Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice milling/board pictures and info. Makes me anxious for spring and more milling.

Ok I’m ready to share some snow1A0FB538-7C0E-4989-B98D-7BCDAA0C011C.jpegAbout another 10” sense that picture. Most snowfall in 2 days senes 1971, 25”. D39C4CF1-C17A-472A-9081-B71988E57C8B.jpegLittle less at the house thankfully. Still got 2 1/2 miles in blowing snow thoughCE10F479-8D7C-4BED-8313-5B545AC678E6.pngOffered to let this buck come in out the cold but he declined 795B166C-2B9F-4FD6-994B-66573AA63542.jpeg

Attachments

• 33A9E7E1-F5A0-4A5E-96E0-0B86BD77C4FC.jpeg
    33A9E7E1-F5A0-4A5E-96E0-0B86BD77C4FC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
***SHAMELESS PLUG ***

Entered a video contest with site sponsor TreeStuff.com. If enough people 'like' my videos by 2.28.2021, I might recoup some of the R&D I invest in all these things that I primarily do for the groups that I volunteer with. Most of this has already been shared with members on this site, in related threads.

Renewing Plastic Wedges

Keeping Your Pole Saw Scabbards

Thanks.

Philbert

Nice milling/board pictures and info. Makes me anxious for spring and more milling.

Ok I’m ready to share some snowView attachment 885880About another 10” sense that picture. Most snowfall in 2 days senes 1971, 25”. View attachment 885881Little less at the house thankfully. Still got 2 1/2 miles in blowing snow thoughView attachment 885882Offered to let this buck come in out the cold but he declined View attachment 885883
Great pictures Nate.
What size water line is that running to the snow machine lol.
Is that 25" like a 25" stihl bar, checking for a friend :laugh:.
Is that my room to the left of the house :).

The middle board on the trailer with the whitish (dry) stripe is quarter sawn. See the ray flecks?

I see.

“Quarter sawn lumber is defined as wood where the annular growth rings intersect the face of the board at a 60 to 90 degree angle. When cutting this lumber at the sawmill, each log is sawed at a radial angle into four quarters, hence the name. Dramatic flecking is also present in red oak and white oak.”

! Did not know that you could get energy (petroleum?) directly from snow!

Philbert
I’ve seen some snow burn and produce some heat “energy” it might have had some petroleum “energy” added to it though, lol.
Great pictures Nate.
What size water line is that running to the snow machine lol.
Is that 25" like a 25" stihl bar, checking for a friend :laugh:.
Is that my room to the left of the house :).
Thanks!
Lol, Well think the water line is probably bigger than a Sthil 25”, just wish I could find the valve.
Sorry no that’s my room for the out of town logging projects. But your welcome to park your excursion there when you come over to drive fuel truck.
Love the snow pics nate, super jealous.

We were supposed to get 8+ inches on Monday. All we got was a little ice :(

Sounds like we may get 2-6" over Sunday and Monday. I'm hoping for 6+
You can come get all you want, really, free snow scrounge.
Some places around here charge for it....CE04BF92-46AA-4ADF-98F6-74C6F65AE13D.png

***SHAMELESS PLUG ***

Entered a video contest with site sponsor TreeStuff.com. If enough people 'like' my videos by 2.28.2021, I might recoup some of the R&D I invest in all these things that I primarily do for the groups that I volunteer with. Most of this has already been shared with members on this site, in related threads.

Renewing Plastic Wedges

Keeping Your Pole Saw Scabbards

Thanks.

Philbert

Got you 2 more likes phill, useful as always, well done.

Got the last load of wood out of the 5th row of the woodshed today.
Then grabbed a load out of the 6th row, it's mainly black locust, then a bit of cherry and red oak.
View attachment 885934
View attachment 885935
So I'm still burning from the 5th row out of 11, I'll probably have enough to get through til summer.
View attachment 885936

We are about halfway through the second row of 12. Mine is mostly ash, with some cherry, locust, hard maple, and HVBW mixed in.

Back