Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
CBnXYJQ.jpeg

fyEG9sX.jpeg

q9k8wKl.jpeg

WfEZrUt.jpeg

YwZylk3.jpeg
wLCpOsV.jpeg

WD2x5Ev.jpeg

That's a few pics from the weekend gig .
I should have taken some befores.
The grounds guys do the chipping , they don't like how much work I make for them , they can't keep up along with their regular work.
The grounds guys take the harwood home along with some Spruce .
They pile what they don't want at the entrance for the patrons to take what they want .
The birdhouses had to be unscathed and the spruce had 3 dead leaders plus branches above it .
Cutting along a fenceline sucks .

C62dtVY.jpeg

60 gallons of mix through the KM110, FS550 and the 241 to date .

JustJeff

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Looks like chilly mornings on dancans end of Canada. Here in the People's Republic of Ontario it was a balmy 24°C with a humidex of 29. That's 75 or so Fahrenheit. Not exactly wood weather in my book.
One of my boys got a job that requires him to pull a trailer so we did some trailer training today. Harvested my apples this weekend. A friend was pressing some so we joined in on the fun and got some juice out of our windfalls and seconds. My daughter and I on the left and my friend Lou operating the press. Best apple juice ever!
eaaffa29d2d6d47b26e44e0a2ca8cbf7.jpg
55c5ce97f289bc40d80f2df533b712d6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
I cringe seeing that nice bar doing a stump cut though lol
I used that to plunge in from the clean side, because it was a 28 and the saw was already wearing it, then I cut out on the dirty side throwing the dirt out of the cut. Then I used my 440 with an old beat up 24 and a stumping chain(last sharpening) to finish it off. The chain on the husky is still sharp and ready to cut, the stihl chain is going in the trash. Another thing, I wouldn't have been able to cut the road side as close with a wrap handle saw.
That being said, if I had to do it I would just do it, especially if it's for a client. Normally I bring two 70cc saws along when I'm going to be flush cutting so I can keep the pretties pretty :yes:.
Hopefully I can list a few nice ones and a few not as nice ones to get some more cash for the barn, everything to get up to the trusses came today :envy:.

Ryan A

Ryan A

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Found (and killed)my first lantern fly Saturday. Was hoping it was a fluke as it was right next to the road and hoped it fell off of a vehicle. It was kind of lethargic even though it wasn't cold. Anyway relocated 3 more today. I have some of the recommended sprays in my arsenal so I hope I can keep them somewhat under control.
Not a ton in my county Steve (Delaware). Maybe saw 3-4 total this year? Nothing compared to last year, that’s for sure.

Cowboy254

Cowboy254

Compulsive scrounger
. AS Supporting Member.
I finished splitting all of the splittable silvertop ash (which is not an ash but a eucalypt) before I left my parents' place on Sunday. There were a few noodleables left that Dad was going to tend to. He finished stacking yesterday. That's how scrounging should be - do the cutting and splitting and someone else does the loading and stacking.

13th Oct 2.jpg

13th Oct 1.jpg

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
Cowboy254

Cowboy254

Compulsive scrounger
. AS Supporting Member.
farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
Nice! Produce prices been ok, have they FS? Can't wait for the review!
That's a lot of d@mn pepper picking Cowboy. Might be a bit for the review. Gonna be extra warm the next couple of days and I have lots to get ready for the local farmer's fair.