Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past weekend I ran some TruFuel through all the saws, cleaned them up, cleaned air filters, put all but the 421 up on the high shelf, and generally declared the end of firewood cutting season. Of course there are going to be cutting opportunities through out the year, but not likely a tri-saw event. And, then this morning, rather than a pot of gold, Scout and I found and inspected this true "Windfall":

View attachment 895402

Busy just now, and a full day of rain tomorrow. Tick season has already started here, gnats, mosquitos, and flies are just around the corner.

View attachment 895404

This nice Red Oak just might lay here till Fall.

Pulled a tick out of my leg Tuesday. The flies and mosquitoes are already out around here. I got Lyme's disease last summer; I hate those things

I was looking for something like that but the prices have skyrocketed lately!
Yes they have . The squares too. The next one to go big are the 88 to 98 OBS trucks I'm going to get a couple of them before they go crazy . There's a nice 92 down the road for sale .

Yes they have . The squares too. The next one to go big are the 88 to 98 OBS trucks I'm going to get a couple of them before they go crazy . There's a nice 92 down the road for sale .
Square body are crazy. Just saw one with a lift and 35's for 10K and it has some body rust. A nice rust free one with new paint is 15-17K.

The 2009 150 with the small v-8 is Stihl giving me 19-21 with 80K on it. That's even with a full load of wood on it. Used the new 250 yesterday and 15 was tops. Hoping it gets a little better after I get some miles on it.
EDIT: Both are full size 8' beds.
Good chance my next one will be a Ford. Used standard cab pickups are getting tough to find, so I'm not going to get too picky about brand.

I had a Tahoe with a 4.8 for a couple years and it got 17 at the very, very best. My current 1/2 ton standard cab has a 5.3 and the best you can milk out of it is 16. I drove a 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive Chevy with a 4.3 and a 5spd for several years and the best it ever got was maybe 20 down the freeway on flat ground. I always took it with a grain of salt when guys were making claims of 21-22 mpg with a full size 4wd truck.
Saw this today, couldn't remember what yr yours was.
https://centralmich.craigslist.org/pts/d/imlay-city-rust-free-texas-gmc-65-bed/7278152886.html

Out of the 4 in the picture the black 79 does the best on fuel, but its also the most expensive having a cummins swapped in it. If I'm nice and keep my foot out of it it wi get 20mpg. Normally 16-18 is about right empty, never got worse the 15 towing with it. Really need to get t fixed up bd backon the road. The red truck never got better then 15 poor little 302 half worn out and is now parts for my white truck. Expedition gets a whopping 10mpg around town.

Attachments

• 16160941276542851093688104306794.jpg
    16160941276542851093688104306794.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back