penetrate about an inch and the bullet disintegrates.
40 gr v max blow the side out of one... 80 gr soft point blows them to pieces .
Remington 30-06.
Called it.... it's his deer rifle lol

I used to love to go chuck hunting up on my Aunt/Uncle's farm (20 mi South of Utica). They are both gone and it is my Cousin's now. He says there are hardly any chucks any more, the Coyotes get them all.

My Ruger American Rifle in 223 or my Ruger M-77 in 220 Swift will both get the job done.
Perfect reason to shoot some Coyote's. Cause that's not the only thing the dam Yots are eating . Save the fawn's.

Look at .17WSM. Does wonders on whistle pigs, prairie dogs, coons, etc.

Look at .17WSM. Does wonders on whistle pigs, prairie dogs, coons, etc.
Probably not, I like the little zapper HMR, good for the neighborhood here. Even though theres no-one for a good bit behind us the HMR is pretty quiet, if I need more power I have it, but I try to leave a bit under the counter. Within the last week during the day though I bet I've heard well over a thousand rounds fired at various neighbors, it wouldn't be pretty if some of the rioters wondered into this neighborhood, but we all know they are making noise where they are and not out of the city for a reason.
40 gr v max blow the side out of one... 80 gr soft point blows them to pieces .

Called it.... it's his deer rifle lol
I believe it, thats a lot of speed for a decent size projectile, sure to move some meat.
I was running a little short on the 17s so I did a bit of scrounging tonight, should help on the relocations a bit.

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 11.56.04 PM.png

Latest posts

Back