Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pair of Hoffman pac style boots that have held up incredibly well (15+ years) but my feet are always cold unless walking briskly, even if my upper body is working hard but not much walking their cold. They are kept on a boot dryer every night. I bought new liner’s last year that helped but still cold. Never really liked rubber boots but have heard the muck boots are pretty warm if you can keep them dry. Might have to try changing socks, in them 10+ hrs a day.
Yeah sweat is the enemy changing damp socks or socks that wick moisture. I know that's easier said than done expecially all day cutting. Stopping to change socks might be hard. Maybe at least at lunch time for sure. If you try the toe warmers try putting them on top if your toes they need oxygen to work well. Make sure they are open up and hot before you put them on your foot masking tape if needed.

Yep, it was a free chain probably 4 yrs ago, that came with 2 or 3 others and a free saw :).

Come back in now, hope you got the rope attached, we need to take that one down lol.
I like them best a bit before they get here, but they do fine as long as the cutters all stay on. Sometimes the drive links/rivets will start to slow the chain down as there isn't enough kerf.

Not quite, but it cut just fine.

Wow you got alot of cookie dough there to make cookies with! Sweet saw!!!

I wear mine a good bit when the snow gets deeper. I'm not sure if their temp rating is up to par though. I think mine say good -20* but mid teens are pushing it. I have several pair of felt liner insoles for on the bottom and change them out regularly if they feel damp from sweat. I double up on wool blend socks if I'm sitting in the tree stand on a cold day. I forget which model I have but will check when I get back to the shop.
Thank you Steve. I was looking at the Arctic extreme ones.

Ohh how wrong you are. Take it from me noise induced hearing loss is very real and no joke, I find it difficult to hear a conversation in a group, wont't start a saw now with out hearing protection as I'm trying to mind the little I have left...........................................................................................and the tinnitus is no laughing matter either....................................................................
WHAT?!?!
https://media.tenor.com/images/50d5d0c15d00122e5fd985ea1db28ef2/tenor.gif

Thank you Steve. I was looking at the Arctic extreme ones.
I have had the actic pro's for 3 pair now. Best boot i have ever owned. Have had my feet get cool, but never stopwhat you are doing and go inside cool. I put a lot of mile on them. Have one pair just for deer huntin only. The one's you are looking at should be even better. Had to get knee high sox. Hate it when the boots eat the sox and they ball up at the toes.

View attachment 954705

This is the rest of the sycamore we got cut up the other day. The biggest piece is a good 30-32".
View attachment 954706

This maple was mostly rotten. Cut it up and piled it up. For reference the saw has a 36" bar.

Shea
Do you like burning Sycamore or is it just a common softwood you have access to? We burn mostly oak here because there's so much of it but there is a ton of Sycamore around that nobody messes with.

I have had the actic pro's for 3 pair now. Best boot i have ever owned. Have had my feet get cool, but never stopwhat you are doing and go inside cool. I put a lot of mile on them. Have one pair just for deer huntin only. The one's you are looking at should be even better. Had to get knee high sox. Hate it when the boots eat the sox and they ball up at the toes.
Thank you! That helps.

Well this crazy Indian weather is driving me nuts. I have 2 dead ash trunks on top of mt Everest to go get but we’ve went from 5 back to 45. Has to be frozen to get up there. Headed back down to 8 Tuesday night it looks like but by the time I get off work it will be mid 30’s again! Grrrr

Morning guys. -24 this morning and then we finally get some reprieve from deep cold.

The cute blonde I had been seeing removed herself from consideration last week and I’ve started talking pretty seriously to a really good looking redhead. Hoping to meet her in person soon. There are three female aspects that really make me melt, and red hair is one of them.

My big buddy has an appointment with the vet this morning so he’ll officially become a 1 of 1 limited edition. I gave him an extra batch of food last night as he couldn’t have food after midnight.
372BFEB8-319E-4F0C-9558-491433429A59.jpeg

Morning guys. -24 this morning and then we finally get some reprieve from deep cold.

The cute blonde I had been seeing removed herself from consideration last week and I’ve started talking pretty seriously to a really good looking redhead. Hoping to meet her in person soon. There are three female aspects that really make me melt, and red hair is one of them.

My big buddy has an appointment with the vet this morning so he’ll officially become a 1 of 1 limited edition. I gave him an extra batch of food last night as he couldn’t have food after midnight.
View attachment 955127
Only if the drapes match the curtains.....

So, your boy is going to the vet to get TUTORED huh?

Silly SVK, with a doggo that big, both sides of that is for FUD..... mine always have to have a seperate 3 gallon mop bucket for water....

Fixing it for you.

1641825087494.png

View attachment 955127

More fixing is called for here.....

Yeah, my three things would be. Breathing, meaning her body is warm and soft. Intelligent, as in, can hold a conversation and knows what a dogs purpose in life is., and Smells Nice, because, you know, the whole breathing, warm,. soft, body thing would be ruined if she didn't know how to keep her motor clean.

1641826158499.png

Back